Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Need to take the requisite photos, but I got MP-10V a week or so ago, and he's great. Thanks to you all for making me aware of a masterpiece both in my budget and a good size.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Nick Roche just liked my tweet telling a TERF to gently caress off (politely)

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Arquinsiel posted:

Welcome to the Canadian Secret Service Woke PC Police brigade you've stepped into an Irish twitter minefield.

I'm getting called an abusive misogynist for saying that women should be allowed into women only spaces.

Twitter is also ignoring my reports of this person calling me abusive.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Haven't seen this linked yet, and I'm betting a few of you will want to see it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAypJ3ziaqM

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

It irks me these always transform the same way those cheap remote control cars do.

I get that, but baby steps.

On another note, I'm back to thinking about getting an Ultra Magnus.

The Generations one looks good, but I want to weigh up my options. I'm not sure what 3p ones are available.

I pretty much don't care about scale at all, so long as he's not small, I bought MP-10V lately, but that was tbh partly about price, more than scale, as seen by the fact he's standing with Leader Blaster amongst other things.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Wait, nevermind on Ultra Magnus chat.

I forgot I liked the look of the War for Cybertron one that's coming out, even if the range is a bit greebly for my liking.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Lepecard posted:

So, anybody else grabbing some Botbots?

Gonna' try and find some this weekend and if it's alright, i'll trade the doubles on here.

I want some but not seen them in the UK yet.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

My BotBots came from Amazon today. I got two Toilet Troops, because I really wanted King Toots, The Toilet Paper Transformer. Got two of them!

There are three different packs for each Botbot team, and there are only two from the actual team in each pack, so... that's a little off I guess. I get that the idea is to trade, so dupes are fine... and Mrs. Rainbowbeard is kind of into these guys. Kind of why I started with the cleaning supplies teams.

My Stinkeye Stapleton has two right arms, though. Frohawk's hat is stuck halfway up, but that's apparently not uncommon. All the food items (ice cream penguin, ice cream pegasus, NACHO NACHO MAAAAAN) are great, as is King Toots and the soap pirate.

There's a LOT of new names to learn here, and they're not on the checklist poster. DT, tell them to put the names on the checklist posters please, plenty of kids and adult manchildren still read. Thanks! :)

You're making me jealous :(

Not seen them in the UK yet, and the only listings on Amazon UK are ridiculous - the 5pk is 95.52 pounds, plus another 17 for delivery, and the 8pk is 147.47 plus the same shipping

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

Well drat, IF has all my money for another year. I remember wondering a few months back if they’d ever revisit characters now that they could easily do them better, and yo, here we are. That Magnus looks great.

IF are CHUG Legends sized, yeah?
Is the Magnus going to be larger than average, making it legend scale, or will he be about the same actual size as the others? I've not got any IF stuff so not sure how their lines work.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, they’re all legends scale, any larger figures they do are still in that scale, like Jetfire who came out earlier this year. He’s about the size of a small deluxe figure, but that works because he’s a larger character, so yeah, still in scale.

Hmm, I may pick up the Magnus then, he does look good.

I don't care about scale all that much, but that figure at normal legends size would be kinda lovely I reckon, so hearing he might be between an avg legends and deluxe might mean I get him.

(That said, I'm already set on buying Siege Magnus so :shrug: )

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Only place I've seen siege was forbidden planet yesterday, but their deludes are £20, which feels like a lot. I know that's the new RRP, but it's a lot of money for a deluxe.

I think the "Battle masters" (that's the smaller than legends bigger than head master's guys right?) Were nearly a tenner

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Still no BotBots in Glasgow.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

I don't know which to buy :(

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

I have two detolf questions.

1) Do you guys do anything to stop it rattling? It might just be my floors, but it rattles whenever anyone walks past it, and I'm sure it was the same in my old flat too.

2) Lighting suggestions. When we bought my detolf we bought a light for it too, but I've never got around to cutting space for it, but where it is now isn't that close to an outlet, so are there suggestions for cheap-ish battery lights that can be maybe stuck to the top or something and illuminate the unit?

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Okay, these are precious and I need them all

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Cool, ordered. Love that blue and black.

got a link? Can't see it on their site

e; nevermind.
he's called delta manus

edit2: what kind of size is he?

mehall fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Mar 20, 2019

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

That's a nice looking Perceptor, what is it?

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

Why? They seem perfectly decently sized to me.

Took a while to load for me on my phone first time I was seeing them.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

So my detolf is still shaking a bit, and my TFs slowly slide toward to front.

I can't seem to do much about a bit of shake, so any suggestions on how to hold them in place, in a non-permanent way? E.g. are there any little transparent rubber pads I could use or something?

They always slide in the one direction, so even if it's just something I can put in front of their feet I think that would do the job.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

Get a bunch of those little transparent "glue dot" things and put them on their feet. They're pretty small and if it's only a slight shake that's making them slide it'll solve the problem.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bostik-Sticky-Glue-Dots-Removable/dp/B004009XMW/ref=asc_df_B004009XMW

They are also cheap as gently caress so it can't hurt to try!

Yeah, that's the sort of thing I'm thinking of trying.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Wall anchors are cheap and the holes are easily filled when you move.

Super thin internal walls, and from what I've tested it would mitigate it, but these TFs are really slidey.
Nothing else I have in the case is really moving

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

I looked back a few pages, but seems like no-one's reading the new comic? :( I've actually been enjoying it quite a bit.

I'm reading it.

It's fine.

That's my review.

I'm enjoying getting regular comics again, and the wind up is finally starting to make its pitch, but 5 issues in and the world is much the same as we started.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Series 2 bot bots are starting to show up in the UK, I grabbed a couple individual ones in an Entertainer yesterday. They only had series 1 5packs though.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Other posted:

cool, yet another exclusive not available outside of us/canada

Oh boo.
I had already started to work out if I could find the money, hadn't even thought about that issue.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Pulse is US only, right?
Any idea how a Scot might get his hands on those BotBots?

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

EBay or get cosy with an American who’s willing to camp out on Pulse for you.

If anyone here isnt going to buy both of their maximum, PM me and we can work something out, otherwise I'll end up fleeced on eBay.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

DrChud posted:

If you guys had to pick your top 3 characters, be it fond memories of toys/cartoon as a kid, newer movies, or comics, who would they be. Who’s your favorites?

Mine would be all from fond childhood memories.

1. Soundwave
2. Devastator
3. Grimlock

Have to have Optimus Prime in there, too quintessential for him not to be.

Shockwave was always cool, and the Senator Shockwave stuff in IDW really got me out of nowhere

Grimlock was an old favourite from the cartoons from childhood, but honestly I think Sky Lynx might be more my thing nowadays.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

I apparently set a phone reminder about SDCCbotbots, I presume they're now or soon on sale, but I don't recall where that would be. Is there any UK option?

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Rhyno posted:

More PICS

Here's PX Star Saber with som Siege boys

Here he is with an MPish Prime

And here's that same Prime with some OS Constructicons

What MPish Prime is that?
Is that a KO?
Because I dig the matte effect

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Ew, MTG sighted.

More to the point, the pins are not in the right order

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Is Omega Supreme out yet?
Most UK stores say "out of stock", but when I look on eBay a bunch are still saying pre-order.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Marmaduke! posted:

As a completionist yes, on merit probably not.

This is also my verdict.

It's still early, tbf, but there's not been much that's made it stand out for me.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Spiderdrake posted:

If we're saying 3P is KOs then yeah but otherwise no.

Actually the thread is beautifully balanced right now, no one topic dominating others. Siege is good, KOs are good, 3P is good, MPs are... MPs.

Well except no one reads the comics any more it feels like?

I read it.

There just nothing to talk about.

We're 16 issues in and it's about to start getting meaty.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

I'm gonna get to meet Cullen and Welker!

My future brother in law bought me and my fiancee tickets for a comic con, and it turns out it's one they're gonna be at!

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

hey rhyno, do you know if this OSKO devastator set is the same as the ones where the individual bots were like 15ish bucks a bit back, or is it a crappier version? those individual ones were solid but if this is a worse quality version I'll skip it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IN-STOCK-N...5.c100037.m2107

and do you think the seller's legit, they've got a lot of recent positive feedback, but I know that sort of seller can ghost instantly. there's a few listings of theirs I'm curious about that I'd consider if they're a reputable seller.

I don't have a final answer, but there were two copies of the old one, which IIRC looked superficially similar but were either pretty well made, or had medium tolerances.
I have the $15 ones, and I *think* that is tot he same, and those are medium tolerances, but there was a higher quality release IIRC from a near clone mold.

But I may be wrong so wait for Rhyno.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

Another Ultra Magnus? Noooo my weakness!

If I just keep putting off buying one, then a perfect one exactly as my imagination will come along.

If only I'd done that with Sky Lynx, I sought out the Combiner Wars one because I didn't think we'd see another one for a decade, and now I need to justify £80 for a toy of a character I already have.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/twlldun/status/1301806534687690752

The Kiss Players reboot is coming along apace.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Keldroc posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LunIjMKAjEg

Arm 180 transformation confirmed. The madmen did it.

man, that is a nice transformation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

BizarroAzrael posted:

https://twitter.com/toygrind/status/1310872834193928192?s=19

Not used Zavvi for a long time, possibly since they had stores, but maybe my only chance. They have a bunch of other pre-ordered so might consider ordering Cyclonus and BE Megatron, but I'm moving soon, so need to remember to update my address.

IIRC it's literally a different company just using the name, despite the fact that for most people when they hear Zavvi they go ""Oh, Virgin megastores?", but the company operating as Zavvi now are reputable enough.