Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Rhyno posted:

I'm not worried about Nitro, there's a KOOS version coming!

Source?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

That is pretty drat awesome.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Blackheart posted:

Yeah that's way too much for whatever it is.

A quick google turned up some info on the line.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Rhyno posted:

A couple more pics.

Elbows and shoulders are tight and ratchety as all hell. If the other three are solid this will be a great display piece at a killer price. A great option if you have Gravity Builder and want to display in combined and alt modes. But I still think I want Toy World's version, especially if the rumor that Zeta is going to re-release it with updates is true.

I'm also on the NBK Devastator train. Got 02 (Scavenger) on a whim, and ordered the other two the day he arrived. Really goddamn impressed, especially for the price.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

TheDK posted:

Yes, he'd be a go-to for reviews if he just spoke normally. His videos are decent on mute if you need a transformation to follow.

Pretty much. At least that way I'm not constantly thinking how much of a loving idiot he is for not knowing 'transparent' is a word.

Thew's videos are great, Peaugh gives no-frills reviews that cover new poo poo before it's out, and Ben is good for 3rd party/ko/being happy even when life is poo poo.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Sockser posted:

I can’t tell if I’ve developed brain damage or they’ve really stepped up because I kind of really like most, if not all of these?

I really like them too. Especially that Blackout.

Anyone know what the word is on if us filthy foreigners will be able to get them without a friendly US shipping address?

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

Counter-counterpoint, The gunpla thread doesn't have any of the "skeleton" and "cuck" nonsense that you're trying to pin on it. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3678195&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Counter-counter-counterpoint:

drrockso20 posted:

Could try asking around the Gunpla and TF threads over on /toy/ and /m/

gently caress 4chan.

The gunpla thread that TaurusOxford linked is legit, though.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

The MSJ posted:

Lots of new pictures of POTP Predaking: https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/high-quality-images-of-power-of-the-primes-predaking-and-predacons/40960/

It appears that half of Divebomb, not just the wings, combine with Razorclaw to form Predaking's torso.

Every time I see those godawful upper legs just hanging off those robots I want Feral Rex more.

I don't even like Predaking

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

A tiny image of some smooshed colours?

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

My first ever transformers were G1 Ramjet and Smokescreen, for my 4th birthday in 1985.

My parents scoured every goddamn toyshop in Yorkshire to get an Optimus Prime for that christmas. Magical, it was.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Rhyno posted:

TFSource has Quantron back in stock at $130. But the rumor mill says Jin Bao is doing a Computron next so I'm not gonna buy something just to buy it.

Damnit, the shipping to the UK on that Quantron takes it well out of my price range. Which is poo poo because I really want a decent Computron. At least the JinBao one (if it happens) will be on places with friendlier international shipping like Show.Z.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Hey IDW/Hasbro, are you still seeking talent for your reboot because I think I've found just the guy.

Lew's response is pretty great, too

https://twitter.com/lewstringer/status/1029917063316422656

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

I'm in love. If only I could afford the drat thing.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Exactly what I thought.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

The three questions are quotes from the iconic British politician Tony Benn. I was really quite impressed to see them show up in a Transformers comic of all places.

quote:

[Benn believed] those in positions of economic, social and political power should always be asked five questions:

“What power have you got?”

“Where did you get it from?”

“In whose interests do you use it?”

“To whom are you accountable?”

“How do we get rid of you?”

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

TF Source has got MT Quantron and JJ's Jet Commander for $110 bucks apiece as a Black Friday deal.

Goddamn, that's affordable even with TFSource's insane international shipping costs. Except I'm living on ramen until Wednesday next week (got hit with a lot of unexpected expenses this month, I don't spend that much on transformers).

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

That code ain't working for me... is it only from this evening or something?

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

My UT Challenger arrived in the mail yesterday and I have to agree, it is incredible. Not just the transformation (though that's pretty amazing in itself), everything about it is spot on. It may be my favourite transformer of the past... ever.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Optimipodes. :colbert:

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

And probably have funnier skits.

And never say "transclearant"

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Finally got my hands on Maketoys Quantron. Holy poo poo what an absolute unit. This is glorious.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Nodosaur posted:

https://twitter.com/tfwiki/status/1145799275055656964

If you're a ghost, Optimus Prime thinks you don't deserve any rights.

But he does at least accept that you're a sentient being.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

No no no, his name is Wrung.

Doesn't Ring a bell.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

DrChud posted:

If you guys had to pick your top 3 characters, be it fond memories of toys/cartoon as a kid, newer movies, or comics, who would they be. Who’s your favorites?

Defensor
Smokescreen
Chromedome

Now if only there were a decent 3p Defensor...

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

I always find it a shame the Dinobots’ transformation sequences are so clearcut. Like, no matter who makes them, they’re all going to change shape in exactly the same way. Particularly Grimlock; it’s always going to be head back, split trex chest, legs become arms, etc.

The DX9/MFT Dinobots manage to have different and interesting (and sometimes scarily tolerance-dependent, in the case of Slag’s rear body) ways of going from dinosaur to robot without being much off-model.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Issue three of Ghostbusters vs Transformers has Peter Venkman psycho-analyzing Starscream and it's as good as it sounds. And Grimlock ain't afraid of no ghosts

Something that could go in the Funny Panels Thread? Though Grimlock may fit better in Badass Panels

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Cybertron Defense Hot Shot is clearly a Macross fan.

He put missiles on his missiles so he could missile while he missiles.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Transformation video's out for Zeta's Core Star (Unicron):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ5PymeCCTw

I wouldn't be surprised if this was actually a lament configuration and Pinhead's the one behind the camera.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Picked up Siege Springer at the weekend. He’s a bit good, isn’t he? Took me a while to work out the proper orientation of feet and backpack for car and chopper modes but they’re beautiful when done right. I think I’m missing a trick with the backpack in robot mode though, as it’s still quite prominent and hollow.

In other news, my WJ Computronesque combiner arrived today. Will post my impressions when I can crack the package open tonight.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Phy posted:

From what I have read/seen on youtube the Big Bike Robo is decent.

SECRET SANTA CHECKIN: How are y'all doing? Gifts on their way to you / on their way to your Santees? The stuff I'm giving is on its way to me, hopefully will get here before Canada Post's shipping cutoff. Anyway, lmk. PM, or email at physecretsanta@protonmail.com

Gifts sent, UPS reports delivery was on Tuesday. Now I'm kinda hoping it got to the right place.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

Ah ha! Was this from you, because if so many thanks! There was no note or name or anything, so I had no clue. One of these is pretty interesting, and amused me no end. :P

It was indeed! I put the order in about 2am, or I'd have figured out how to add some kind of indication to the package that it was your Transformers Secret Santa.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Just as I was heading out of the door to travel south for Xmas, a package arrived! I’m pretty sure it’s from my TF secret Santa! I won’t have a chance to open it until I return, but will share the joy when I do.

Thanks, Santa! Thanta.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

When last I posted in this thread...

DigitalRaven posted:

Just as I was heading out of the door to travel south for Xmas, a package arrived! I’m pretty sure it’s from my TF secret Santa! I won’t have a chance to open it until I return, but will share the joy when I do.

Thanks, Santa! Thanta.

Like an idiot, I promptly forgot about it in the haze of recovering from spending too long with my family. However! After some prodding, I unearthed the box, and as the prophecy foretold, the mysterious package was indeed from my Santa! On a dark and stormy (well, drizzly) night, I carefully tore it open. What treasures await?

A heckin' great load of Transformers, that's what!

First up, some Spychangers (and a GoBot!):

That's Prowl, Side Burn, Ironhide, and Dumper (snigger)

They're all cute enough, but this picture doesn't do enough justice to just how fuckin' huge the Spychanger chests are. Also, Dumper has a great transformation. The way the knee joint is angled to split the lower legs in robot mode is classic.

But that's not the only Side Burn:

Yes, the original RiD Side Burn. RiD (2001) was a loving amazing toyline, I've got to say. Sure, Ultra Magnus' robot mode was basically a pair of boots with some guns attached, but Optimus Prime/Omega Prime, Landfill, Prowl/Side Burn/X-Brawn, Rail Racer, Megatron, Sky Bite... those were some drat fine transformers. I love them, to the point that selling them to afford a move really hurt and every so often I consider getting a Prime and Ultra Magnus from eBay until my bank account kicks me in the genitals.

Transforming this lad is a trip. By which I mean I'm pretty sure that the designer was on acid. I must admit to having a thing for complex transformations, and this is one of those figures that I absolutely love. If you don't get it juuuuuust right, the front bumper pops off the shoulder and the left arm refuses to sit right and your eyes well up in frustration right as a voice behind you says, "No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering."

I know this figure got a lot of complaints at the time for being a shellformer, and it is, but as movie Crosshairs has shown us, shellformers can be cool. He's not got kibble, it's a cape! Honest!

Moving on, we have this lad, who I do not recognise.

I have no idea who this is. The transformation is pretty much G1 Grimlock, but the spines on the back and the head crest put me in mind of some kind of Godzilla, while the weird green bits make me think of early Beast Wars. Nope, no clue.

Sadly, he arrived with arm and tail both terminally detached but such is the way of old figures.

Speaking of older figures...

G2 Jolt! He's a classy sod and no mistake. I could probably get his engine glowing again if I had patience (and batteries), but that is a project for another time, when I've not got a worrying amount of cheap gin to get through.

Transformation is interesting mostly on account of the weird waist joint — it's got a rubber-band providing waist articulation like 90s GI Joe figures, which means it's floppy as gently caress. But it's also oddly satisfying, so it's not like I'm going to complain.

From a similar era, also bearing a G2 Decepticon insignia, we have Machine Wars Skywarp!

This is Skywarp's rebellious teen phase, isn't it? "I'm not wearing your black, DAD! I'm gonna rebel and do something TOTALLY UNTHINKABLE!"

Transformation is nice and smooth, as befits an automorphing gimmick, and he does have both parts of his gun secured in the backs of his legs. What a nifty wee figure.

Another figure I have no idea about!

I mean, I know it's Inferno, but I've never seen him in a red-and-yellow deco like this. Has to be based off the G2 version as the fists aren't spring-loaded, but it's a lively looking chap, if a little floppy. Then again, when I was in primary school my mate Peter had an Inferno I remember that being plenty floppy at the time, and that was the mid-1980s. Possibly just how they were.

As if this cavalcade of classic treasures weren't enough, the box had yet more treasures!

I hadn't had a chance before now to pick up a copy of Transformers '84, good to know I won't have to go a-hunting.

A couple of boxes remain.

And of course on cracking open the flap, suddenly POP-UP SOUNDWAVE!

I love Soundwave. The toy, the character, just brilliant. This lad looks to be sealed, so I'm going to leave him like that for now.

One last thing awaits.

Transformers Collection Astrotrain.

Replete with the TF World Cards

And in the beautiful original white and black colours. Again, the box looks like it's never been opened, and it's staying that way.

Thank you, Santa, whoever you are. These were some most excellent gifts that brought me a lot of joy, and sparked me to wibble on about Transformers for longer than I have in some time.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Open Marriage Night posted:

I’m from the Detroit area, so, of course it’s automotive. Should have went to college.

Since it’s a new year/decade: What’s everyone’s favorite Transformers figure? I only have two, and it’s a tough choice between classic G1 Soundwave, and 35th Anniversary Optimus Prime.

Every time I try to answer that I come up with a different answer. My favourite figure that I have on display right now is either Unique Toys Challenger (Movie 4/5 Prime) or MechFansToys Flame Commander (G1 Hot Rod/Rodiumus) — UT Challenger is a wonderful piece of engineering, and Flame Commander is packed full of options, everything from shin covers for animation accuracy as opposed to the toy-accurate main shins, to a much more effective car & truck transformation than something like PotP, a neatly updated version of the G1 trailer, and a really nicely done targetmaster.

My favourite of all time? RiD(2001) Omega Prime. The Prime and Magnus are the first two toys I picked up when I came back to Transformers as an adult, and I regret that I had to sell them back in 2006.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Are those Journey to the West transformers??

... holy poo poo, they are.

I must have them. :shepspends:

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

ALL HAIL DEATH CHICKEN!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Keltar posted:

Box art you can applaud.

gently caress box art, that’s van art right there.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Transformation video for Toyworld's Freedom Leader (Bumblebee movie Optimus Prime)

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av96717703/

Oooft. This thing is going to require tolerances that I don't know exist to avoid paint damage. The fuel tanks on the legs near the end looked terrifying, the later stages of the arms and cab-sides are panel-licious, but I'm pretty sure one point of the collarbone transformation involved rotating it through the fourth dimension.

It's complex and beautiful and I love it.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

Speaking of Hound, the Siege toy's packaging is lying about being about being able to give him his shouldergun isn't it? Apart from the back kibble being in the way the port isn't the right size. Great toy though, got it mostly on impulse with man-of-the-hour Spinister.

Nope? Takes a bit of work but it fits just fine...