Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
It feels so weird to have new Beast Wars figures in hand. I am officially old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Tighclops posted:

It feels so weird to have new Beast Wars figures in hand. I am officially old.

Honestly I feel the same way about G1 “accurate” toys after years of movie influence. Only yknow older.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just paid my invoice for Kingdom Inferno, Kingdom Dinobot it set to arrive tomorrow. The original arrival date for that wave was May so this is a nice surprise. That leaves Huffer, Airrazor and the still unscheduled metallic Cheetor and I'll be caught up on mainline TFs for the first time in ages. I used to have a huge spreadsheet covering my preorders and purchases. I mean, I still have it but I stopped updating it and it's just so much easier to not give a poo poo about how much you've spent or plan on spending on toys.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Were the G1 Combaticons ever metal? I have some I'm selling and the guy is asking if they have metal chests, but I thought they were plastic all along.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Medullah posted:

Were the G1 Combaticons ever metal? I have some I'm selling and the guy is asking if they have metal chests, but I thought they were plastic all along.

Just the chests. Initial release was diecast metal, then later, plastic.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
The more you know! Cool, thanks Doc.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

New Shockwave just dropped. And not a gun this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUgFwD0CudU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Transmutate on BBTS, just as horrifying as I remember

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Can Optimus Primal still use her head as a mace or did they remold that out

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Sandstorm (the Desert Storm Ramjet) showed up last night from BBTS and, yeah, he's as boxy in jet mode as I expected - the Ramjet wing plan just makes it more obvious over the regular F-15s - but he still looks cool as hell in both modes. The nice thing is, RJ's wings can fold all the way forward or all the way back, so instead of giving him the silhouette of a Dracula cape, you can make him more trim-looking than even the regular seekers. That, and the fact that he's wearing the chocolate chip camo from the Gulf War, kind of sets his characterization for me as "professional soldier", with a hint of "permanently done with the rest of these clowns' bullshit".

I think he'd get on well with Onslaught.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Transmutate on BBTS, just as horrifying as I remember

Just announced by the the Transformers social media accounts, too.

EDIT: DT you gotta let someone in web development know that looking through one's orders on Pulse is a nightmare, a way at least to sort by "open" status would save so much time. Hasbro Dean must be a bot or something.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Feb 23, 2021

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Just announced by the the Transformers social media accounts, too.

EDIT: DT you gotta let someone in web development know that looking through one's orders on Pulse is a nightmare, a way at least to sort by "open" status would save so much time. Hasbro Dean must be a bot or something.

I couldn't tell you who manages this but I know for sure there's a lot of people who complain about it

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I couldn't tell you who manages this but I know for sure there's a lot of people who complain about it

I imagine you've heard all the Pulse complaints. Feels weird to be told my 2 free years of Premium are ending and I really should renew. I super want Pulse to be the experience that warrants it but it's just not right now.

It has at very least been a reliable place to get stuff even if it isn't as fast as other retailers.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Premium would be alright at $20, but $50 is ridiculous.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Eh, shipping on most things is like $10, as long as you make more than 5 orders it pays for itself. I’m planning to re-up.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I've flat-out stopped dealing with Pulse aside from exclusives, between them usually being the last to get figures, long ship times (not really their fault since I'm on the opposite side of the country), and the hassle of trying to manage preorders. I like the idea of buying direct, but it just takes so long to get anything through them.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

“Here’s a figure for an aging and uncomfortable metaphor for disability that we’re going to refer to as ‘twisted’ in 2021.”

Good job Hasbro

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Nodosaur posted:

“Here’s a figure for an aging and uncomfortable metaphor for disability that we’re going to refer to as ‘twisted’ in 2021.”

Big oof on my part. Never considered that of the character. Probably should have been more obvious to me now.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Oh wow a transmutate toy, that I did not know was coming.

So many feelings.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

...Why is it an Optimus? How many Optimi are there in the Rescue Bots universe?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

UNTIL ALL ARE ONE (Optimus)

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Xenomrph posted:

UNTIL ALL ARE ONE (Optimus)

Unicronimus Prime?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Picked up rattrap today and his head peg broke right in half when transforming him.

Oh well at least it was only a tenner.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Here I was thinking there's very little remold potential in most of the kingdom line, but those bastards at Hasbro sure showed me wrong.

What are we looking at for other remolds, Obviously Tigatron and Ravage from Cheetor, maybe Rat Arcee from Rattrap, Pipes from Huffer, and BW Grimlock from Dinobot?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Tigatron is an all new Voyager mold, we've seen leaked images.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I think BW Grimlock is part of a two-pack.

I think BW Megs is getting repainted as a Jurassic Park crossover figure.

They can always repaint Primal red.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
I'd like to see Terrorsaur show up, maybe as an extensive remold of Air Razor.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Isn't there a rumor that Airrazor will get retooled into a Selects Silverbolt?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The MSJ posted:

Isn't there a rumor that Airrazor will get retooled into a Selects Silverbolt?

BW 2 Skywarp, actually

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The MSJ posted:

I think BW Grimlock is part of a two-pack.

I think BW Megs is getting repainted as a Jurassic Park crossover figure.

They can always repaint Primal red.

A JP crossover figure? :monocle:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Hope he comes with a mini goat maximal to eat.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I need a T-Wrecks repaint so I can relive Labor Day weekend from the year 2000, this is absolutely vital

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I want a Dennis Nedry figure that turns into a dilophosaurus

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
The JP crossover figure is an interesting idea for that mold. I wonder if they'll remember all the original JP dinosaurs are female, and change the robot accordingly.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Keldroc posted:

The JP crossover figure is an interesting idea for that mold. I wonder if they'll remember all the original JP dinosaurs are female, and change the robot accordingly.

Bomb rear end titties on the BWMegatron mold :bubblewoop:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Keldroc posted:

In theory you could change the robot quite a bit in fact, since the T-Rex bits are mostly shell

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Keldroc posted:

The Japanese one will probably still get a male voice actors in the exclusive OVA.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Hey Beast fans:
https://news.tfw2005.com/2021/02/24/walmart-listings-for-vintage-beast-wars-line-429182

quote:

TRA GEN BW Vintage Optimus Primal
EAN: 5010993869862
Product Number: F1621

TRA GEN BW Vintage Trex Megatron
EAN: 5010993867103
Product Number: F1622

TRA GEN BW Vintage Rattrap
EAN: 5010993867141

TRA GEN BW Vintage Cheetor
EAN: 5010993866953
Product Number: F1620

Megatron and Optimus Primal are listed for $49.97, Cheetor for $22.97, and no price for Rattrap. No images yet but hopefully we will get more information soon.

I don't really follow the Beast stuff, but I think this had been rumored?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I wonder if it’s just the current Kingdom stuff with throwback packaging, like the Walmart exclusive Headmasters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Probably paint apps closer to the original toys.