Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

Man am I glad I waited for Netflix Cheetor, his colors are so good.

I was getting new tires yesterday and found him.

Only him. I dunno about all this "you can find the Netflix stuff on shelves" thing applying to large cities.

His colors are really good though, you're right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I've been hunting Netflix cheetor for weeks, no dice.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I saw one yesterday in the wrong section of the toy aisle, so I put him with the other five Transformers they had left. Hopefully someone found him well.

Still searching for Skullcruncher and Weirdwolf.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TheDK posted:

I've been hunting Netflix cheetor for weeks, no dice.

poo poo, I saw 3 more yesterday. If I get back up there I can grab one for you.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Seems the new upcoming Kingdom stuff is popping up at various websites.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Last Call posted:

Seems the new upcoming Kingdom stuff is popping up at various websites.

As I'm buying a ton of stuff from BBTS these days, I decided to move my preorders over there, they had all the main stuff up, locked in the 6 things I wanted.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Rhyno posted:

As I'm buying a ton of stuff from BBTS these days, I decided to move my preorders over there, they had all the main stuff up, locked in the 6 things I wanted.

I've used BBTS on occasion to get stuff I wouldn't know how to get up here in Canada but it's a rare thing.

I mostly use stuff like amazon.ca or ebgames which has had some TF's and other assorted action figures. It's how I got cyclonus, the Quintesson etc.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've been almost exclusively shopping with TCP but over the last 6 months BBTS has really won me over.i have a few things in my pile of loot at TCP and one remaining preorder but I'll probably stick with bbts for a while.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
mannnn, the auto-transforming optimus prime robot is so incredibly cool in so many ways, and then it still has that dopey shuffle those sorts of robots have had for over a decade. bummer.

I know balance for a two-legged walker is a massive, colossal hurdle with robotics, so I get it, but it just was so ridiculous seeing him doing rad sentai poses and then start walking forward a tenth of an inch at a time

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Last Call posted:

I've used BBTS on occasion to get stuff I wouldn't know how to get up here in Canada but it's a rare thing.

I mostly use stuff like amazon.ca or ebgames which has had some TF's and other assorted action figures. It's how I got cyclonus, the Quintesson etc.

Agesthreeandup.ca and tftoys.ca both do pricing in cad

Downside is neither has a pile of loot system like the big US sites, and tftoys charges you at time of preorder to boot - I mainly use him for older stuff that's still kicking around, plus I can drive to his house instead of paying shipping

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Phy posted:

Agesthreeandup.ca and tftoys.ca both do pricing in cad

Downside is neither has a pile of loot system like the big US sites, and tftoys charges you at time of preorder to boot - I mainly use him for older stuff that's still kicking around, plus I can drive to his house instead of paying shipping

Thanks! I didn't know of these, when it comes to Canadian options always had very limited ones so this helps.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

The Last Call posted:

Thanks! I didn't know of these, when it comes to Canadian options always had very limited ones so this helps.

A3U is pretty comprehensive when it comes to hasbro TFs, though I will say they often take longer to fulfill their orders. I'm still waiting on them to charge me for Cyclonus, who's been out in the wild for a while now.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

A3U is pretty comprehensive when it comes to hasbro TFs, though I will say they often take longer to fulfill their orders. I'm still waiting on them to charge me for Cyclonus, who's been out in the wild for a while now.

Good to know. Don't sleep on ebgames, their stuff sells out fairly quick but if you get an order in with them they will deliver. I never had a problem yet. It's how I got some stuff like Cyclonus and even the hard to get GIJoe cobra trooper.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I found Cyclonus at Target today, and he fuckin rules. I really hope I can get my hands on Scourge and Galvatron.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Where/when are those smol Soundwave preorders going up, anyway?

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Where/when are those smol Soundwave preorders going up, anyway?

I think he is going to be retail only!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

The Last Call posted:

Good to know. Don't sleep on ebgames, their stuff sells out fairly quick but if you get an order in with them they will deliver. I never had a problem yet. It's how I got some stuff like Cyclonus and even the hard to get GIJoe cobra trooper.

Tight. I have two troopers and Zartan on preorder from BBTS, but I'll keep EB in mind for future.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Open Marriage Night posted:

I saw one yesterday in the wrong section of the toy aisle, so I put him with the other five Transformers they had left. Hopefully someone found him well.

Still searching for Skullcruncher and Weirdwolf.

There were a bunch of them at Walmart in Rochester Hills, Michigan. If you want to pay shipping I can look to see if they're still there tomorrow.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Yeah, but BBTS has been really slow for a while as well, so imo A3U is a sidegrade in that respect

(I'm waiting on TFTM bots from them that were supposed to have showed up in Feb!)

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Medullah posted:

There were a bunch of them at Walmart in Rochester Hills, Michigan. If you want to pay shipping I can look to see if they're still there tomorrow.

I’m about a half hour from there. If I don’t go tonight, I’ll go tomorrow. Thank you!

EDIT: No sign of any headmasters.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Apr 11, 2021

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
That ark turned out so good. I hope to see it at retail one day

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I found Cyclonus at Target today, and he fuckin rules. I really hope I can get my hands on Scourge and Galvatron.

My local Targets are choked with Scourge and Hot Rod, I doubt you'll have any trouble finding him.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Vaporware posted:

That ark turned out so good. I hope to see it at retail one day
Assuming you're in the US, I don't think any retail stores carry Titans anymore since Toys R' Us died.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Knormal posted:

Assuming you're in the US, I don't think any retail stores carry Titans anymore since Toys R' Us died.

Skorponok was on shelves at Target.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ordering stuff from BBTS here in Norway has always been a good experience. They always put a price on the package that is slightly below what gets you dinged by customs and even fake the receipt in the package.
I have wondered if they still do that with larger packages tho. Very much doubt something massive like a Metroplex would get by without them wondering if the thing actually cost only 30 bucks. :v:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Images of 86 Slag leaked.
The good: he big, he red, he gonna stomp you dead
The bad: comes with a gun and a fixed-pose Daniel in exosuit instead of, like, a sword. Just use that plastic for a sword!!!!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

The bad: comes with a gun and a fixed-pose Daniel in exosuit instead of, like, a sword. Just use that plastic for a sword!!!!

Daniel isn't fixed-pose, he's as posable as Wheelie... which is just as bad if not worse. They'd both be better as statues like the Quintesson Prosecutor if they can't stand straight up on their own.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Slag never used a sword in the cartoon. That's the price of these being so show accurate.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Nodosaur posted:

Slag never used a sword in the cartoon. That's the price of these being so show accurate.

Daniel had elbows and knees in the cartoon too.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Daniel had elbows and knees in the cartoon too.

:iceburn:

So did Wheelie.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Dinosaurs were always a love of mine as a kid, and a leader-sized stegosaurus will be pretty neat. Sludge was my favorite dinobot though, hope to see the 86 treatment for them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Looking like it's time to sell my PotP Dinobots.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Ha I've seen so many secondhand Volcanicusi on sale on Facebook groups in the last few weeks, absolutely tons of em. Might even have been tempted if I didn't already get Swoop new for six bux a few weeks back

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah I ain't expecting much but I do have the TDW kit on there so that should help a little bit.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Didn’t they recently reissue Volcanicus in more show accurate colors?

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

I started reading the IDW comics recommended in the OP (wreckers, MTMTE, RID) and liked them enough to go back to the beginning and have been making my way through the series. I don't think it was that much of a clusterfuck (of course, I have a guide to... well guide me as to the order, so maybe that's why) and I've been enjoying them a lot (poor, poor Hunter, tho).

Now I'm on the Mike Costa written series and, page 1 I have a question:

Who thought it was a good idea to give teeth to the robots?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Most incarnations of Transformers have teeth, just usually they're not detailed and nobody ever thinks about it. I think there was some comic once that tried depicting teeth as a single block like some kind of techno-mouthguard.

I get the logic of trying to draw the faces like they're made of metal plates being moved by some kind of internal mechanism, especially because the Bay movies were really popular at the time and were doing the same thing. But for both the movies and the comic, my brain couldn't really interpret the jumbles of features as faces because there's too many weird bits, and it's not really that realistic of a concept.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
There was a good bit where the main book tried to bridge the gap between the previous style and the Bayverse.

Everyone hated it, but it was apparently a Hasbro mandate.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Vincent posted:

I started reading the IDW comics recommended in the OP (wreckers, MTMTE, RID) and liked them enough to go back to the beginning and have been making my way through the series. I don't think it was that much of a clusterfuck (of course, I have a guide to... well guide me as to the order, so maybe that's why) and I've been enjoying them a lot (poor, poor Hunter, tho).

Now I'm on the Mike Costa written series and, page 1 I have a question:

Who thought it was a good idea to give teeth to the robots?

Mike Costas run is not very beloved. Almost as disliked as that in between art style of the bayverse and traditional designs, it only last a few issues.

And hey if they can have beards and moustaches they can have teeth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

SlothfulCobra posted:

Most incarnations of Transformers have teeth, just usually they're not detailed and nobody ever thinks about it. I think there was some comic once that tried depicting teeth as a single block like some kind of techno-mouthguard.

That was this very strange Megatron panel on the left, I believe from issue #13 of the Marvel G1 series.