Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Homora Gaykemi posted:

Give me a Cyclonus in that line so I can get the PotP Tailgate and have him carry him around like a baby

A picture of Cyclonus leaked a while ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Homora Gaykemi posted:

Give me a Cyclonus in that line so I can get the PotP Tailgate and have him carry him around like a baby
Thrilling 30 Tailgate has a better shape for that.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Guess I'm buying studio series figures now

poo poo

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Guess I'm buying studio series figures now

poo poo

:same:

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

The_Doctor posted:

ah, sweet

Arquinsiel posted:

Thrilling 30 Tailgate has a better shape for that.

was mostly just thinking about the PotP one being cheaper to get lol

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
$20 on ebay right now.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
yeah, i saw that, but then it's that again for postage down to Australia and then our taxes and stuff so it winds up like three times the price of the other version

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
As someone who owns combiner wars windcharger, get the PoTP one.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
You're best looking for sellers in China so. That's where I got one, cheaper shipping from there to Ireland than from the USA.

Fsmhunk posted:

As someone who owns combiner wars windcharger, get the PoTP one.
I picked up PotP Windcharger because he was cheap, and it's one of the few times I kind of wish I didn't bother. Nowhere near as nice as the old Reveal the Shield one. As Tailgate, especially IDW Tailgate, the mould is way too chunky.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Hasbro hasn’t made a good Tailgate yet. The best is the Maketoys one with add-on parts for RtS Cyclonus.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Hope Scourge isn't too shell-formy, it looks like the sides of the torso fold up but hard to be sure.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Holy moly that Hot Rod is loving spectacular. Nearly definitive if not for the backs of his shins, but that's a ridiculous nitpick when they gave him butterfly shoulders at retail holy gently caress.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The_Doctor posted:

Hasbro hasn’t made a good Tailgate yet. The best is the Maketoys one with add-on parts for RtS Cyclonus.

The_Doctor posted:

Those Cyclonii look awfully similar...

Also yes, Maketoys Tailgate best Tailgate.

DoctorWhat posted:

Holy moly that Hot Rod is loving spectacular. Nearly definitive if not for the backs of his shins, but that's a ridiculous nitpick when they gave him butterfly shoulders at retail holy gently caress.

Yes.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Honestly for Cyclonus they could just do what Earthrise Starscream did and upscale the Classics deluxe with extra articulations and it would have been fine.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Sep 21, 2020

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
They don't look similar at all aside from being the same character. Chest, legs, arms, proportions totally different. The new one is a much stockier (and thus movie accurate) take on him. And that's leaving aside the size class difference.

Not everything Hasbro does is a cost-cutting conspiracy.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

They should release a slightly darker toned one as Hisarmada.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Me: man, G1 movie line up in Studio Series? That's already masterpiece territory.

Also me: hell yeah another Hot Rod, hit me up with the Scourge and Cyclonus too.

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!

EthanSteele posted:

Me: man, G1 movie line up in Studio Series? That's already masterpiece territory.

Also me: hell yeah another Hot Rod, hit me up with the Scourge and Cyclonus too.

From the inception of studio series I always wished they would do the same treatment to G1 figures. Sure, we mostly got that with siege/earthrise, but I wanted figures that didn't have any major gimmicks to them.

I'm the reason G1 will never go away. :(

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Still selling these hot Takara imports.

She had a bit of a thumb incident, but someone with steadier hands than mine could probably fix it with Gorilla Glue, or just pose her in a way that you'd never notice.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Boy, that Hot Rod looks dated now more than ever huh

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
well yes, it's nearly 15 years old at this point

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

And was kind of considered a weak spot in the line at the time. Hot Rod has been done dirty many times.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

This is one of the weirdest sponsored content drops I have ever seen, but props for using so much of the G1 cartoon music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tyERD-Q1ww

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I saw the video thumbnail and was like "are they just color-coding ships and calling them autobot and decepticon" but to actually have prime, megatron, and others just chilling out on the ship in the gunner seats and stuff is a nice touch. still never going to play that game, but it's a neat crossover.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

That trailer kinda devolves into 'lets see how many movie lines we can throw in' near the end.

Also surely they should just use Broadside and Tidal Wave as the main ships?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Keldroc posted:

And was kind of considered a weak spot in the line at the time. Hot Rod has been done dirty many times.

It's still a fun toy and the best main line version of Hot Rod so far, though!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Studio Series Kup will apparently have an energon goodie box as an accessory. :3:

Kid Fenris
Jan 22, 2004

If someone is reading this...
I must have failed.
Kup was (don't laugh) my favorite new character from the movie, so I'm definitely interested in this Studio Series toy. Of course, it won't be complete without a bunch of Alicons...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.instagram.com/p/CFZHd-Egra6/?igshid=1byltqrvefvbo

New Fossilizer pics.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Name is wrong on that one, it's the more awesomely named Paleotrex. :haw:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Kid Fenris posted:

Kup was (don't laugh) my favorite new character from the movie, so I'm definitely interested in this Studio Series toy. Of course, it won't be complete without a bunch of Alicons...

I liked Springer as a kid, but Kup is the right answer for best movie character.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Keldroc posted:

This is one of the weirdest sponsored content drops I have ever seen, but props for using so much of the G1 cartoon music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tyERD-Q1ww
Optimus driving a boat around while flicking his windshield wipers is a pretty weird sight.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
The Fossilizer has the mutant head gimmick from the OG Beast Wars figures and the head is the mace from ape Optimus Primal

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Open Marriage Night posted:

Kup is the right answer for best movie character.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

bruticus hates being banished...

BUT BRUTICUS LOVES FRESH NEW KICKS!

edit: i just noticed this pose makes him look hosed up, i have not had time to mess around properly with him beyond combining him so i'll post a better pic later

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Sep 23, 2020

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://www.ign.com/articles/new-transformers-generations-war-for-cybertron-kingdom-figures-announced-by-hasbro?amp=1

That new Cyclonus looks lame. He doesn't even turn into a helicopter.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
drat

Peace out to all my MPs I guess

Edit: and despite Pulse assuring me my address was updated they still sent my box to my old house.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Sep 23, 2020

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Rhyno posted:

drat

Okay, for a retail toy that's actually impressive. Oof at that backpack though.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

drat

Edit: and despite Pulse assuring me my address was updated they still sent my box to my old house.

Ok that looks loving rad. I've got BM T-Wrecks and the backpack on this one doesn't look any worse than the original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
That Megatron looks incredible. Wow.