Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Squat Grimlock is neat. Metalhawk's altmode is terrible. Prowl's got some of his chin. Junkions are still great.

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1620455856658853888

Anime girl statue Bumblebee is what it is. Kinda makes me think of Kingdom Hearts what with all the belts and the big Mick Mouse shoes.

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1620254499599429632

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I don't want it, but I can appreciate how well she is designed and her clothes evoke a VW

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I mean that’s just a theory so far right?

It's an extremely well-supported theory based on the Dinoforce's altmodes and the positions of the so far revealed core dinos' alt modes in the combiner.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sockser posted:

I don't want it, but I can appreciate how well she is designed and her clothes evoke a VW

At least she's wearing shorts and not a skirt.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Are we going to have like four versions of the Skids mold on shelves at once

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Shrapnel is the second Insecticon they've put out in this set, right? Kickback was long enough ago that I'm worried I missed one.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Arquinsiel posted:

That Core Grimlock is definitely making more compromises than it can really pull off.
The figures in general are making a lot of compromises for a combined mode that isn't really coming together too well either.

SlothfulCobra posted:

Metalhawk's altmode is terrible.
I guess at least it's G1-accurate to a Pretender robot having a lovely alt mode.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Shrapnel is the second Insecticon they've put out in this set, right? Kickback was long enough ago that I'm worried I missed one.
Yep. I haven't seen Kickback on shelves for a long time but he wasn't that high of a demand figure, you should still be able to buy one online for MSRP.

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-generations-legacy-deluxe-kickback
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/181651

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

There was a Kickback redeco.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

DoctorWhat posted:

It's an extremely well-supported theory based on the Dinoforce's altmodes and the positions of the so far revealed core dinos' alt modes in the combiner.

Yeah, Volcanicus has maintained a pretty consistent look of having a T-Rex head on the chest across its various incarnations:

The new version instead uses Slug as the chest component, which is more in line with how Dinoking is arranged.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Give me my boy Kakuryu. Dumb rear end triceratops good boy, who is a bad boy.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I hope they retool into Dinopope. He’s my favourite Dino-combiner

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I had no idea Jonathan Ross was such a prolific toy collector! The Triple Takeover guys mentioned this video in their latest episode, I thought 'surely they can't mean THAT Jonathan Ross'. But no, it is him! Him off the telly!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvhtsYP-_wI

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Sockser posted:

Yeah, the autobots actually look like someone looked at the G1 toy and designed fashion around it. Megatron really doesn't look very Megatron.

I'm happy withe the reveals, but also kind of a pass for me on this wave. I kinda wanted Metal Hawk, but this version ain't it.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Good Listener posted:

Give me my boy Kakuryu. Dumb rear end triceratops good boy, who is a bad boy.

Who then becomes a good boy(the already posted "Dino Pope")

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Dabir posted:

I had no idea Jonathan Ross was such a prolific toy collector! The Triple Takeover guys mentioned this video in their latest episode, I thought 'surely they can't mean THAT Jonathan Ross'. But no, it is him! Him off the telly!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvhtsYP-_wI

Not just that but a hardcore Micronauts collector of all fackin' things. But no, not really a huge surprise as he's been doing series and documentaries on comics, memorabilia, and non-mainstream genre cinema stuff since what, the 90s maybe? It surprised me at the time because till then he'd just been that young fella in the flash suits doing a slick Friday (or was it Saturday?) night chat show and then it's revealed he's a ridiculously massive turbonerd.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I gotta admit I only really knew him from Room 101

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Also since I don't see it mentioned, they said the following toys are confirmed but they had no samples yet:

Beachcomber
Devcon (G1 bounty hunter fella)
Axlegrease (a new Junkion)
Dirge (rerelease so it's not a stupid exclusive)
Nemesis Leo Prime/Lio Convoy
Armada Megatron
Another Optimus Prime/Volvo collab (they did the holiday Prime so this one is probably G1 colors it sounded like)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Jonathan Ross used to own a comic shop in London called Top Ten which ran till some time in the mid-90s I think? I’ve seen him a couple of times at Sandown toy fair too. He’s a massive nerd.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Kind of want to hold off on Leo Prime, and just wait for Nemesis Leo. Just hope he’s not stuck behind some multipack I don’t want like they did with Goldbug, and Nemesis Primal.

Speaking of Goldbug, is that four pack still dirt cheap, or is it hard to find now?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

loving yikes

All 3 modes compromised for the sake of ????????

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Good Listener posted:

Also since I don't see it mentioned, they said the following toys are confirmed but they had no samples yet:

Beachcomber
Devcon (G1 bounty hunter fella)
Axlegrease (a new Junkion)
Dirge (rerelease so it's not a stupid exclusive)
Nemesis Leo Prime/Lio Convoy
Armada Megatron
Another Optimus Prime/Volvo collab (they did the holiday Prime so this one is probably G1 colors it sounded like)

It still amazes me it's taken them this long to do a mainline Devcon figure, particularly when you could just be lazy and stick a new head on a Scourge figure to do him

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

The_Doctor posted:

Jonathan Ross used to own a comic shop in London called Top Ten which ran till some time in the mid-90s I think? I’ve seen him a couple of times at Sandown toy fair too. He’s a massive nerd.

He'd do a better job of interviewing Henry Cavill than Graham Norton did, for sure

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

So apparently the reason Freezer is such a weird figure is that he's actually Scourge's backpack.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah he's a giant nerd. Back when Comicbuzz.com was getting started he did an interview for the site and the owner was talking about him like he was hard to get rid of because he just loves talking nerd poo poo that much.

Also I was unaware of Sandown being a thing so next time you're gonna go throw me a PM.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I usually have a stall at Sandown selling. Next one is Sat Feb 25th.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1620633268185079812?s=46&t=c95p1AFuBlOI6jeiUBu71A

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Lol those have just been on shelves in Forbidden Planet over here

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Hell yeah. These are drat near impossible to find in the US.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/Vangelus/status/1620495457939247104?t=MBAT0zBA_7iAGgKsfgBxnQ&s=19

He got the snip!

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I didn't know Metalhawk was Jewish.

He better not have converted for the jokes.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Isometric vs perspective view

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Kapow Toys in the UK have made a statement about the new waves.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

them working their way up to a Dinoking boxset makes more sense than them deciding to make a set of very small, very silly looking dinobots just after the SS86 figures

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
The SS86 figures haven't even finished releasing yet.

The_Doctor posted:

I usually have a stall at Sandown selling. Next one is Sat Feb 25th.
I'll try make it out.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://news.tfw2005.com/2023/02/01/transformers-rise-of-the-beasts-kids-line-revealed-474780

The Rise of the Beasts kid line got revealed. It's not much that's impressive, but there's some pretty nice beast Targetmasters I'm looking forward to.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Primal skinning croc Megatron and wearing him as a shawl is pretty funny.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

The MSJ posted:

Scourge looks hella good.

The evil-looking truck mode even has all the faction symbols of his victims.

He is so loving metal. I see him and hear Christopher Lee's voice and am VERY sad that will never happen.

Also, super excited for the Devcon release but am worried they'll find a way to gently caress it up, cuz you know, monkey's paw.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Robot Style posted:

Primal skinning croc Megatron and wearing him as a shawl is pretty funny.

That's Skullcruncher I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Great Burrito
Jan 21, 2008

Is that freedom rock? Well turn it up!
Really digging the beast-targetmasters. Reminds me of BW Neo and those very weird attempts with the Basic Class guys like Break and Stampy