Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

SpazmasterX posted:

I maintain that Galaxy Force is one of the best shows. :colbert:

I believe Galaxy Force is the best Optimus toy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

catch22 posted:

(Crossposting from old thread in case Ka0 stopped reading that one already) ka0 - thanks so much for the gift, it looks even better in person! I need to pick up a frame and get that sucker up on the wall ASAP!

I just opened my tiny Optimus and Roller, and I'm a little bit disappointed.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Xenomrph posted:

I feel like I'm missing something here, but if you don't want to post about it here in the thread for fear of derailing it I guess you could PM me about it.

No really is anyone going to BotCon??? Anyone?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Ka0 posted:

About 2 months ago

sis: yo I got you a blue liontron-thingie, that one you mentioned once

me: you mean thundertron? that's awesome

sis: that one. it's pretty cool actually. you sure they are not selling them back home?

me: not a chance, we're stuck on first wave retail as usual. just ship it over

sis: but what if it breaks, I don't wanna return it

me: it'll be fine, just put packing peanuts on the box, that's how ebay sellers do it

sis: OK

yesterday morning, I got a package

The box was still sealed.

Your sister is a hero, that reminds me how production plants will ship laser printers in for repairs - also full of peanuts.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

GD_American posted:

I had ordered from Amazon but I'm considering cancelling and just going to BBTS. I doubt Amazon had bad intentions, but gently caress em, support the toy store.

If anyone wants BotCon toys, I want to sell a whole set (minus the attendee Starscream)

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I met a really nice group of Canadians with resin weapons and chromed axes, had a cocktail, and later gave this guy a new look.

strangehamster fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jun 30, 2013

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I bought airfare and booked a room, yay. Spiderdrake will be relieved.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I haven't had any problems with TFSource, but I don't order a whole lot there. I think they pack their toys better, BBTS does a fairly good job and TFSource does an excellent job.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I just picked up a skyquake at retail in hopes of swapping him for one of the igear minibots or a classics/henkei Megatron. Any takers?

I want him, which mini-bot do you want? (Eddie Bomber said he'd give me one with my next order, which is probably gonna be Hexatron)

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The Rage posted:

TRU in the past has sold their SDCC exclusives online after SDCC. So it looks like their plan this year is to release everything at the same time, both at SDCC and online.

This is normal, products will also disappear and reappear on the website frequently, it won't mean anything.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=23058556&skuid=16503857

Kind of expensive for Sandstorm, but there you go. TRU ships internationally.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The_Doctor posted:

It's better than the £35 ($50) from a comic store or [NOT AVAILABLE IN THE UK] at TRU. :(

Did you buy (limit) two?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The_Doctor posted:

I've just been sending out my friends in the US to the toy aisle when they visit a Target or TRU and seeing what they can find.

Goons find me a Skyquake, bring it to TFCon!

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

BXCX posted:

Ugh, I signed up to get emailed when they're back in stock though!!!! I can't see how they could mess something like that up!

I hope to get an email between 4:30am and 4:45am on a weekday once stock is completely sold out.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I love that Acid Storm is just sitting there, not selling out.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

404GoonNotFound posted:

And the fans voted for this when we already have Slipstream why?

It's a Hasbro conspiracy to re-use that Generations:FOC mold a fourth time!

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Keldroc posted:

So apparently they cut the line off for Hasbro booth store tickets at SDCC at 4:30AM this morning, and even then the people in line still have to draw the lucky tickets at a raffle to get a ticket to stand in line to buy anything at the booth. In anticipation of it being a complete clusterfuck as always, I had a friend who went to Wednesday Preview Night pick up Metroplex and the GI Joe vs. Transformers box for me.

If you didn't camp out all night you couldn't even get a ticket for a small chance to buy souvenirs? :shepspends: That's like the worst parts of Y2000 era Black Friday and playing Powerball.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I'm into some pretty obscure robot toys over here, you've probably never heard of them.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

revtoiletduck posted:

So she's definitely an Autobot? And does a decent Slipstream toy exist?

I still think jets are cool.

Slipstream is a TFCC Subscription figure that is a redeco of FE Starscream, which looks fine but costs an arm and a leg.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

WendigoJohnson posted:

When do the exclusives go on sale at HTS? Is it Monday or Tuesday?

I looked up my order last year, it was Thursday.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Email me or PM me for a list of toys for sale and trade, I would bring a few to TF Con also.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I'm at TFCon early, it's quiet. Too quiet.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Optimist Prime posted:

Also: which one of you goons asked James Roberts how he managed to make Drift likeable?

I met Spiderdrake, Gammatron, and Rei (briefly). I bet it wasn't a goon.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rei_ posted:

TFCon was, as always, loving amazing. Like a four-day blur of drinking and waterslides with a dealer room and the occasional panel.

Videos:
Vangelus singing Bad Romance
More Karaoke (Feat. Goober, the Legend of TFCon)

Who ruined their voice just yelling the hell out of Mr. Roboto?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Spiderdrake posted:

I enjoyed a good twenty minute rant from hamster regarding how big a bag of donkeys botcon was. I think it's the only thing I really saw him complain about all weekend.

I also complained that the continental breakfast was $12, bring lots of snacks everybody! I found two instruction manuals on the desk that were missed, I will send them next time.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

There are all kinds of good things going up on HTS.com

Metroplex, Shark Megatron, Sandstorm, Legends Starscream/Waspinator, Big Dumb Optimus, oh my

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/transformers?BR=496&PG=1&ST=NW

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

GD_American posted:

Thanks for this. Still hoping for MP Soundwave somewhere.

I forgot about secret unlisted Deluxe Prowl
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/transformers-prime-deluxe-class-prowl-figure?BR=496&ID=32293

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I saw Trailcutter at Target and passed him up. Am I a dummy?

It's okay to prefer Hoist, I wish my Target had anything at all on the pegs.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

404GoonNotFound posted:

Proof that I'd be a horrible scalper: Only picked up one MP Soundwave for a friend when it looked like they had at least 3 or 4 in stock. I didn't even come back later and see if a different person was at the counter or anything.

drat yous, functioning senses of guilt and shame!

I would ... I just... noooooooooooooo....

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Keldroc posted:

The first one of those "Transformer heads on a stick" things used for actors' eyelines has been spotted on the set of Transformers 4, and...well, there never really was much hope. Only a fool's hope.

That THOAS looks like a sasquatch smoking a corn-cob pipe.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rythe posted:

I figure you guys might appreciate this, cross-posting it from the Lego thread.

Those rails look too big and sort of out of scale on that G1 reissue WHOA COOL!

I think I got an MP Soundwave order into the system, I don't have an email or anything to confirm it yet.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The_Doctor posted:

Nah it's cool, I can't really afford it right now.

I'm sure I can't afford it, did anyone get a TRU email or anything at all today when trying to order?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

My IDW BB has two left shoulders :frogon: and my PRID Crock-out has a broken left shoulder :smith:

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

I've got two extra MP Soundwaves that I picked up locally, if you're interested in one, PM or e-mail me at bagofsunchips[at]gmail. $150 shipped to your door (paid ~$130, ~$15 shipping, and $5 for my time).

I PM'd you, what flavor are the Sun Chips?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

It appears MP Soundwave is back up on TRU, I even found a store pickup option (which is unheard of here)

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19038126&skuid=15104021

Edit: It's gone? Maybe I have one? I got past the payment page. drat this website.

strangehamster fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Aug 5, 2013

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

That metal dude posted:

Tried six times on this URL http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19038126&prodFindSrc=rv in two different browsers and every time I add it to my cart it shows nothing but still showing an "add to cart" option on the main product page.
Whyyyyyyyy

There is a delay between the web server and the inventory database computers?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Knormal posted:

Speaking of boxes, have some TFW2005.

My Target got reset and there is crap on shelves again!

Look at all this glorious crap!

You don't need eyes to see where this is going! (I hope on clearance so I can get that giant $60 dragon bastard)

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Ka0 posted:

Can you fetch a Fire Beast Predaking for me?

That $60 monster? Yeah I will get one tomorrow. :3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rhyno posted:

Oh poo poo, Amazon shipped my Metroplex!

Oh poo poo, BBTS still hasn't shipped, it's been a week already.

Important service announcement - anyone want a Voyager Shockwave, Springer, Blitzwing, or Sandstorm shipped to them (before I return them to HTS?)

strangehamster fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Aug 7, 2013