Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009
Anything without Bristleback is garbage. The end. Hey, Roberts! Give Bristleback to a grumpy character as a pet so they can hate everything together! (Sunstreaker and Bob are so adorable!)

I agree that many times the Autobots just feel too perfect. To the point its just boring. They don't have any aspirations beyond fighting their antagonists, they don't give in temptations or struggle with demons or even try to find humor in things. Yeah, I'm sure milenia of war would leave anyone jaded about life but there should also be stuff like some becoming disillusioned with their side and defecting, some just giving up and walking away, maybe a few with some great personal stuff at stake or vendettas to carry out and absolutely some just losing it and going insane. MTMTE, I feel, is perhaps the first to very clearly express all of these aspects and more. Hey, some perma death works wonders too in a story about earth shattering conflicts. I dropped all my old Marvel bullshit and picked up the ongoings TF comics by IDW and other favorites like Judge Dredd and the Walking Dead almost entirely because I was sick of death being reduced to the threat level of the common cold.(coughcoughfuckyoumarvelanddccough)

MP G2 Sideswipe is so drat tempting since I know its the only updated version of that figure we'll ever get that could pass as a classics...

PriNcessofDarXness fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jun 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009
And if anyone decides they don't want Slipstream, kindly PM your terms for purchase.

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009

LightsGameraAction posted:

Bristleback!!! GPS!?!?

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Hopes and dreams crushed*

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009
If t all possible, I would greatly appreciate an SDCC Metroplex. The extra gun is worth the expenses, to me anyway.

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009
Where would be a reliable place to price figures for selling? I just acquired a very huge lot of robits.

Also...^^^ You wouldn't happen to be interested in selling that second one, would you?

PriNcessofDarXness fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Jul 22, 2013

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009

Sire Oblivion posted:

Welp, spent two hours applying stickers to Metroplex stuck some fresh batteries in and... he doesn't work. Tried a different pair of batteries and still nothing, unless there's a tab I need to pull out that I'm missing, I can't enjoy the lights and and sounds of my child's toy. :negative:

My sincerest sympathies. It's obviously defective. You should sell it... to me.

On another note, I got PRiD Magnus too, as an addition to my Classics shelf. Didn't want Magnus to be just an Optimus recolor and I feel he works well enough.

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009
Actually, Jetfire is a VF-1S.

Harmony Gold is such a douche for being like this. I got into Macross in 7th grade when that Robotech game came out for Xbox/Gamecube and looked further into it and watched the original series but I never knew why we never got state side releases of stuff. That sucks.

Just got Sandstorm and IDW Bumblebee. Love 'em both.Huge thanks for the post on how to arm the VTOL mode because holy poo poo, I literally lost sleep over it.

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009

Diet Poison posted:

Man that Omega Supreme is awesome, and I need instructions for that little Megatron. I gave up on the Lego thread when it became 99% about those stupid blindpack minifigures.

Anyone want Gen. Blitzwang, Springer or Sandstorm? BH Arcee, Crocout or FoC Shockwave? My target has tons.

I'm hunting for IDW Orion, Megs, Trailcutter, Gen Legends Optimus, Bee, Starscream and Megs.

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009
^Both these two prior posts.

Also, HUGE thanks for the HTS post! I made out like a bandit!... A bandit who burned a ton of cash n robits... I think I may need to start going to meetings for this...

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009
Thanks for bringing that up cause I've been wondering why they chose that Bludgeon mold for Megatron. If Keldroc gets to gripe for a cab with armor trailer Magnus then I get to demand a proper G2 Megatron with a shoulder cannon. Not a cannon arm or samurai cosplay. IDW is standing in for the unreleased bomber Megs on my shelf though so at least there's that...

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

Unreleased bomber Megatron? I have one at home. Or are you talking some never-appearing Voyager class version?

Wasn't G2 supposed to have Megatron and Starscream released as a combining ATB bomber but something happened and they were renamed Dreadwing and something or other? That's what IDW Dreadwing is based off, right?

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009
Ah, thanks for clearing that up, Gamma. I didn't know the Megs/Scream version was supposed to be the repaint. But yeah, I'm sticking IDW Megatron on my G2 classics shelf to stand in for that unreleased redeco.

I am inclined to agree with Blackheart that MPs are the direct G1 meets modern engineering line and Classics is basically new age G1. I think enough altmodes and botmodes have been tweaked enough to warrant that belief

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009

Goldskull posted:

This is a good point. It can't be that hard. G1 looked like poo poo and the Classics one wasn't much better.

Right, guys? Seriously, HasTak... WHERE THE gently caress IS MY CHUG BRISTLEBACK, FUCKERS!? IT'S A GRUMPY PRICKLY TURTLE, FOR FUCKS SAKE, HOW DO YOU SCREW THAT UP!?

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009
Because I jumped into the IDW party late all I've seen of Grimlock has been in Monstrosity and the Dinobots in MTMTE. What is their story in IDWverse?

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009
Are you all serious? There is clearly only one right opinion here and that is; Whoever has Bristleback is the best. Monstructor. Boom, there ya go. Bristleback doesn't even need those other chumps. What he does need is a classics figure.

In other news, would it be alright to list the 50 or so TFs I have for sale here?

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009

LightsGameraAction posted:

Hey guys, I finally set myself up with a paypal account and I'm gearing up to sell a bunch of my collection, it's gonna take me a while to get through everything but I figure I'd throw some stuff up here first. I just have a few quick questions for the ones of you that have done this sort of thing before. Mainly dealing with how you cover shipping/what is the best shipping option to use for sending tf's and what you guys would consider good etiquette for making these transactions go down. Also where can I host images to upload into my post?

Also I hate to be like this but nobody get too excited yet, most of the stuff I'll be selling right away is newer, as I need to get rid of it for space/money reasons. Also I'm hecka-busy on the weekdays so I'll obviously need you guys to exercise some patience with me. That said the faster you guys help me out the faster I can start throwing stuff up.

If you've any Arms Microns, I'd love to buy those!(Just the little Microns themselves) Generations Legends and the FoC Wreckers are also on my list.

Thread content: What's the status of the Wreckers? Are they coming back in IDWverse? I swear, I saw mention of them somewhere recently.

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009
So its not just me? I... I really don't know what to make of this...

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009

The Goon posted:

I grabbed him recently for that price also.

He's not as polished as the FP code figures, but still drat good, and scale wise fits in perfectly with them. Some people have complained about looseness and floppiness but mine does not seem to have those issues. I have no regrets and would recommend him.

Thanks for this input because even though I have no idea who the character is I thought this figure looked really neat and would fit in with my classics. I may just pull the trigger on this... After I'm able to pick up Metroplex from *ahem* a certain goon... In seriousness though, is the head master unit really fragile at all? I'm just paranoid with delicate stuffs. Edit for 3AM drunk spelling. Yay.

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009

SpikeMcclane posted:

...when posing, hold place your finger and thumb on the center of the chest/bumper and the middle of the back/roof: should be a pretty natural way of holding it and there's no chance of the chest mechanism moving while you move the arms.

Okay, because this came up again, I seriously gotta chime in; How the hell is this not common sense? For the longest time when people would complain about this I would go to my shelf, grab the figure and never figure out what was wrong with it until a couple of months ago when someone else suggested holding it in the above fashion. The only way I can see this being any issue at all is if you're holding him by the head, crotch or legs. I've always held all my figures by the center of the torso when posing limbs because its usually the most secure feeling spot to me. I guess my counter call out would be where exactly are so many people holding him that its really that big an issue?

PriNcessofDarXness fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Nov 8, 2013

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009

TheDK posted:

(yes I know the shoulder cannons are not positioned correctly, yes I know the arms on Nemesis are not formed correctly)

I neither noticed nor care about these things. What I wanna know is why Red Alert has exploding Mickey Mouse ears.

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009
Grimlock crotch?

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I have shot myself in the face more with Roadbuster's stupid missile launcher in the past few days than anyone else has ever shot themselves in the face with any toy.

He's currently using it as a pimp cane because no way am I letting that thing point anywhere but straight down at this point.

Seriously it's been at least ten missiles to the face before I learned my lesson.

Whatever your score is War for Cybertron Megatron (all three variants) is, to this day, ensuring that he has waged war upon my face the likes of which no missile launching action figure ever has, is or will ever do. I'm considering getting one of those Optimus role play masks just to wear when I fiddle with him but I'm also afraid it would just provoke him into shooting more.

Huge thanks, Hamster, for the link earlier.

Anyone have an Airachnid they wanna get rid of?

PriNcessofDarXness fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Sep 5, 2014

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009
Sorry I'm late but count me in for secret Santa! I got an AWESOME(as if there were any other kind) Cyberjet last year!

Also, I've got Prid Magnus, would anyone also recommend the platinum or beast hunters Magnus...es?(Magni?) And are there any third party Classics styled heads I can use to replace the flat-featured Prime style heads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009
Hey, I was just curious cause I know at least a couple of you are Macross fans, is there somewhere that I can go to see lists of the toys they've made of each type of valkyrie? Kinda like how TFWiki has lists of figures for each character. I'm looking to start collecting those really high detail looking ones (from Yamato I think?) and wanted to start building up a list of them.

Thread contributing material: I just saw that G2 Sideswipe masterpiece dude and he is loving rad. Anyone have this guy and can tell me if this variant of the mold has any issues or finicky bits? It'll be my first MP.