Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
hyesssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tighclops posted:

Ok that looks loving rad. I've got BM T-Wrecks and the backpack on this one doesn't look any worse than the original.

I dunno, I think it looks a fair bit more substantial, considering the original's backpack was Grimlock-style Chest Makes Wings, and Hasbro/Takara have been pretty good lately about choosing their camera angles to minimize the apparent size of kibble or body cavities.

This still looks amazing, though.

Also good to see Cheetor's got articulation in beast mode, though I'm not sure how I didn't twig before now to the fact that his cat feet become his shins and knees.

(Is there a "common" name for the part of the back leg in digitigrade animals that corresponds to the part of the foot between the ankle and toes in plantigrades? I bet either vets or furries would know.)

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I'm guessing the tail arm isnt removable with a normal arm under it?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

banned from Starbucks posted:

I'm guessing the tail arm isnt removable with a normal arm under it?

You can clearly see the normal arm in the photo. Be awfully strange if it wasn't removable.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly the engineering on the Masterpiece, in some regards, isn't THAT complicated. So I'd be shocked if this wasn't just taking a lot of what was learned from that and bringing it down

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Megatron's backpack is perfectly acceptable compared to the exploding pile of shards that comprises his MP toy's backpack.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I can't wait to see what comes next, there's no way they stop with this series.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I sincerely hope the next line gives us homages to stuff that came after G1 and BW. Like, say what you will about the Unicron Trilogy, but we're coming up on its 20th anniversary.

I think we're due for our share.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nodosaur posted:

I sincerely hope the next line gives us homages to stuff that came after G1 and BW. Like, say what you will about the Unicron Trilogy, but we're coming up on its 20th anniversary.

I think we're due for our share.

We've seen several UT homage toys of late, I'm sure they'll keep tossing out a few more.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Rhyno posted:

We've seen several UT homage toys of late, I'm sure they'll keep tossing out a few more.

I mean something with the same degree of prominence as what they're doing with Kingdom

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nodosaur posted:

I mean something with the same degree of prominence as what they're doing with Kingdom

Psh, when they could just do more G1?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nodosaur posted:

It'll come but probably not for a hot minute. We're only just now scratching the Beast Wars hide after years of teasing and almost theres.

We had like, three or four across the 2000s, Rhinox, Rattrap, a Primal in the 2010s, not counting BAs that were based on other figures, and then a lot of nothing except for Masterpiece. This is the first time a line is being dedicated to Beast Wars in particular.

Watch the next show to get a love letter be RID where they just reissue all the same toys from RID again

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Rhyno posted:

Psh, when they could just do more G1?

Kingdom has G1 in it! They can do both!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Burkion posted:

Watch the next show to get a love letter be RID where they just reissue all the same toys from RID again

I was almost ready to do a "lol kids today couldn't handle Side Burn" but I've increasingly had to resort to reading the instructions even for main line stuff, so maybe kids today could handle Side Burn

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

I don't know that Hasbro even pretends that these are even for children beyond doing whatever safety test gets an 8+ on the box anymore

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!
Studio series Omega Prime from RID please.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
These toys are for children, just not the young kind.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Captain Magic posted:

These toys are for children, just not the young kind.

Just the young at heart :kiddo:

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/ARCTIC_ST0RM/status/1308823712586588161?s=20

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
So wait, Studio Series is doing TFTM, but there's also Cyclonus in Kingdom... guessing they're just going to repackage him for Studio?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Phy posted:

So wait, Studio Series is doing TFTM, but there's also Cyclonus in Kingdom... guessing they're just going to repackage him for Studio?

I think it's more likely we'll get season 3 characters spread out across Studio and Kingdom.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
It's like Reveal the Shield/Transformers Red Box 2010. Two "toylines", one design intent. There'll probably still be Bayverse figures spread across the Studio waves too.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Phy posted:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You’d think they’d unify the 86 movie stuff into one line. Putting an amazing looking Cyclonus into Kingdom undermines what they’re doing with the SS stuff.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Well I’ll be spending money here. That BW Megatron looks amazing

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The_Doctor posted:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You’d think they’d unify the 86 movie stuff into one line. Putting an amazing looking Cyclonus into Kingdom undermines what they’re doing with the SS stuff.

why?

You still get the amazing Cyclonus anyway.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I wonder if it's easier to convince retailers to carry multiple smaller toylines than one massive one? It gives the appearance of more product diversity on the shelves, it might all be marketing psychology.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Does anyone here read Gold Digger? Because it has a significant amount of Transformers influence, among other childhood interests of the creator.

Sometimes it's overly gratuitous, but I think it's settled on a nice balance.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

SlothfulCobra posted:

Does anyone here read Gold Digger? Because it has a significant amount of Transformers influence, among other childhood interests of the creator.

Sometimes it's overly gratuitous, but I think it's settled on a nice balance.

Considering the guy who makes it does smut on the side(including several based on Transformers Prime) that's not surprising

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

drrockso20 posted:

Considering the guy who makes it does smut on the side(including several based on Transformers Prime) that's not surprising

He's an artist so that goes without saying

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Burkion posted:

Well I mean one who posts it publicly and doesn't try to hide it

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

drrockso20 posted:

Well I mean one who posts it publicly and doesn't try to hide it

Burkion posted:

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

don't talk to me or my son ever again

ironically the much larger robot was the easier one to stand up on the bed

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

If 3P companies made their Bruticus in G2 colors I’d buy the poo poo out of them, I’m a total sucker for G2 bruticus.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

so far he's looked weird in every pic ive taken of him but i really, really like this MMC bruticus. he has the poseability and stability of a much smaller figure, and really good articulation. he's about an inch shorter from the top of his head to the top of my jinbao OSKO gravity builder, which is fine with me. he looks suitably menacing next to the MP-size autobots especially.

Xenomrph posted:

If 3P companies made their Bruticus in G2 colors I’d buy the poo poo out of them, I’m a total sucker for G2 bruticus.

MMC seem to do a lot of recolours and i doubt they're gonna just sit on these moulds with all the engineering thats gone into making this set. i bet we'll see a whole gamut of like G2, winter camo, RID Ruination etc.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Ordered the MFT Omega Supreme/Huge Dragon add-on, and it came all the way from China in just a padded bag, so yes, it got crushed. It’s the first time I’ve got something from China that hasn’t come incredibly well packed in polystyrene blocks. Made a return request through eBay so it either means a refund or they’ll send another.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Ordered the MFT Omega Supreme/Huge Dragon add-on, and it came all the way from China in just a padded bag, so yes, it got crushed. It’s the first time I’ve got something from China that hasn’t come incredibly well packed in polystyrene blocks. Made a return request through eBay so it either means a refund or they’ll send another.

man that's really hosed up. i've also had good experiences overall, although recently my irontrans star saber arrived with just a thin cardboard box over his actual box, and either someone or something had poked a hole in the side (i'm guessing with a finger to make it easier to carry) and gone through the actual box too. the clamshell inside was fine, as was the toy, but it's a good job that i'm not precious about the boxes.

the last of the bruticus spam for now, him in my completely shambolic centre display with a decent variety of other sized dudes around him for scale. there's a lot of rogue accessories and stuff I managed to knock over while moving stuff and I need to tidy it up. also a big pyramid of those corner-protectors showz puts on their boxes when they ship them.

it's very cool to me that bruticus has a double-elbow bend as a combiner

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Rhyno posted:

drat

Peace out to all my MPs I guess

Edit: and despite Pulse assuring me my address was updated they still sent my box to my old house.

MP BW Megatron was probably one of the few MPs ive ever really wanted. But now I don’t even know if I’d need it?? This looks awesome!

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
MP BW Megatron is rad and more cartoon accurate imo (just look at the heads, the MP is straight out of the show) and I imagine this one is going to be much smaller than the MP, but it looks cool as hell and I'm probably going to end up picking it up too.

Zephirus
May 18, 2004

BRRRR......CHK
I'm not a massive BW guy but that Megs is a must buy for me.

Just picked up an old Bandai GoDaiKin Dancougar Mammoth for pretty cheap on ebay, and this guy is great. He goes from a sort of space tank, to space elephant mode, and then a pretty goofy G1 looking robot mode. I'm going to have to keep a lookout for the rest of his little combiner dudes who seem to transform into a massive head and van shoes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
Oh weird. I've had that since I was a kid and always wondered what it was. Now I want to know how it got to a flea market in Ohio in the mid '80s.