Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
As far as the new thread goes, I only wonder if the OP will actually stick around and join in with discussion/update it where necessary. People who barge in outta nowhere, demand to make an OP then vanish never to be seen again are almost the absolute worst, right after people who wear polo necks, or those weirdos who prefer dogs to cats. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Gamma, Tezza, I am jealous of both of you. I just don't have the patience for such things, a horrendously hamfisted and uneven silver paint job over my old and worn G1 Meg was about as far as I managed in customising terms. It was certainly...something.

What we gonna get out of MP Bumblebee then, poppets? Goldbug, white Bumblebee, red Bumblebee/wrong Cliffjumper, wrong Hubcap, ghost Bumblebee, stealth Bumblebee, Mexican Taxi Bumblebee..?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Having 'fond' memories of his useless, mopey and lovelorn, Springsteen gig-going Marvel incarnation, seeing Skids go to town like a giant robot version of the goddamn Midnighter is kind of cool.

I wish we could get a Lost Light line. I'd buy them all.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Swerve and Skids are great representations of their MTMTE designs.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Yeah, RiD is probably okay really but compared to MTMTE it's just nowhere near as fun or well characterised so it comes off looking lamer than it most likely is.

Re. Gamma's earlier post, while I agree in the main, it's also worth looking on the positive side, which is that things are probably better than they've ever been. We've got awesome comics, awesome figures, life is good, guys.

:unsmith:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Sideswipe arrived today! He's pure Italian supercar love in 6" of red plastic. Soooooo good.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Mine's fine on the colouring (or maybe my eyes are just too old and worn out to notice) but yes, the tyres thing was a shame. And it's a pity the doors don't open but other than those two nitpicks, I really dig it, he's ace.

People paying $250 (or even $160) for it though? Mental.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I had no idea Huffer was so popular as to have a bunch of 3rd party dudes competing to do versions of him. Still, this Cubex one certainly blows Rager out of the water:

Obviously, it's unfinished hence the lack of something to preserve the poor chap's modesty. Apparently can hook up to MP10's trailer no problem too.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

GD_American posted:

Very interesting reveal in MTMTE #19.

Minimus Ambus was not the first Ultra Magnus.

Yeah, cool preview and one which leads me to suspect...

..if Ambus doesn't get his job back then perhaps the next duly appointed enforcer of the Tyrest Accord will have 'bomb disposal' written on their arm.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
"Logic dictates that sometimes Trypticon is going to want a bitchin' gun to shoot bustas with, so it might as well be me."

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Tailgate looks great! First thing I'd do with him would be to bin that stupid bloody targetmaster thing, mind.

In other news, Quakewave arrived today! And is awesome. And solid as hell. And has the most ridiculously tight joints I think I've ever encountered.

I also seem to have two sets of replacement arm parts instead of the originally listed opaque hand & gun barrel. Hrmm.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The scary part is that bloody Armada Prime is apparently second in the poll at present..!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I did originally think Tailgate was going to end up in the armour but thinking about it, it becomes awkward because to us Ambus *is* Magnus to all intents and purposes. All his experiences and characterisation would be lost and, despite his mentalness, I really like him and want him to stick around.

How about Ambus keeps the armour and Tailgate nabs the supercool red/navy/black version of it, everyone wins!

As for Star Sabre, going by the preview it's the same deal as Magnus, so maybe there's someone of note inside?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Welp :smith:

Oh man, I'm gonna miss the 'big' guy so much, that was just a brutal thing to end on. Loved the reveal regarding Tyrest's holes and his demented theory regarding the cold constructed TFs. And I guess Star Sabre is just a normal - bugfuck crazy - fellow then? Hmmmm.

Oh and Cyclonus and Whirl's bromance and walking towards the 'camera' with Dai Atlas and gently caress off big swords was ace. Still betting they try and kill each other though.

Great stuff but FFS, it's going to be a long month.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I'd hope they wouldn't end it so soon, given how popular and well regarded the series is. Plus Roberts did say there was something like 200+ on the Lost Light, and given what Cyclonus and Whirl found, it's possible even more may be coming along for the ride. More likely the cast of characters will change somewhat as more are lost/leave and others step up to the plate.

drat it, they can't stop till they find the Knights of Cybertron, and that should take *years*. :colbert:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Fun story on James Roberts' Twitter about getting the Spanish Inquisition at Canadian customs, who quizzed him about Energon Cubes and asked him to explain the Matrix in detail. If I didn't know better, I'd say it was one of you lot loving with him. Either way, your entry into the country depending on your knowledge of the goddamn Autobot Matrix of Leadership is gloriously ridiculous.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Blackheart posted:

Everybody except Keldroc take a look at this:

Who wants more Bruticus

Where did those guys even pop out from?

Oh. My. Talk about making a statement in style. Not reinventing the wheel, just sticking out an awesomely imposing dead on bad mofo of a Bruticus.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Preview for MTMTE 20's out:

Ambus looks, ah, pretty much dead as the proverbial- just his body and a load of goop pouring out where his head used to be. Ratchet is lamenting over trying to repair Ambulon, looks like Pharma's buggered off but left First Aid alone, thankfully.

The bulk of the preview is Cyclonus, Dai Atlas and Whirl being awesome wrecking dudes left, right and centre, with Whirl wondering why Cyclonus' sword is all lit up and nuclear super saiyan and stuff. Naturally, Whirl ends the scene with an :iceburn:

Basically, it needs to come out yesterday.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

GD_American posted:

MTMTE 20 preview out. poo poo's getting weird.

'The Wreckers done right'? Sounds like another one of Prowl's little projects.

Also, the Tyrest cover is kind of terrifying.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Phy posted:

It's very moreish, isn't it?

Honestly I'm kind of anticipating this being reset sooner or later, given some of the characters affected. Or one in particular.

Yeah, there no way they're offing Prowl and Starscream so that should mean it gets shut down and everyone else is safe too. Unless it's proximity based perhaps, in which case boo hiss at losing Brainstorm and Blaster. Still, if nothing else, it was strangely heartwarming to see Soundwave desperately pleading for help while cradling Ravage's body in his arms. It's probably the only time I can recall him showing anything approaching niceness/decency in 30 years of stories.

So casualties so far:

* Ambulon
* Ultra Magnus
* Dai Atlas

Could be worse really, was expecting a much higher body count by this point!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

SpikeMcclane posted:

Oh my. MTMTE20 has the single saddest panel. :smith:

The Something Cybertron Forums > General Scrap > E/N Scrap > My *cat* died and I miss them so much :(

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
MP Soundwave arrived today, hurrah! As great as he is, I think I'm actually more impressed by the tapes as it goes, Lazerbeak in particular just boggles my mind the way they've gotten such a perfect representation out of a tiny sodding rectangle. Speaking of whom, I very nervously and gently coaxed the thruster fins up into place after an earlier poster's unfortunate tale of woe where they snapped theirs off the very first time. drat those things are scarily stiff.

Looking at the gang chilling out on a shelf, it suddenly occurred to me we've already gotten the entire original set of Decepticons in MP form. Starscream, Skywarp, Thundercracker, Megatron*, Soundwave and co...yet still so many Autobots to get through. Surprising really, was always under the impression the 'cons weren't as popular.

* Yeah, it needs a newer version but still, we did get one

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
In news that will surprise no one, MP Soundblaster has been announced. If you want Ratbat, you know what you have to do...

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

The_Doctor posted:

The TRU in Baton Rouge had a bunch of them shelf-warming the entire time I was there. For a super-amazing platinum grade collectible, the unpainted white plastic guns are very poor.

In other news, I opened MP Soundwave. He is everything I could want! I've only nearly lost his pointing finger twice!

I keep looking at Lazerbeak the way a 19th century fellow might when presented with a Ferrari Testarossa. It's bloody witchcraft is what it is.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Have they shown any decent painted pics of him in all modes yet?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I give absolutely 0 fucks about anything to do with G2 but the sheer 90s-ness of DAT FUCKIN' SIDESWIPE is so awful it swings all the way around to brilliant and it's taking all my restraint not to order the bloody thing.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
They're not releasing preview pages of MTMTE #21 as apparently there are BIG THINGS happening right off the bat. A couple of quotes from the issue have been revealed, however:

"I'm sorry."
"Thank you for trying."

"Welcome aboard."

Tailgate's not gonna make it after all, is he? :cry:

As for the second one, Getaway or Star Saber?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Oh man, a preview is out finally but it skips from page 2 to page 4...

Tailgate :ohdear:

In unsurprising news, Cyclonus continues to be awesome and metal as gently caress.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Well it's official: James Roberts is a right bloody softie.

Remain In Light finalé

I really enjoyed the issue, gasped (mainly at the fake outs), went 'awwwwww' at several points and especially loved Magnus' calling out Rodimus on his poo poo, and First Aid's snapping and murdering Pharma.

That said, given all the talk of how things would change, not a hell of a lot really has, all of our favs live to fight another day. Still, I'm not really mad about it. Magnus, Tailgate, Whirl, Cyclonus, Rung...they're all awesome and I'd much rather keep reading about them for a while longer yet.

Of course, the great thing about reading the digital version is you don't see the next panel until you swipe to it, so for a moment there Cyclonus' reaction to Whirl's offer was both hilarious, horrifying and completely expected. If anything, I'm truly surprised he didn't go through with it.

So yeah, minus the odd quibble here and there, loved the issue and am looking forward to next month's clip show issue, which already looks from the preview to take the piss delightfully:

NOT A DECEPTICON

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Apparently, it was Tumbler. Perhaps he turned into a Batmobile.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Blackheart posted:

I won't be getting it right away so could someone just spoil me on what happens in this issue of MTMTE? I mean if the thread allows it, even in spoiler tags.

* Minimus Ambus is a tiny bot in a small bot in a big bot, so he survived the head crushing and blows the poo poo out of Tyrest. He then tells Rodimus about all the poo poo he's done and that he was hoping Tyrest would straighten him out, not realising that Tyrest was now completely mad. Rodimus then confesses that he was the one who brought Overlord on board, basically because Prowl called him chicken

* Cyclonus overcomes Star Sabre but the 'degenerate' teleports out just before the killing blow. Whirl then comes over to Cyclonus, says "let's forget about our bad start, we're cool now, yeah?" and Cyclonus pushes him into the smelting pool to his death.

* Psyche! He was thinking about it but decides through gritted teeth not to and flies off instead

* Perceptor and Ratchet deduce that Rodimus is able to stop the killswitch by burning out what's left of the Matrix to [tech stuff], saving all the cold constructs in the nick of time.

* Pharma tries to escape through the portal but there's an Aequitas-style guilt force field in place that prevents anyone but Skids from doing so. Skids goes through, ends up somewhere weird with Cybertron style planets everywhere, speaks to a ball of light then comes back.

* First Aid executes the helpless and unarmed Pharma, then breaks down.

* Tailgate stops the Legislators from wiping out the LL crew, saving the day just as they show up to help the dying Tyrest.

* Tailgate then spends his last few hours back on the ship with Cyclonus, who sings and talks about old times. Tailgate asks him to spare him the agonising pain of his final moments with a quick death, and tells him to wear something he fixed up for him. Ratchet then says he was able to find a cure for Tailgate's condition but too late for Tailgate himself. Cyclonus rushes back to Tailgate and stabs him through the spark with his sword...

* Ultra Magnus goes to see Cyclonus, who has finally replaced his missing horn, talks to him about his part in Tailgate's miraculous recovery, officially welcomes him aboard The Lost Light.

And they all lived happily ever after.

For a couple of weeks.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

SpikeMcclane posted:

The thing that was most heartwrenching / the biggest dick move was that Tailgate was basically 2 weeks old when the comic started.

It certainly explains his holomatter avatar, doesn't it?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

The_Doctor posted:

For example, comics don't come out in the UK till Thursday, so that extra 24 hours can be a terrible wait.

My good doctor, I believe you may be going to some slow rear end comic shops - we get them on Wednesdays too!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
So. Excited.

That said, I am conflicted. Do I get classic Magnus or wait for the inevitable Japanese Powered Convoy repaint? Because I loving love that colour scheme (it's the only version of the original I own, in fact)

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Woohoo, Prowl has arrived and there weren't even any customs charges! Hurrah!

He looks gorgeous in both modes, is pretty straightforward compared to past MPs and is just plain drat delightful. I thorougly recommend him.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
(Apologies for the crappy phonecam pic)

SO GOOD.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
MTMTE 22 was, as everyone has already said, fabulous. I can't deny I'm disappointed we're getting a six month hiatus of sorts while all this Dark Cybertron stuff goes on, I just want continuing Space Robot Buddies Adventures.

Rodimus' costume and Rung's alt mode, holy gently caress.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
"God drat it, Scully, don't be so obtuse! It's obvious these cars are robots...in disguise!"

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
A promo teaser for MP Bumblebee has been shown, the proportions look pretty much perfect going by the sillouette.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Bluestreak arrived this morning, another £34 HLJ result! Only had time to take him out the box but he looks fabulous - a gorgeous car mode and all paint apps seem to be nicely done without any problems. Will stick up some pics later.

God, I love the 280ZX, such a lovely car.