Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Emgo can do whatever or say whatever he wants so long as he keeps his Just Transform It videos up

in MAAAH OPIINI-ON

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
i know people aren't super hot on the Japanese G1 cartoons, but kinda curious if there's any kind of opinions on the Japanese G1 comics (if they're even a thing anyone has bothered to care about looking at in the first place) since VIZ are apparently reprinting them in English at the mo

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The shows rule the comics blow.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The comics also rule, but they're very of the time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

The comics also rule, but they're very of the time.

The time sucked!

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Rhyno posted:

The time sucked!

Don’t you ever say an unkind word about the time! Me and silent bob modeled our whole lives after Morris Day and Jerome

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Mm yes, keep going, I’m almost there.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
They're gonna eat that botbot, oh no

Is it cannibalism if a transformer eats a botbot that was originally just normal food before it got turned into a robot made of food

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The Sexual Shiite posted:

Don’t you ever say an unkind word about the time! Me and silent bob modeled our whole lives after Morris Day and Jerome

:golfclap:

The_Doctor posted:

Mm yes, keep going, I’m almost there.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So I see some people have Overload in their hands and have fully assembled Devastator, but am I seriously going to have to wait until October for my preorder to ship? :argh: I just want to build this drat thing already, especially since he looks so drat good.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Speaking of devastator, it's genuinely kinda surprising they never put out an official G2 version of the combiner wars set.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

:captainpop: Spike got moves

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

drat, Spike got that badonk.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

:perfect:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I have to admit I found those pictures on the TFW forums.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Whole lotta XTB/KFC stuff available again. I was about to pull the trigger on their Horrorcons but it hit me that I don't really have much connection to them. Anybody own those guys?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Rhyno posted:

Whole lotta XTB/KFC stuff available again. I was about to pull the trigger on their Horrorcons but it hit me that I don't really have much connection to them. Anybody own those guys?

I have them. They're big, clunky, the wrong colors, and (like most KFC) annoyingly fragile, but they do the job well enough. Snapdragon is a solid representation of the character, although he'd be a lot better if he was the right color. Apeface is hilariously topheavy thanks to his unbelievably large backpack (I'd say half his weight is backpack in robot mode) and hard to stand up with any stability but that's the design of the character, backpack and all, so there's not much you can do. They're huge in jet mode. Like "not super out of place next to FT Phoenix" huge, which is cool. Apeface has a tendency to have broken fingers right out of the box so keep an eye out for that, and mine had its Headmaster's thigh balljoint just snap off with almost no force whatsoever, although KFC did send a replacement that isn't fragile like that. Apeface's guns have handle tabs that don't fit his hands properly but Snapdragon comes with replacement handles that do, as well as a more toon-accurate face.

I like them. They have that "I can't believe there's a version of this character with this level of size and detail" thing going on that I also feel with the MP-scale combiner limbs. I'd replace them pretty quickly if better versions ever came out, which wouldn't be hard to do, but who the hell is going to make these guys any time soon? You own way worse stuff, I can tell you that for a fact.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/tf_pr/status/1260404363010273280?s=21

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Has anyone else bought the new deluxe Cyberverse Grimlock yet? Mine has one (robot mode) leg that will absolutely not stay on. It's a ball joint, and I think the ball's actually a little too big, since it feels more like the socket pops off rather than just falling off. I'm curious if it's a common issue before I try sanding it down.

Other than that it's a pretty good Grimlock. My biggest issue with it is the way the transformation works leaves it with dino-mode knees that can only bend inwards, but the robot mode is fully articulated so that alone makes it better than the other RiD/Cyberverse Grimlocks. He can open his mouth, which is of course the most important thing for a Grimlock.

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!

Knormal posted:

Has anyone else bought the new deluxe Cyberverse Grimlock yet? Mine has one (robot mode) leg that will absolutely not stay on. It's a ball joint, and I think the ball's actually a little too big, since it feels more like the socket pops off rather than just falling off. I'm curious if it's a common issue before I try sanding it down.

Other than that it's a pretty good Grimlock. My biggest issue with it is the way the transformation works leaves it with dino-mode knees that can only bend inwards, but the robot mode is fully articulated so that alone makes it better than the other RiD/Cyberverse Grimlocks. He can open his mouth, which is of course the most important thing for a Grimlock.

That's a common issue with the figure. Mine does it on the right leg all the time. Fixable but annoying.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Mine does it on both legs. They’ll both fall off the moment I try and turn the stiff thigh joint.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

I have them. They're big, clunky, the wrong colors, and (like most KFC) annoyingly fragile, but they do the job well enough. Snapdragon is a solid representation of the character, although he'd be a lot better if he was the right color. Apeface is hilariously topheavy thanks to his unbelievably large backpack (I'd say half his weight is backpack in robot mode) and hard to stand up with any stability but that's the design of the character, backpack and all, so there's not much you can do. They're huge in jet mode. Like "not super out of place next to FT Phoenix" huge, which is cool. Apeface has a tendency to have broken fingers right out of the box so keep an eye out for that, and mine had its Headmaster's thigh balljoint just snap off with almost no force whatsoever, although KFC did send a replacement that isn't fragile like that. Apeface's guns have handle tabs that don't fit his hands properly but Snapdragon comes with replacement handles that do, as well as a more toon-accurate face.

I like them. They have that "I can't believe there's a version of this character with this level of size and detail" thing going on that I also feel with the MP-scale combiner limbs. I'd replace them pretty quickly if better versions ever came out, which wouldn't be hard to do, but who the hell is going to make these guys any time soon? You own way worse stuff, I can tell you that for a fact.

Man I love how they look. And you're right, even FT isn't going to get to these guys any time soon. I was also thinking about their Wreck-Gar but with how many movie bots FT has already done I expect him to be announced as soon as I purchase KFC's.

I have about $200 left from my bonus and the wife is encouraging me to get something for myself, I just can't decide what I want.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Rikimaru posted:

That's a common issue with the figure. Mine does it on the right leg all the time. Fixable but annoying.
Good to know. Did you fix it by sanding down the ball?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Knormal posted:

What doesn't a good ball sanding fix?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Knormal posted:

That would just make it smaller, no?

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!

Knormal posted:

I messed with the mushroom peg on the leg and it helped.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I guess FT Iceman is on its way? I thought I had it in TCP’s preorder stash thing but apparently not.

I’m excited but also wish I’d been able to add a thing or two to the order down the line, but oh well.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Four out of 6 seacons in hand. Unfortunately don't have an order in anywhere for the last two. Holding out for them popping back up on pulse.

These really do feel like a more premium version of the combiner wars molds we'd gotten so many of. Thankfully they do enough new that they feel fresh.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Rhyno posted:

Man I love how they look. And you're right, even FT isn't going to get to these guys any time soon. I was also thinking about their Wreck-Gar but with how many movie bots FT has already done I expect him to be announced as soon as I purchase KFC's.

I have about $200 left from my bonus and the wife is encouraging me to get something for myself, I just can't decide what I want.

If you can only do one, Snapdragon is by far the better of the two.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

That would just make it smaller, no?
Yeah but it this case it seems that the ball is too big, the thigh seems to just pop right off like it can't get a good grip on it. It feels the opposite of the normal ball problem that we all run into from time to time.

:smug:

Sidenote, does anyone want the Maccadam hand it comes with? I'm not doing the build-a-figure, I'll send the hand to someone who is for the cost of shipping.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Seawing and Nautilator arrived the other day. Four-sixths of the way to Piranacon, baby.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Some Diaclones arrived!

https://imgur.com/a/LCvYeAY

So for these next 2 there's gonna be a point where the album tells you to stop, at that time watch the youtube video below the album and then return to it.

https://imgur.com/a/6LBDZLS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktoCcJCFl0o
https://imgur.com/a/BNUGmPu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weLdkoSOupI

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Just got a notice from TFSource that Tentakil and Overbite are in stock.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Was at Target today, and bought a Lionizer battle master for my Optimus Prime to stave off my urge to buy Transformers.

Then on my way home, I find out I finally got my unemployment money.

Then I get home and find out my Siege Nemesis Prime is finally in stock and should be here within a week.

Such an awesome day after so much blahhh.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
16 days until giant diaclone bugman

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Vaporware posted:

16 days until giant diaclone bugman

I'm so excited.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Oh poo poo.

!!

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Oh poo poo.

!!

Taint Reaped Again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm not quite enough of a BW2 fan to buy that but it is cool as hell.