Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Everybody should read Last Stand of the Wreckers then the MTMTE trades. They're so good. :swoon:

Hopefully by the end of this thread we'll have a Swerve toy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Brainstorm is my favourite character in MTMTE so far. He's just ridiculous. I would buy a series with just him trying to out-do Perceptor every issue. :swoon:

Rodimus is cool too.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Brainstorm, to me, has a really nasally raspy voice.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Keldroc posted:

Steve Buscemi would be my Brainstorm.

Thats fantastic.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Geared Hub posted:

Is TFW community sometimes mental?

I got called out for hacking and cheating in the TFL game because I placed in the top 40 the last few events because while its ok for me to spend $300 on the latest Masterpiece Leroy One Gotron figure, it's apparently impossible for someone to spend the same on a transformers mobile game.

Not saying its smart but sheesh, lots of drama.

That being said the issue was a few people were cheating but the proof was a credits hack which in itself is pretty useless, since after awhile you should be swimming in millions of credits if you are winning any event prizes at all.

That being said there's maybe a way to reset the available space bridges after an update. If so thats a big problem since someone could in theory keep resetting the episode/event bridges back to $1.00 all the time and save a ton of money.

You spent $300 on one event in TFL? drat son.

But yes, the TFW2005 community is terrible.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Geared Hub posted:

No but 80-100$ for a few events in a row.. yeah.. that's just as bad.

My excuse was I was in Vegas and I was blowing money on stupid poo poo for on and off over a month or two anyways.

Had a chat with a few folks afterwards there are a few legit issues with TFL.

One was the source code to the game/javascript was completely un-encrypted for a while where folks with file explorers on the android side and sift through the code and figure out upcoming features or see holes in the game.

One of which is the admin commands are built into the client :cripes: so the guys who are running the game is using the same code as the customer, that's a big no no for any online/mmo game in design. There was or were ways to trigger this on the client and have people generate anything they wanted.

The TFL team is really small it seems, the whole mobage thing isn't that big of an operation, maybe 70-100 employees running 20+ games so resources are stretched thin, you probably got everything logged but no one to actually pour over and look at issues.

Semi wierd poo poo is:

-Mobage has no idea how a mobage account is tied to a google wallet or apple store account.. support actually asks you this because they can't verify how you paid for mobacoins/cybercash in the first place. :v:

-Playing multiple clients at the same time on the same account seems to work and is within the rules of the TOS, which means a few TFW folks had their kids playing the the same account as pops at the same time. In theory you can grind through bosses twice as fast as someone mashing buttons on one phone. Theres sync issues with battle cube regen but if you reboot the client that solves that issue.

-Playing IOS and Android with the same account gives you access to mobacoins and cybercash, so you can pay to play on both platforms giving you a small window to buy cheap space bridges twice allowing you to pay to play but do so much cheaper than people playing the "right" way.

So yeah I'm dialing back spending on TFL now big time since there seems to be much of this stuff flying around.

On another note, any graphic novel recommendations besides Regeneration One and MTMTE vol 1-3? I picked those up last night.

Last Stand of the Wreckers! MTMTE wont make sense without it.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Gammatron 64 posted:

You know, I was just thinking about how Australian fans don't have a con (well, not one that I'm aware of), and probably have worse distribution than Canada and the UK (and the UK fans have it pretty rough). Seems like it sucks to be a Transformers fan down under.

Sometimes I wonder if there's fandom outside of English speaking and Asian countries. I really don't know. The overwhelming majority of people I speak to online are from the US, Canada, the UK and Australia. (And even as far as English speaking countries are concerned, I don't think I know anybody from New Zealand or South Africa.) I know one guy from Brazil. I wonder if TFs caught on in Europe outside of the UK. From what I understand, their releases were very limited, and often didn't get released until years later.

Theres a Transformers New Zealand fanboard but they're really anal and keep banning me for no reason.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Spiderdrake posted:

You don't really seem like the ban worthy type. How are you earning their ire?

Are they only of the strictest geewun?

Well one of our countries biggest heroes was Sir Edmond Hillary and he said "knocked the bastard off" when he conquered Mt Everest. When he died I posted "bastard got knocked off."

Any attempt to register since has been met with the banhammer.

:shrug:

In other news I got Springer and he loving owns. Really clever use of panels to transform.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

gently caress me. Skids and Swerve? Amazing.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Im more suprised we're seeing Whirl instead of, yknow.. Rodimus but I'll buy all the MTMTE figures anyway.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

I stopped reading RID at issue 8. I think the first 5 issues were good (4 was especially great) but 6, 7 and 8 really were poo poo.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

The Whirl is from his design in Chaos Theory and Shadowplay guys. Its not as cool as MTMTE design but still a cool mold :)

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Goldskull posted:

Why is Armada Prime escond in that Masterpiece Poll anyway? I thought Armada was universally reviled?

Saying that I have 2 of those Armada Primes and the big Scorponok style Megatron Tank from when an old company I worked at had the Armada license from Hasbro. Prime wasn't that bad (aside from the 2 gold fists sticking out the back of the truck) but the trailer thing that he combined with was a total piece of poo poo to make stay together.

Heaps of designs in Armada are actually really really cool. Its just their toys were 1986 levels of terrible. Id give a lot of money for a Generations Scavenger or a skinny spaceship Jetfire. :swoon:

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Gammatron 64 posted:

Oh God.

R.I.P. Ultra Mag- er, Minimus Ambus. My favorite guy is dead. :smith:

I'm really hoping that Tailgate becomes the next Ultra Magnus.

It really feels like MTMTE is gearing up for the end, and this is the beginning of the series' climax. I think this book is going to end at issue 24 or 25, or if not, then the storyline it's been running for the past two years probably will and it will continue on with a new story and new cast, because frankly I don't think many characters are going to be left alive after this one. James Roberts is a very, VERY Yoshiyuki Tomino "kill 'em all" kind of author.

To quote James Roberts himself, this is the "end of the first season of MTMTE" and he has 4-5 seasons planned out. Go reread issue 1, all those warnings at the end ;)

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Keldroc posted:

And the Hasbro version wouldn't be? The only real advantage City Commander may have over an official Hasbro version at this point is that it exists, but I certainly wouldn't expect any better out of Hasbro themselves.

I will never undertand that opinion. Look at Springer, everyone said Hasbro would never top that poo poo 3rd party mold.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

Hmm, here's someone's custom on that very idea:

Not bad, I guess. Doesn't TFCC only get to do an exclusive like this if Hasbro doesn't have plans to?

Thats amazing

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Skids back story is loving AWESOME

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

MTMTE 21 speculation, what if Rodimus ends up biting it? I've seen a lot of talk that his matrix bearing spark will give back all the life the switch took, like when he stepped on Luna-1, in exchange for his life.

drat you Roberts, I was so looking foward to Daj Atlas being Rodimus' new third in charge too.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

GD_American posted:

Alright.

Who is it in the last panel?

Tyrest walking into the portal. Head spikes and cape.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Keldroc posted:

I'll bet on you both being right, and they'll be a team of robots with no alt modes who combine into a giant junkyard sculpture dinosaur that Optimus Prime rides into the final battle.

This is a bad thing?

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Yeah thats how I hear him too.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Super 3 posted:

All of the MTMTE trades purchased off recommendations here. In hindsight I should have bought the first one and then if I liked it got the rest, but this is as close as I get to living dangerously.

Get Last Stand of the Wreckers and read it first!

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

funtax posted:

I saw this at my TRU and passed. The box was falling apart and Magnus looked kind of flimsy and under-detailed overall - like yet another blown-up version of a smaller toy. How does he feel out of the box?

Thats the best looking Magnus of the lot, to me anyway.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Lepecard posted:

Introducing.....THRUSTINATOR!

I find this both brilliant and horrifying.

On a side note,Dirgegun and the other cyborgs are some of my favorite Beast Wars molds....
....wish I had them though.

Thats actually loving awesome.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

What's the time limit on amazon returns? Might as well return the two I bought there and go to costco and buy three(plus save ten bucks!) and just shove a couple in the closet for a few years down the line.

You're sounding like a TFW2005 user.

Guess what? Toys get cheaper months after release. Thats retail.

Metroplex will get heaps more releases too.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Spiderdrake posted:

Apparently next week, I think?

I thought we were due for RID but maybe I missed it.

RID is delayed, probably so Dark Cybertron can happen after MTMTEs big finale.

So excited for MTMTE. Its been a hell of a ride and the build up to the end of the first 'season' has been amazing.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

I want a Animated Magnus repainted as Powered Convoy so bad

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

We see Brainstorm putting the spark in himself in this issue. The prose story just reinforces it. Hes making himself a phase sixer.

Great issue. Great great issue.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

He'll be back. Hes a Decepticon deserter and we are coming back to a story about a gang of thugs who kill deserters.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Phy posted:

Holy snap. I was browsing the TVtropes for MTMTE (I kmow, I know, but sometimes they find cool stuff) and they found cool stuff:

Issue 16, when Ultra Magnus died on the Hell's Point, he was smiling. When he died at Clemency, his symbol was crooked and he let someone call him "Mags". And when he died on Simanzi, he was covered in grime.

And it showed their fists closing.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Iced Cocoa posted:

I also noticed one thing just now. Empyrean Suite is a song that Skids hears in his mind, something revealed in his session with Chromedome, I forget which issue. Then Ratchet reveals in #16 that the Empyrean Suite is Ultra Magnus' favorite. So it's not that hard to put two and two together.

I don't know why the nudge gun didn't erased the memory of the song.

As for the Phase Sixer talk, I'm thinking that Brainstorm's doing the research into that now. He probably knows about the whatever ingredient used to make the Phase Sixers from Chromedome, and given that Brainstorm has probably worked with less, he might be using that point one percenter to make the autobot Phase Sixer that Prowl wants.

So many plot hooks for "Season Two". Rodimus is the one required to find the Knights in order to save Cybertron, at least according to Drift. Pharma's body is stolen by whatever Skids went to. The Spark Skids spoke to spoke of Luna 1, or something that shared Luna 1's pattern on the dark side. Tyrest's up and running, Brainstorm's point one percenter + Prowl wants Phase Sixer. Someone opened Brainstorm's briefcase and Brainstorm has tasked Swerve to find out who did it and probably figure out why he's not missing a head right now. Am I missing anything?

˅˅˅ I got no excuse, sorry.

Tarn listens to the song too.

Interesting that DJD has an Autobot infiltrator and one of the previous Magnus liked listening to the song too.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

We're a general thread, not a spoilers thread so should probably put spoiler tags on latest issues (like TFWiki does).

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

I went back and read all of MTMTE from the beginning before reading #21. Was worth the wait and the revisit. If that's "season one" then man I can't wait for season two. James Roberts really is a better writer than we deserve.

I think second only to Hawkeye, MTMTE is the best thing I've read this year, and that's not something I ever saw myself saying about Robot Adventure Comics so thanks new thread for making me take a chance on it.

Now I just want them to release an IDW Rodimus and I'll be happy. :allears:

Basically, yeah.

If you guys like MTMTE, you'll all love Marvels Hawkeye series.

Season two of MTMTE is scheduled to start after Dark Cybertron yeah? Pretty much filler til March then.

I hope the MTMTE Dark Cybertron parts are atleast able to be read without going into the rest of the miniseries. I have faith in Mr Roberts.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Rereading MTMTE from the start,
(Spoilers for issue 2 to issue 21, caution!!)

http://imgur.com/5tKabcY
http://imgur.com/jc8MKoO
http://imgur.com/ceMl8kR

Such a awesome joke.

Veg fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Sep 29, 2013

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Aaahhh that owns.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Thats if he wants to, though. Something tells me, atleast until he finishes the story he wants to tell, the guy who wrote Transformers fanfic as a kid is living the dream right now.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Oh god I hate that I live in New Zealand. I would love to meet the guy :swoon:

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Spiderdrake posted:

Yeah it's not like MTMTE can spoil the ending or something. You kinda miss out on some of the nuances of the Overlord mini-arc, but then those are easily the worst issues in MTMTE's run so far so anyway.

That being said IDW Transformers is probably the best canon running right now for picking up and seeding threads throughout it's history. Dark Cybertron is knee deep in Furman ideas for one.

Whaaat, the Overlord stuff is the best (except Remain in Light).

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Thats what happens when you try to make all the earth truck panels turn into spikey alien poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Hahaha. Mtmte ruled.

Thunderclash owns. Rung owns. Whirl reigniting another milion year war. Issue owned.