Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Marmaduke! posted:

I don't think us non-patreon donaters are meant to have access to this yet, but thanks ;)

He goofed up, posted it live as a public patreon post. (I am a $1 backer, but wasn't logged in when I viewed the post.)

Think he's fixed the patreon post now, but since I had the YT link, thought I'd link it.

And if you enjoy Thew, you should back him. I don't have the money to definitely throw $5 every month, so I've settled for a buck a month for now, but if his new schedule does pay off then I'll probably bump it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Rhyno posted:

A couple more pics.

Elbows and shoulders are tight and ratchety as all hell. If the other three are solid this will be a great display piece at a killer price. A great option if you have Gravity Builder and want to display in combined and alt modes. But I still think I want Toy World's version, especially if the rumor that Zeta is going to re-release it with updates is true.

Are these the only 3 released just now?

This seller appears to have all 3, invoicing in awful translucent plastic if people are into that kind of thing.

http://s.aliexpress.com/fiyIj6BF

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Correct. Mixmaster is due this month, Long Haul in December and the final one in January.

Oddly their Mixmaster is a hybrid KO of the GT and TW bots.

I think I'll wait till Mixmaster pops up and try and order the 4 from a single seller.
Your pics look great though, so definitely want them!

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Just want list it, he'll get back to you with a price pretty quick. The white one was sold out but the second run dropped and it hit at a lower price this time.

I'm also very distracted today. I have hundreds of dollars worth of high quality TFs but I'm getting more satisfaction out of fiddling with these $11 dudes.

Mixmaster seems to be up on some sellers, going to order the 4 this week.
Likely tonight.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Remember comic readers, it's a Rodimus-and-friends-less Lost Light tomorrow, as we finally pick up on what Getaway's been doing a mere 17 months (!) since he took control of the ship. I am actually hype

Is there a decent online retailer that will ship new comics to my door as low as a single book a month?
My FLGS does take comic orders, but they've had real issues with diamond, especially when it comes to lost light, and I'm no longer in as often as I used to be.
The only other handy-ish shops that would do it locally are forbidden planet and A1, and they're not exactly the little guy anyway.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

TheDK posted:

I was going to suggest the Masterpiece which is awesome but expensive and probably not a good idea for a child...

After that I'd have to say Takara CW Ultra Magnus, because I like the colors better than Hasbro. However, you can get the Hasbro one for ~$45 right now.

After that you get into some weird options from Prime that I can't really recommend, though the Weaponizer Ultra Magnus (Platinum Edition) is kind of fun (seen here):

e: or KFC's version as mentioned above

Th Hasbro one also has Minimus rather than Alpha Trion. (I agree the Takara colours are maybe nicer, but I'd want Minimus)

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

These NBK Constructicons are loving awesome, even ignoring the fact they also cost like £10 each.

Definitely a pro-buy

Mine should be on their way. Hopefully here in a fortnight.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

Oh wow, said like that, it sounds like UK toy line Manta Force.

I would kill people for an Omega Supreme that turned into the Manta Force ship.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

3 of my 4 ordered NBK constructicons have arrived!

The section for the legs to slide inwards towards the waist feels awful when they're brand new, one area Hasbro would do better, but overall they look and feel great!

I really like how the knees sit/work

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Disco De Soto posted:

Do you think they'll actual finish them all by March next year? I've also heard conflicting rumors about the different sets being compatible or not,

I am the wrong person to ask, i only bought in because someone else posted them and they looked sweet.

Scrapper would be a little disappointing on his own, I think, bu the other two I posted are great fun.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Just checked with my ali Express seller, and the reason why I have 3 our ot 4, but no tracking info on the fourth, is the factory is delayed in sending out mixmaster.
He reckons it should be out this week though, so given the timeline for delivery for the other 3, I should have Mixmaster by roughly the 22nd?

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

These guys are really good you guys.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Comfortador posted:

That does look nice, what and where are these again?

NBK constructicons, purchased from your chinese wholsaler of choice. (Aliexpress, generally)

I posted a pic of the current 3 yesterday, and Mixmaster should be with me in a couple weeks.

They're around £10 each, inc. Shipping, and will all combine for devastatot.

Edit: 2 days ago, not yesterday.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

This is the specific seller I used:

http://s.aliexpress.com/mErAFBJF

Aliexpress gives a large window to report issues, and sellers generally bend over backwards to avoid negative reports about them.
If im buying something i don't have a seller for, i tend to sort the search page by number of orders. If they have plenty orders, i've not had an issue yet.
These are the first TF's I've bought on there.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

No new TF's in Glasgow Hamleys.
In fact, the only generations toys were a few titan masters, and legends bumblebee (and a couple roadrash or whatever his name is)

Not a single deluxe or voyager from TR, nevermind PotP. Views i might not bother popping in if they're going to go exclusively for the other lines.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Can confirm GiftLove is good.
I've had good messages from them apologising for the factory delay on NBK04 and the like, will use them again.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Just been at the parcel depot, so i'll have pics of the NBK Mixmaster for you all in an hour or two.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

That reminds me, I got a tracking number for him like 3 weeks ago and it still isn't live.

China :argh:

There was a delay from the factory, they were only actually dispatched last week, depaite the fact that sellers register the tracking number immediately.

Taking pics just now, up in 10mins

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Double post, but for pictures!
Album link: https://imgur.com/a/j3TtX

Sneaky Alt-Mode pic:

With the rest of his crew:

And with some other robots for scale:

The colours aren't anywhere as bright as in the flash photos, but they look overly muted (though not much) in the normal photos. They're definitely neon, but not bright.

Oh, and they all have awesome light-piping.

edit: the colours look a bit better on my PC than they did on my phone, might just be my phone.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

TheDK posted:

Daaaaaaamn. Looks really good except for that G1 trash you somehow managed to get in the way.

I figured it was a reasonable reference size on top of Triggerhappy and the Leader class Blaster.
I should have grabbed my Powermaster prime instead though, but I can't get to that shelf at the moment.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

How does leg mode look?

I'm pretty happy with it!

I will say, I wasn't sure about Scrapper, as his shoulders and arms feel super thin then super chunky out of nowhere, and his bottom half is a bit fiddly to go from bot to vehicle, but Mixmaster feels as great as the arm bots.
There's also a rattle inside the mixing tank, which is fully free to rotate btw.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

For some reason I thought the new Optimus was going to be Voyager.
I'm not super-fussed about scale next to other bots, so should I just get the MP-10V since it'll be pretty much the same price?

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

There's 4, Long Haul is number 5, though mixmaster was delayed so i'm not expecting long haul till the new year.

You can get both arms and both legs, check my posts in this thread for pics of them all.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

A1 toys in glasgow are doing an in store only deal of TR Fort Max for 40 quid.
If you are interested in the figure at all, and can get to glasgow, braehead, or silverburn, i believe they all have stock. (parnie st branch had double digits of figures on display, plus more in the back as mine came in the shipping box.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

drrockso20 posted:

Trypticon arrived and boy is he huge, even just in the box, I think he's the first figure I've gotten bigger than Voyager size since Beast Wars

Yeah, i bought Fort Max just the other day, and he's very large.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

I also have ordered nbk05, thanks for the heads up.

Also have lost the instruction sheets for 1-3 so if any kind soul could snap a shot of each side and host them somewhere that would be much appreciated!

Yeah, I too had stopped watching GiftLove and assumed it wouldn't be on till January now, but have now ordered.

If nobody beats me to it, I'll try and take snaps of these tonight, or maybe tomorrow?

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Disco De Soto posted:

Dammit maybe he sold out but he just sent me a message saying it won’t be ready until Jan or Feb....

Nah, the toys always go up early on the stores, there's just a backlog on the factories just now which means nbk keep missing dates. Nbk 04 was delayed about 3 weeks from order too.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Rhyno posted:

I decided to just wait for all the NBKs to release before I order again. By then 4 & 5 should be down to $10. Of course, the JB oversized one will probably drop before then.
While perusing my regular sellers I saw that one of them had just blown out his Machine Boy Onslaughts for like $26 shipped so I'm kicking myself for missing that.

Edit: Zeta just announced they are releasing an updated version of Toyworld's Coolsville. So Coolesville is probably going to crater in price.

Yeah, I shouldn't have ordered NBK 05 since NBK 04 is already under £10, but I'm not buying many figures at the moment, so I thought why not for the sake of 3 quid. Then I have him, and I can just order the last one when it's up.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Word is the OS version is gonna be $110 or less so I'll probably end up tossing the NBKs in a bin anyways. JinBao's products so far are incredible and the upscaled Bruticus had no simplifications and had the design upgrades built in. I expect their Gravity Builder to be on par with that.

I already think the Fort Max i just got is too big, and an oversized devastator would be at least that big.

The roughly voyager size of the existing ones is fine for me.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Is there a smaller version of the masterpiece Ultra Magnus?
Or a decent 3rd party one that won't break the bank?

I've fancied a Magnus for a while, but I just saw an image comparing the CW Leader one and the Masterpiece, and much prefer how the masterpiece one looks waist down. (The CW one looks closer to MTMTE style, but his legs are too thin, the MP ones are nice and chunky.)

(I'll also need to then buy myself a minimus ambus separately, but oh well.)

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Comfortador posted:

Anyone get their NBK Longhauls yet? I'm not happy with mine. Loose parts abound and I'm confused on the transformation that has me mounting his gun.

Yeah, his gun didn't mount for me either.
I did like the idea of the guns being part of the transformation on the others, but it just doesn't fit on Long Haul.

I've not got any issues with loose parts though, and I just ignored the gun in the transformation.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Comfortador posted:

The crotchplate was the loosest I guess its not a huge deal. I though the gun in the back was needed for stability. If its not I can probably furniture polish the loosies and call it a day

Actually, good point. I just picked it up again to see what you were talking about, and I remembered one of the bits on the end of the crotchplate was actually loose in the box. Clipped back on without issue though.
The whole crotchplate assembly is fairly well set though.
And can confirm the gun doesn't need to be in place.
It's currently in the hands of my Classics Starscream.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Moved house, and the new town has an Entertainer in the shopping mall.

They've got about a dozen Sixshots, down to £30 which seemed fine.

So now they have one less sixshot.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

SXS are doing their Hot Rod KO in Lost Light colours and I'm really tempted, even though it's only available through Taobao

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=565306900987

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

drat, I wish I could live off $688 a month plus whatever paltry adpence YouTube pays.

I'd guess hes saved up a bit of money to start off, plus as he lives in England his commuting costs must be huge just now so removing those will help, then you're just betting on continued growth.
If he can get $600 part time, when I don't think there's been a normal review video in a month or more, I'm betting he'll double or triple it once he's putting out a chunk of content.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Phy posted:

I cleaned up my basement a couple weeks ago and realized I have a couple of boxes of boxes and I felt like a silly rear end about it.

So apparently TRU Canada got bought up by a financial holding company that most of what they own is other financial or insurance companies. They're talking like they're going to keep it going.

This often means debts from the parent company will get passed on to the retail entity as a fall guy.
My understanding is that's what happened to Maplin in the UK, amongst others.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

I had a bunch of toys that were a mix of hand-me-downs and random extras bought at car boot sales (think yard sale, but everyone brings it all to a field, instead of relying on people going house to house)

Had a mix of stuff, mostly damaged, generally in bad shape.
Bunch of G1 stuff, and a lot of "machine robo" stuff too.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

Get him the MechFansToys Huge Dragon legends scale one? That's like, $60?

That's dope and I need one.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Sorry if I missed it but didn't see it mentioned.

15% off on eBay UK if you spend at least 20 quid, until 8pm UK time. Code is PIGGYBANK

I picked up mp-10v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Related content to nerds and word usage issues in the UK:

https://twitter.com/mountaindewUK/status/1034002581385895937?s=07