Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Captain Magic posted:

Studio Series Blurr!??!?

I am here for that.

I’m down for Kup.

EDIT: Just remembered they’re supposed to be doing a Grimlock also. He’s going to get told about the Petrorabbits.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jul 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Knormal posted:

Some new Studio Series listings with some new '86 movie figures:

Any chance of those just being the Titans Return versions with different decos? They already did that with TLK toys for Drift, Thundercracker, and the Dreads.

That being said, there was that new Cyclonus that leaked a while back, so hopefully they're not.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I haven’t been too interested in the SS stuff; the exceptions are the Constructicons, which I have loved. So I’m extremely excited for renditions of the animated movie. I hope they go all out.

I’ll keep buying copies of Kup and Hot Rod again and again until we get Ultra Magnus.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Gonna laugh like crazy if they put out Earthrise Arcee with a movie paint job

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Burkion posted:

Gonna laugh like crazy if they put out Earthrise Arcee with a movie paint job

so just a reissue of the ER toy then

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nodosaur posted:

so just a reissue of the ER toy then

While that's a joke, I will clarify that I meant in the style of the cel shaded look the Siege Optimus and Megatron had

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Knormal posted:

Some new Studio Series listings with some new '86 movie figures:

I'm assuming it's going to be Bayverse Jazz, but I'd love to be wrong.

There's already a bayverse jazz

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Robot Style posted:

Any chance of those just being the Titans Return versions with different decos? They already did that with TLK toys for Drift, Thundercracker, and the Dreads.

That being said, there was that new Cyclonus that leaked a while back, so hopefully they're not.
I can't imagine them using Headmasters versions as the "ultimate" versions. TR Blurr could be remolded into a non-Headmaster pretty easily, but TR Kup doesn't really have any room in his vehicle mode for a head.

banned from Starbucks posted:

There's already a bayverse jazz
That's a good sign, I couldn't remember. Of course there's also already several Bayverse Bumblebees, but those are all different iterations. I doubt they'd double-dip on Jazz, but I'm trying not to get too excited only for it to end up being Torn-In-Half Jazz.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Oh my god.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2020/07/11/walmart-listing-for-leader-class-86-slag-with-daniel-414536

Triceratops was always my favorite dinosaur as a kid (and okay, now), now I'm pumped for this line. Maybe we actually will get all the Dinobots?

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Hope he still Slag in England!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
More interested in the Exosuit then the Dinobot, but that would still be awesome. I NEED that 86 movie Kup if it's actually accurate and good.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Since the exosuit Daniel is included might this be a large voyager size-wise?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The MSJ posted:

Since the exosuit Daniel is included might this be a large voyager size-wise?

Most leaders are pretty much voyager size with extra stuff these days, aren't they?

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!
Is this Walmart collector con going to turn into a page where you can buy stuff? If so that sucks as bots buy out everything in seconds like what happened with that back to the future figure.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Looks like my buddy has a new Sharkticon to look for.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

More rumors from the SS Slag thread on TFW2005:

quote:

Basically the original source said all the following.

WFC 3 will be called Kingdom

The story line will be about the Autobots and Decepticons meeting the Maximals and Predacons via time travel.

So far the only BW characters included in the mainline that they saw were S1 characters

Micromasters are being cut for a new Size class called the “Core class”. It includes smaller figures of some big named G1 characters like Optimus and Megatron but also smaller characters like Rattrap and “Fossilizers”

“Fossilizers” are the new Weaponizers of the line. An example they used is that Of one being a Dinosaur that can be used as bone armor.

They also noted that Part 3’s titan and commander class figures weren’t BW related characters.

specific figures they mentioned.

Core class:
Optimus Prime
Megatron
Rattrap

Deluxe:
Cheetor
Airazor

Voyager:
Dinobot
Optimus Primal
G1 Inferno

Leader:
BW Megatron
Rodimus Prime with Trailer

Than they moved on to studio series and said the following figures we’re coming from the 86 Movie.

Voyager:
Scourge
Hot Rod

Leader:
Slag with Daniel

They also talked about some of their accessories specifically for Voyager Hot Rod and Deluxe Kup.

Kup comes with some energon goodies

Hot Rod comes with his Saw blade and a Flip down visor.

There may have been more that I missed.

We’ll have to wait and see if the rest plays out true.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

I honestly hope none of these rumors are true. I hate that so many lines are already heavily g1 influenced and the one line that's something totally unique and different (studio series) is getting g1 crammed into it.

Also, I dont like the idea of adding in Beast wars to WFC. There's still tons of late g1 stuff to be added that we've never got new toys of yet since the original g1 toyline. I think Beast Wars should be its own toy line.

Its so weird they're adding in g1 to the movieverse toyline and adding in BW in the G1 line. Its a cluster gently caress imo.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The way the WFC line is getting into the late 80s/early 90s G1.5 stuff, I'd honestly wager that we see a Thunderclash.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

G1 is objectively the best though and that’s definitely not just because it lets adult collectors desperately hang on to our precious childhood memories with these little plastic totems.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The_Doctor posted:

The way the WFC line is getting into the late 80s/early 90s G1.5 stuff, I'd honestly wager that we see a Thunderclash.

i will absolutely buy the optimus prime redeco of a new thunderclash, because that was the only optimus prime i had as a kid and like the rest of us im a slave to nostalgia

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

Surprised we haven't already. Seems like the most "voyagers with doodads leader" possible. Trailer that turns into armor or a gun platform, done.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Jamie Faith posted:

I honestly hope none of these rumors are true. I hate that so many lines are already heavily g1 influenced and the one line that's something totally unique and different (studio series) is getting g1 crammed into it.

Also, I dont like the idea of adding in Beast wars to WFC. There's still tons of late g1 stuff to be added that we've never got new toys of yet since the original g1 toyline. I think Beast Wars should be its own toy line.

Its so weird they're adding in g1 to the movieverse toyline and adding in BW in the G1 line. Its a cluster gently caress imo.

It’s pretty great, and is probably attracting a lot of people like me that don’t normally buy toys.

I couldn’t resist that 35th Anniversary Optimus Prime, and I blame you guys for exacerbating the situation.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I don't know if I could go all-in for a set of the DJD but MMC's Kultur looks really cool.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Knormal posted:

More rumors from the SS Slag thread on TFW2005:

It's been so long, but... my taint is twitching from reading this.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Reaped again

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

In a good or bad way?

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Speaking of non-G1, I have finished (read exhausted myself again) a redo on Armada jetfire's head. His huge cheeks bothered me way back in 2000-whatever, when he was released. His new face is super boring but I caught some kind of cold and have to call off the model work for now.

I'm going to go on a limb and say he's the best space shuttle I've ever gotten. Ratchet joints, landing gear, bay doors, 5mm ports and plugs in the bay. Probably sound FX but I haven't had batteries in it since I got it.

https://twitter.com/vapourware/status/1281799328248606725?s=21

https://twitter.com/vapourware/status/1281425149032636416?s=21

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh MMC, yes. That’s it right there. :kimchi:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Fans Hobby has shipped my MB-12 Athena. So that's nice.

Deceptive Thinker posted:

In a good or bad way?

It just feels like something the Taint Reaper would claim.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
You can have my money right goddamn now for Leader Class '86 Dinobots (okay Swoop can be a Voyager). About loving time they did those characters up right. The PotP ones were a joke.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I don’t really understand the logic of the Dinobots as large figures. Like. In G1 theres shots where Sludge goes up to another character’s waist.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
of all things, we should be taking g1 size comparisons as gospel

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Because they're huge? I'm sure there's a couple error shots where Slag is too small or whatever but they are consistently shown to be much larger than everyone except Skyfire.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Clearly they got the cel layers all mixed up as usual and what’s actually happening is the Dinobots are supposed to be right up front obscuring every other character who all happen to be standing like a mile away.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I was specifically thinking of times they were in beast mode. But if their robot modes are like that I guess I can see it.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

Clearly they got the cel layers all mixed up as usual and what’s actually happening is the Dinobots are supposed to be right up front obscuring every other character who all happen to be standing like a mile away.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nodosaur posted:

I was specifically thinking of times they were in beast mode. But if their robot modes are like that I guess I can see it.

Honestly with what you cited, depending on whose waist it was, it's not unbelievable that they could be that big in robot mode still. Sludge doesn't have a super long neck and he has pretty stubby legs as a quadruped.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Burkion posted:

Honestly with what you cited, depending on whose waist it was, it's not unbelievable that they could be that big in robot mode still. Sludge doesn't have a super long neck and he has pretty stubby legs as a quadruped.

That makes sense.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Jamie Faith posted:

yeah i dont get it either. Did they really need the "hurr the movie technically fits the studio theme! :haw: " excuse to do even more G1? Especially when theres still actual movie stuff left to make from the beyverse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

How well do the Bayverse toys sell anyway compared to the more traditional toys?