Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Keldroc posted:

That was this very strange Megatron panel on the left, I believe from issue #13 of the Marvel G1 series.

Megatron was commonly showed with a mouth grail for the longest time. It shows up in a few issues early on. Later it changed to the right panel as artist changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Keldroc posted:

That was this very strange Megatron panel on the left, I believe from issue #13 of the Marvel G1 series.

Nah, it's not pictured there, but I remember something where it's like the robod had a fused-together mono-tooth that looks like one of those things boxers wear.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

An opinion I have:

Dinobots should never ever have guns and in fact guns are antithetical to what Dinobots stand for (being big dumb bruisers)

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
looks nice, but i'd prefer a green one

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Sockser posted:

An opinion I have:

Dinobots should never ever have guns and in fact guns are antithetical to what Dinobots stand for (being big dumb bruisers)

I dunno, I think big dumb bruisers can have guns if that gun is also huge and unwieldy like a minigun.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Not sure what this Wheelie repaint is but his big yellow eyes and box-ey robot mouth are v cute:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I was interested when I heard it was leader sized, and now I'm definitely in. Still crossing my fingers for the rest of the gang.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Triceratops mode looks a little more like a cube with a head, legs, and tail than I'd like, even the G1 figure had more contouring than that. But we don't really get a good side view of the mode in those pictures, that may just be a bad angle.

In robot mode those are some huge shoulders with some tiny legs, but since he's supposed to be somewhat of a brute that's fine.

Gonna need a third-party to give us the proper red Triceratops horns though :colbert:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

TheDK posted:

Not sure what this Wheelie repaint is but his big yellow eyes and box-ey robot mouth are v cute:

Think that's one of the space suits/power armors they gave humans sometimes, but with the head piece turned around.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
That's Daniel in that suit.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

That's Daniel in that suit.

Explains why his legs don't work

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Unrelated, you ever feel real guilty about a joke you made

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Knormal posted:

The Triceratops mode looks a little more like a cube with a head, legs, and tail than I'd like, even the G1 figure had more contouring than that. But we don't really get a good side view of the mode in those pictures, that may just be a bad angle.

In robot mode those are some huge shoulders with some tiny legs, but since he's supposed to be somewhat of a brute that's fine.

Gonna need a third-party to give us the proper red Triceratops horns though :colbert:

Like the swords, the red horns are a toy thing. I assume DNA will handle it. Still hoping for a replacement chest for Grimlock's weird dark grey plastic, or maybe a Generations Selects version with a proper un-shaded chest. Still don't understand that choice.

I do wish the Dinobots came with swords rather than terrible "forced to sit" figures of characters nobody likes, but oh well.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I'm gonna be moving in summer time so I've started a little packing and looking over stuff. Part of me is debating looking into selling off a couple bots so there's less I got moving in, even though I should have more room in the new place. It'd be mostly CW and maybe a couple TR things though, not sure what the going rates are these days for some of it. I've got most of the instructions somewhere and def have the accessories to it all.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

obvious pretool
https://twitter.com/ChromeTyranno/status/1381322836955037699?s=20

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

drat do I love those garish g2 colors

E: this one never came out tho, yeah?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Well...at least the chest isn't smoky clear plastic.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Frankly, MORE of Grimlock should be smoky plastic, like his dino-neck. They should poop or get off the toilet.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Apr 12, 2021

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Keldroc posted:

Like the swords, the red horns are a toy thing. I assume DNA will handle it. Still hoping for a replacement chest for Grimlock's weird dark grey plastic, or maybe a Generations Selects version with a proper un-shaded chest. Still don't understand that choice.

I do wish the Dinobots came with swords rather than terrible "forced to sit" figures of characters nobody likes, but oh well.
Clear chest is out: https://www.nonnef.com/collections/upgrades/products/grimlockset

I also really don't like those big holes on the inside of Slag's horns, which I'm guessing aren't easily fillable since I'm sure those horns are made of soft rubber. I imagine whole-horn replacements in both red and grey will be available.

Frankly, MORE of Grimlock should be smoky plastic, like his dino-neck. They should poop or get off the toilet.
What's really weird is that was planned at one point, and he's got a whole molded greeble neck under that opaque plastic. I wonder if Slag has the same under his head?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I know I've said this before, but I wish G1 Grimlock didn't have so much of his kibble hanging off him all the time. It means the transformation is going to be exactly the same every single time, and to me that's dull. Why would I buy SS86 Grimlock if I already have the incredibly good MP one?

I mean look at them.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Just wait for the new MP Grimlock, where they make his transformation as obtuse as loving possible and those back flaps are actually from his tail

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
they might be holding on to the molds to release a $250 "toy colors/details" set. more clear plastic and swords, less fixed pose nerds.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

New pic, I didn't notice his tail tip is weapon storage, which is going to look pretty bad since his gun's silver. Gonna need a third-party tail-tip too.

Also I hearby dub the little figure "Tantrum Daniel".

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Commander class Sludge when?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Probably never, but that would certainly be my preferred size for him. Voyager Swoop, Leader Snarl, Commander Sludge. Get 'em all out in the space of a month.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
If I ever get that guy it'd be the first robutt I ever sat down and painted. The white frill and horns look poo poo.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/figsoku_r/status/1381624596848238602?s=21

I like this style of MP more than the extremely toony ones, so yay

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Knormal posted:

New pic, I didn't notice his tail tip is weapon storage, which is going to look pretty bad since his gun's silver. Gonna need a third-party tail-tip too.

Also I hearby dub the little figure "Tantrum Daniel".

Ok, as long as we can call Grimlock's lil' guy "Dab On 'Em Wheelie."

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

The_Doctor posted:

I know I've said this before, but I wish G1 Grimlock didn't have so much of his kibble hanging off him all the time. It means the transformation is going to be exactly the same every single time, and to me that's dull. Why would I buy SS86 Grimlock if I already have the incredibly good MP one?

I mean look at them.

That is exactly the same decision I came to.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My MP Grimlock has incredible floppy joints.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Anyone here have G2 Dreadwing with Smokescreen? Is he cool? If so, is he $70 cool? :rodimus:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The_Doctor posted:

I mean look at them.

MP Grimlock is too tall and top-heavy. How’s he supposed to charge in and gently caress you up with those little chicken legs

Meanwhile, movie Grimlock is built like a brick shithouse and he is going to bowl you the gently caress over and keep moving, while having lovely paint apps and a lack of clear plastic

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Xenomrph posted:

Anyone here have G2 Dreadwing with Smokescreen? Is he cool? If so, is he $70 cool? :rodimus:

Someone got me a Sonokong Starscream and BB a few secret santas ago and they own bones. Starscream/Smokescreen's elbows being flexed apart by transformation is the only reason I don't play with them much.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
The only good thing about the Wheelie and Daniel figures being included is there's no more small characters like that that they could include for the other 3.

Right?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Squatting-Action Krannix
Statue Pose Quintesson Prosecutor
Squatting-Action Quintesson Executioner
Squatting-Action Spike

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Squatting-Action Krannix
Statue Pose Quintesson Prosecutor
Squatting-Action Quintesson Executioner
Squatting-Action Spike

Plus repaints in Adidas track pants

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Something wanted to ask some here, does anyone else remember Machine Wars?

It's an extremely small amount of TF's made after the failure of Generation 2.

I remember I had Soundwave who came with a large rocket/missile, Optimus Prime who was really Thunder Crash, and Sandstorm or Whirl who was a blue helicopter.

Even had a red Snarl and Slag with one being green. Didn't have them all the same year but they weren't that far apart either.

It was an odd time especially as I could swear some of it was said to have only shipped in Europe but up here in the North we got a few things as well.

Or maybe it's just a lot of mistaking various redecos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I had Machine Wars Starscream (also a repaint).