Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

obvious pretool
The thing is they could just put all that G1 movie stuff in the already G1 themed line they already have.

SS continues as it is and two different groups of people get to both be happy instead of just one. I don’t see how that’s a bad thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
What if they just make new Dinobots? An ankylosaur, brachiosaur, parasaurolophus? We got Slash the velociraptor, and she was really good. Oh, and shoutout to Dinopope, obviously.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I think they'll use this to see how Beast Wars stuff sells and if it does well enough they'll eventually spin it off into it's own thing. The concept seems pretty wild and while I'm usually pretty skeptical of remaking BW figures (the need just isn't as dire as it is with the G1 stuff) I liked PoTP Optimus Primal so I have no doubt the toys will be very cool.

I'm glad they're keeping the original factions as well, it would kind of suck to make everybody Autobots and Decepticons. Maybe this will open the door to some Beast Machines homagahahhaha aha ok no you're right I'll go to bed now I need sleep

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

What if they just make new Dinobots? An ankylosaur, brachiosaur, parasaurolophus? We got Slash the velociraptor, and she was really good. Oh, and shoutout to Dinopope, obviously.

Here's hoping for a Generations Select Dinopope, retooled from leader class Snarl.

Make all the weird dinosaur Dinobots. A carnotaurus guy who is scientifically accurate so he has tiny arms and resembles a sausage with long legs and a horned head. A spinaurus that looks like a huge crocodile. Those sort of things.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

History Comes Inside! posted:

How well do the Bayverse toys sell anyway compared to the more traditional toys?

Here in SE Asia they are absolutely huge, for most collectors under the age of thirty the Bay designs are the definitive iterations of transformers, I'd say out here there's as many if not more of them at this point than there are g1 collectors.

Transformers is a much bigger part of pop culture in these parts then in the west though, way more so then say Star Wars, Marvel stuff is the only thing in toys or pop culture that's really at that level. Just based on the sales in this region I would imagine Takara would keep making them if Hasbro decided they weren't going to bother anymore because they make a ton of money not just in toys but in merchandise too like children's clothes and backpacks, the theme park rides, car decals, etc.

I would love to see new beast wars stuff in Siege but I'd also really dig more Unicron trilogy poo poo too and an update to Fire Convoy, so I do like the idea of a line where the previous continuities all get blurred as that seems to be the best chance of this stuff ever happening.

picked these little dudes up over the weekend

Doubledealer apparently came out with them too but was all sold out by the time I made my way down to the shops.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I'd love to see some new beast wars stuff. A decent dinobot that isnt priced into needing to skip food 4 times a week or leader sized TM meg would be baller as poo poo. Hell any of the transmetals or stuff like Inferno, quickdraw, silverbolt with decent wings...God theres so much potential there for good figures. Maybe Just toss a jetstorm drone in there from BM to go with the already pretty awesome tank and cycle drones that came out a decade+ ago

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Top Gun Mashup is up for preorder

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-generations-top-gun-mash-up-maverick-robot

he comes with a volleyball.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Macross looking fella

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I dig it. I hope they keep doing crazy poo poo like this. Bring on the Days of Thunder retool.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Pricey, also looks like Leader-1.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Did the Gigawatt crossover transformer go up for preorder on Hasbro Pulse and I just missed it, or am I imagining things?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xenomrph posted:

Did the Gigawatt crossover transformer go up for preorder on Hasbro Pulse and I just missed it, or am I imagining things?

The limited exclusive was on walmart.com, the standard goes up on Pulse in October.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I kinda wish the Top Gun Transformer wasn't inexplicably covered in poo poo, but I'll probably get him anyway.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rhyno posted:

The limited exclusive was on walmart.com, the standard goes up on Pulse in October.

Ohh okay, thanks!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Knormal posted:

I kinda wish the Top Gun Transformer wasn't inexplicably covered in poo poo, but I'll probably get him anyway.

That plus the ugly grey plastic is not doing it any favors. Easily the weakest of the three crossovers so far.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Looks like a pretty lousy deluxe to me.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

BizarroAzrael posted:

Looks like a pretty lousy deluxe to me.
It’s $50 so either the licensing fee was real big or the toy is bigger than the other two.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Xenomrph posted:

It’s $50 so either the licensing fee was real big or the toy is bigger than the other two.
Yikes, I'd been thinking he was a leader-class for some reason, but going back and looking at the screws I think voyager at best. Yeah I don't think that's a $50 buy.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Airwolf/Knight Rider/Street Hawk box set when

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

Oh yeah I've seen it in packaging, it's at least Voyager.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
my paperwork says it's an earthrise starscream retool, but looking at it again nearly a year later and I can't even find a shared part

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Id rather the plastic for the volleyball gimmick had went to panels to cover those ungodly forearm voids.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Tighclops posted:

Airwolf/Knight Rider/Street Hawk box set when

:emptyquote:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Thought that was a Decepticon symbol on the tailfin at first glance, but on second glance Maverick was saved from being interesting

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Also, 8 year old me learned a very very hard lesson about how much cooler things seem on film once he saw the real Airwolf take off and hover at the Miramar Air Show

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The volleyball should be a BotBot.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Deceptive Thinker posted:

my paperwork says it's an earthrise starscream retool, but looking at it again nearly a year later and I can't even find a shared part

Yeah, that is an intensely Macross transformation (To the point where a VF-84 or VF-103 paint job would basically be trolling Harmony Gold) and I don't see how it could share all that much outside of maybe a hip joint. I wonder how well it Gerwalks.

Also looking forward to the umpteen photos of it without the tip of the nosecone tucked away in bot mode

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Tighclops posted:

I think they'll use this to see how Beast Wars stuff sells and if it does well enough they'll eventually spin it off into it's own thing. The concept seems pretty wild and while I'm usually pretty skeptical of remaking BW figures (the need just isn't as dire as it is with the G1 stuff) I liked PoTP Optimus Primal so I have no doubt the toys will be very cool.

I'm glad they're keeping the original factions as well, it would kind of suck to make everybody Autobots and Decepticons. Maybe this will open the door to some Beast Machines homagahahhaha aha ok no you're right I'll go to bed now I need sleep

Yeah Beast Wars era stuff generally holds up pretty well outside of the handful of figures that suffer from GPS, and of those figures Mutants Soundwave is literally the only one without a GPS free version*

*I would pay a surprisingly large amount of money if someone made a high quality KO of the guy in plastic that isn't doomed

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

drrockso20 posted:

Yeah Beast Wars era stuff generally holds up pretty well outside of the handful of figures that suffer from GPS, and of those figures Mutants Soundwave is literally the only one without a GPS free version*

*I would pay a surprisingly large amount of money if someone made a high quality KO of the guy in plastic that isn't doomed

I would appreciate a new Megatron that isn't hampered with gimmicks and isn't the down-payment of a cheap car

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
and he should turn into a pistol that was even old as hell in the 80's.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Megatron should be a tank. What is a tank but a gun on wheels? (err....treads?) Its the perfect alt mode for him imo

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

obvious pretool
I believe that Burkion was talking about a BEAST Megatron.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Why not split the difference and give us a new, gun/tank/dinosaur hybrid megatron

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Like a... dragon?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Yes...

Think I would like more beast+vehicle triple changers though.

Also want to say again how it's crazy they've not repurposed Animated S4 Megatron's toy for another line.

Also having a go at watching the Brave series, would really like toys based on the Geisters. I know they are based on the G1 Dinobots but they have their own aesthetic that I dig.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
https://twitter.com/SixoTF/status/1283020589779816448?s=19

Get a load of the pins on the wrist-hinges on Zarak here - that's the Shogo Hasui signature, also seen on CW Scrapper and TR Full-Tilt.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Why not split the difference and give us a new, gun/tank/dinosaur hybrid megatron

Beast Wars 2 Galvatron?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

https://twitter.com/SixoTF/status/1283020589779816448?s=19

Get a load of the pins on the wrist-hinges on Zarak here - that's the Shogo Hasui signature, also seen on CW Scrapper and TR Full-Tilt.

I can't wait for this and Skylynx. The way things are going we might actually get the entire S1-4 cast in modern toy form.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

The MSJ posted:

Beast Wars 2 Galvatron?

I think we can go further, more stupider

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
MP Heinrad.