Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Zhentar posted:

They're so good at squirreling away $1000+ every month, they've got a whole $1700 in their savings account!

Yeah, I think that's their "if we stuck precisely to our budget, this is how much in savings we would have" amount. I bet at the end of every month, they pretty much break even. I don't understand how if you really could save $1000 a month, you wouldn't just pay off little piddly ant debts of $114 at 26.99% interest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Tony Montana posted:

Someone was telling me when they worked in France everyone had lunch out, everyday, together. Like get a long table at the local and it's a family style lunch everyday.

Man.. I mean on Fridays or something we go and get a schnitzel and have a beer.. that's very Aussie and great.. but everyday? It's not even the cost, I just need some space sometimes!

In France, most companies give their workers a lunch allowance or lunch voucher. It's considered a right in France and a boon to the local restaurants so no French worker would even dream of having to bring his lunch.

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

TLG James posted:

I don't even know where to start with that. I don't even know what half those places are. Fingerhut, Gettington, 7th avenue?

Fingerhut has been around forever (since the 50s) and theie schtick has always been installment payments on cheap crappy overpriced poo poo designed to trap poor saps who are lovely at math. Literally all their stuff is advertised (now online, they used to send out paper catalogs) as only $x.xx per month!

This guy is like the poster child of poor uneducated Americans and why we need usury laws.

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Tora! Tora! Tora! posted:

This guy is like the poster child of poor uneducated Americans and why we need usury laws.

I changed my mind, based on the uncovered post history this guy totally deserves it. I love how he boasts about being smart enough to outwit the man when he's actually voluntarily enslaved himself for some plastic trinkets and cheap clothes. I bet their place looks like Floppy Dingo's.

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

silvergoose posted:

Well I'm just saying we are like locusts with free food.

Yeah, why are we like that? I'm always embarrassed that the admin staff is so much more generous but it's such a compulsion.

Bad with money/general office gripe: my office likes to have potlucks every month which is way too often; quarterly would be just fine tho'. I don't cook so it costs my like $20 to get something big enough and takes like an hour where I'd otherwise spend 30 min at my desk eating a $5 sandwich. But if I don't participate I look like a anti-social weirdo and I can probably kiss any chance of a promotion goodbye. And I keep forgetting to bring something but then everyone guilts me into attending anyway so I look like like a stingy anti-social weirdo.

• Locked thread