Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.

Geared Hub posted:

That's one thing I liked about animated, the Autobots won the great war, and a lot of them were total jerks, it added a lot of depth to the characters at least compared to the other series. I agree that prime feels flat.

That really was the coolest. The Autobots were straight up shady assholes. Making giant lobotimized robots to go on kill rampages, dangerous experiments on critically wounded factory workers. What the hell didn't Ultra Magnus sign off on? I also liked having Magnus as the leader instead of Prime since it gave Prime a chance to be a character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Transmetal Tarantulus. Please announce Transmetal Tarantulus!

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

My children will never receive a Bumblebee from me. Ever.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

SRM posted:

Man, Voyager Beast Hunters Shockwave is a terrible Transformer, but it's a hell of a toy.

He looks fantastic as a robot but has an absolutely imcomprehensible transformation and alt mode. Also, I can't get his tread to hold in his gun to make the connection line regrettably. Still one of the best looking ROBOTS even if it's a garbage Transformer if that makes sense. He's so beefy and purple and monoeyed~~~ :swoon:

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Blackheart posted:

To be honest, I've never gotten a Shockwave figure for the altmode. Even the G1 laser gun was kind of lame (*HERESY*). BH Shocky is one of the best Shockwaves out there.

I actually love the Space Cadillac FoC one. I think it's a cool looking Cybertronian alt mode plus the robot mode is so drat Shockwavey. I will agree that Shockwave is overall a super cool looking robot first and a transformer second as far as his figures go. I also always thought turning into a gun was kind of retarded.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

I mean, at least it's better than Lightpostwave. They didn't even need to be in disguise on Cybertron. Soundwave was just so unfortunate.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

I wish we got our grumpy Decepticon spaceship with a harpoon. I'll never forgive the fandom for this.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

So I got Soundwave and he is truly glorious. I have one question though; there is this grey piece that comes with him and I have no idea what it connects to or even does. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I'll get a picture later. Also how does the energon cube work?

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Metroplex came in today. I'm claiming this thing as a dependent on my taxes next year.

Honest Ray fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Aug 10, 2013

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

I can't quite figure out where the hell to put a lot of the stickers in city mode for Metroplex. That and his legs really don't want to stay pegged in are my main complaints. Other than that he's so glorious.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Not being a Cash Money Thrillionaire like you guys are, I settled for the Kre-On combiner Bruticus and Devastator and they are pretty fun. Lil' Adorable death bringers :3:

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

I bought the Blowcaine Thrillionaire aka YOTH Prime and I think he's rad as hell. Love the gold chrome on it for some reason. The super dark helmet also makes his baby blues stand out even more. I wasn't thrilled about the trailer but its grown on me considerably. Ugh, this thread tricked me into getting into MPs and now O have Prime, Soundwave, and Starscream with Wheeljack and Bee preordered. Thanks for nothing, jerks.

I really wish they had more MP Decepticons because I've always liked them better than the Autobots but such is life. Not hopping on Quakewave is one of my bigger regrets in my toy buying life.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

This might be a stupid question, but I'm on a kick of getting some MPs and was thinking about getting MP Prowl because PRowl rules. Did he ever get a domestic release? Also whats a good price on him? Finally, I heard MP Grimlock might be getting a re-release? Any reality to that?

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

I called all of my lcal TRUs and none of them had one yet. Either that or they had no idea what I was asking for. I'll try again tomorrow since they all seem to be getting shipments in.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

MP Grimlock isn't even in the stupid computer system. I'm in Ohio and I've called 6 stores with about zero luck. I really hope I don't miss out in this stupid toy...

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Just ordered my Grimlock. So hyped about this dude. I can stop harassing my local TRU employees until MP Prowl drops.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Is Legends Tailgate out yet? I need him to be totes adorbs next to Cyclonus.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

I just saw there are 4 MP Grimlocks at my local TRU. I bought an extra one along with the one for myself in the mail. If any goons want one at cost plus shipping so about $86 plus whatever the shipping cost is, let me know. My email is ryuk8488@yahoo.com. More than happy to help some guys get a toy they want.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

We have a problem here...

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

Yeah, Froakie's obviously the superior Gen VI Starter. :colbert:

Don't worry, I'm aware.

I'm actually typing this out wearing my Team Froakie shirt because I'm an idiot.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

What of the non-ongoings is worth reading? I'd like to read more of this IDW nonsense but I seem to be getting mixed reviews on most everything. Should I grab the giant anthologies or is it just not worth the time?

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

ForeverSmug posted:

Is this going to be another "Soundwave's Eyes" incident?

Edit: Broke down and bout Evasion Prime. I hate his toe feet but his leg assembly is the best implementation of "legs-for-a-truck-bed" I've ever seen, and it's like the first time using the soles of the feet as the truck bed has ever looked convincing. His head is terrible though.

That's why I'm just waiting on that two pack.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Since we're on the topic of Prime, I hope that Knockout makes a return in fiction. I honestly loved him. He was such a good character with tons of personality. On that note, Id love Lugnut to make another appearance. It's nice to see such good new characters mixed in with the revolving door of the same old stuff.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

I almost didn't pick him up because I don't like the transparent trailer it has but I did and I honestly love it. The dark color scheme looks really great and it's honestly just a fantastic mold in general. Glad I have it to stand around with Soundwave and Grimlock. Is anyone still looking for Grimlock? I just saw some at one of the TRU on my way home from work the other day. I'm in Ohio and can send it @ cost + shipping if anyone needs it. My email is ryuk8488@yahoo.com if anyone wants me to go look for them.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Anyone having any luck finding Tailgate and Skrapnel? I haven't seen hide nor hair of them especially with the glut of AoE stuff in the mix currently. Also, any word on Windblade/Rattrap?

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

So is MP Prowl out in the states now? I really want to grab him. I also haven't seen any new generations stuff in a long while out here in Ohio. This state kinda sucks for this kind of thing.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

I've been combing through TRU for SkyByte and Roadbuster to no avail. Any other Ohio guys find either? We ddi get a shipment of Prowls in that I already bought from their website.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Anora posted:

do you have Target? I see a lot of Roadbusters there.

We do. I'll have to swing out and check tomorrow.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

You gotta put some stickers on him! I went with Wrekcers over Autobot because Roadbuster gets so #Wrekt. I also grabbed Sky Byte who is a nightmare of poo poo paint apps so I'm getting a new one mailed to me from Hasbro. I really like him as a toy however. Windblade is also really cool although Jihaxious is the most insane color I've ever seen.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

I really messed up and missed Bumblebee and Wheeljack since I thought I had pre-ordered them but apparently I never followed through. If anyone hears about them being back in stock anywhere, feel free to let me know...

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

BBTS has MP Wheeljack in-stock and is still taking preorders for MP Bumblebee.

They have such a complete crap price though... I guess I'm running low on options though.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

So I've been out of the loop for a few months. Did the combiner stuff drop yet? I really want to grab a lot of that stuff. I haven't really been looking out recently. Are Arcee and Brainstorm out yet?

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Knormal posted:

I'd recommend picking up Arcee (with Chromia since that's the only way they're still selling her) from BBTS while they still have her if you want to guarantee yourself an Arcee. Between being in the final wave of the line and being scalped to all hell she's going to be rare.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS23637&mode=retail

Brainstorm's still on HTS.

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/SearchResults.htm?SWD=brainstorm&CDT=1421301407

Thanks a ton. Also grabbed the MP Bumblebee and Wheeljack while I was there. Are there any free shipping things going on with HTS currently?

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

I feel so colossally ignorant as to who I need to buy for the combiners that aren't Devastator or Bruticus. Can someone give me a rundown? The packaging showing one of Menasor's dudes attached to Superion scares and confuses me.

Honest Ray fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jan 22, 2015

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

So I broke part of my Arcee's hand and was wondering if I should just use plastic cement on it to fix it or something else?

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah, RiD looks really ugly and I've seen the toys in stores and they don't look great. Is the show even out yet? I never hear anyone talking about it. Is it so meh that the fandom forgot it exists?

The first three episodes aired in Australia from what I understand. I watched it and it's was enjoyable enough. The Decepticons all have these odd bestial robot modes but turn into cars and stuff which is so strange to me.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

HTS has all the Menasor and Superion stuff up again if anyone is looking to get them. FAMILY2015 still works as well to a discount.

I grabbed Motormaster today after work and I really like him a lot. I'm not sure I'm getting Menasor's legs right since they seem pretty wide and wonky, but whatever. Looking forward to deeply segregating my Autobots and Decepticons again. Menasor is just confused with his jet friends.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Oh awesome, gonna order me some

"Availability: This product will begin shipping on or about 04/27."

...:saddowns:

I just got my shipping email and I ordered when I posted that.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

Neither of those are on the TFwiki GPS list

However I'm surprised that Beast Wars 10th Dinobot is, I wanted to get him to complete my collection of Dinobot repaints/retools but he's apparently more fragile than BW Grimlock since he's made entirely out of Gold Plastic.

But he has two types of fragile gold plastic that don't mix well together, so he's even worse than Randy.

He does? Uh oh... I never realized it. Time to never touch him again...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

So I just got my Starsaber in today and he totally rules. Absoutely love the guy. I just need some heretics for him to put to the sword in glorious Primus' name.

http://imgur.com/a/YaEcz