Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I think the spotlights are buried amongst the other collections, like Drift's is in Origins & Empires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Gigapower Dinobots are the toys I wanted as a child.

My only complaint is Swoops red paint around the face has chipped a little because of how the dino face flips up.

I'm hella envious. If I get this new job it'll be awful hard not to try tracking these down for myself... (and probably paying a fuckton for them)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Rhyno posted:

FansHobby is doing a Thunderclash! Neat!

The greatest Transformer that ever lived? Sign me up!

(assuming I actually have money any time soon)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Already funded! I really hope this gets off the ground and goes through and not C&D'd to extinction by Hasbro...

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Welp, new job acquired so I caved and pre-ordered Superator. Gonna be a tough wait for his royal chonkiness to arrive!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

In no particular order:

* Starscream
* Grimlock
* Devestator

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Rhyno posted:

FINALLY

Snap (though I haven't taken any pics of my new plastic and metal son). Not bad for expected release in November! :)

Did yours have any flame bits? Mine didn't, but the description on the pre-order page mentions he has some. Faulty description maybe?

Have GigaPower announced any new stuff yet? They need to do some Decepticons to stand against the Dinos...

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Ugh somehow the pin's fallen out of the little finger on my Superator and vanished. Anyone have any tips on replacing them?

Also a general warning to be careful with his fingers I guess, I've spotted another couple of pins that were working loose.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK so TFN has been and gone and I have somehow found myself with a full set of Gigapower Dinobots...

Anyone have any tips on extending Swoop's flying stand? The extendy bit seems stuck in the main body and I haven't been able to find any instructions online on how to get it out (I'm assuming there's some sort of locking system).

Also a couple of them don't have eye paint on the dino heads so I'll need to figure out how to add that...

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

sba posted:

there's a pin in the stand, and there should be stickers for the eyes

Ta, I figured out the stand, apparently the pin was getting stuck and needed a bit more effort to click out and free up the stand. I'll take a look in the boxes for the stickers but I don't recall seeing any, should they be in the same plastic bags as the instructions?

I got my boys on display anyway, I need to get them a better home:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Surprised no-one has discussed the most important features of the Hasbro Unicron here...

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Not quite Transformers but this guy arrived and I can't wait to get cracking-

I need to decide if I'm going to paint the yellow bits gold to match my other Grimlocks...

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I thought Whirl's thing was that he didn't want to get his hands back because then he'd have nothing to get angry about?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Knormal posted:

I bet Megatron turning into a jet was a relic of this unproduced triple-changer concept.

Dammit now I really kinda want this as a figure, some weird Megatron/Skywarp version of Punch/Counterpunch

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

That trailer kinda devolves into 'lets see how many movie lines we can throw in' near the end.

Also surely they should just use Broadside and Tidal Wave as the main ships?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

BizarroAzrael posted:

I did after Chris McFeely tweeted it was better than Siege.

It's better than Siege.

Hardly a high bar tbh.

Earthrise felt weird, like they'd gotten the feedback about Siege being slow and ponderous and over-reacting, some of the plot elements felt rushed. If Siege was a 4 episode show stretched to 6, Earthrise was 8 episodes condensed to 6.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I want SS86 Sludge to be Commander class and come with the accessory of a giant door with a crushed prosecutor underneath it.

I'm hoping SS86 will finish all 5 dinobots. Snarl is technically in the movie (for all of about 2 seconds in the ruins of Autobot City...)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I really hope Gigapower works on something new soon instead of just recolours of the Dinobots. I'd love to see them take on the Predacons.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Sockser posted:

Wow
Kingdom rattrap has no business going as hard as he does and being that good for a little legends figure.
I’m in awe at this little beast

Core class Starscream is also an excellent figure and my current deskbot of choice.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Knormal posted:

Also an unfertilized/dud reptile egg! :eng101:

Really I think the best soundalike name for Slag would have been Slog, it avoids the awkward gastropod connotation while still fitting a Dinobot's character. But for some reason they decided to use that to rename movie Sludge, who didn't need a rename in the first place.

While a good idea, there's already a Slog in G1 so I don't think they'd do that. (nothing is sacred in the Bayverse however).

I kind of want to see more new Dinobots get added to the crew in the G1 style, POTP Slash was a nice lil bot even if she didn't turn into a sword for Volcanicus.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Jeep bot looks ace, I'm genuinely surprised they did such an extensive remould / retool and didn't just recolour Hound or Trailblazer or something

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Made my first foray into customising with this G1 Dinobot style Pteraxodon called Shred. Screwed up a bit with the varnishing but seems to have come out mostly OK.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Bad news re the Scorponok reissue in the UK, Hasbro apparently dropped the ball:

SCORPONOK UPDATE - Posting about the Deluxe Scorponok's arrival this week seems to have prompted a flurry of emails asking about the Titan Class Scorponok figures availability so read on below for some clarification -
Titan Class Scorponok has already had a reissue in the USA, We have already sold all the available units we had and do not expect anymore. The UK reissue of Scorponok was cancelled due to Hasbro UK not being able to obtain the stock so as it stands Scorponok is currently discontinued and we do not anticipate it becoming available again at any point in the future but this may change depending on Hasbro.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Was excited to receive my Casus from Omegalock today.

Unfortunately was let down by a critical missing part and snapped screw when transforming him...

Now onto the pain of getting him replaced.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

All the wrecker recolours been previewed.

The 'collect em all' hammer is made of cardboard...

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Medullah posted:

Anyone have recommendations for adding shelves to Detolfs? I've got 3 of them and while they're technically "full" I wouldn't mind adding a shelf or two since there's a lot of empty space between them with the smaller figures

Take a look for DASIK shelves. There are probably other branded versions too. I have a set of them and they're easy enough to install.

Found these on eBay if it helps: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353500869021

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Only seen a few episodes but I dig the new sassy Megatron. I also appreciate that Mandroid hates being called that (at least originally, not seen enough to know if he adopts the name).

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Looks to be a pure recolour with no remoulding. Think I'll give Omega Bluepreme a pass unless it drops down to Black Zarak prices...

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Also confirmed are Devcon, Beachcomber, Dirge, Nemesis Lio Prime and a purple decepticon retool of Scraphook.

I'm somewhat disappointed they're splitting up the Junkions between Autobots and Decepticons, I'd have much preferred they be their own faction, like the Mercenaries and Quintessons.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Nodosaur posted:

The Junkions have been Autobot-affiliated since the 80's. They don't even have their own symbol.

They were allied with the Autobots but weren't branded. The almanac from the time has a unique 'Junkion' frame and panel.

It would have been simple enough to add a new symbol like they did for the Mercenaries instead of shoehorning them in to the Autobots (and Decepticons too now). Or even leave them without a symbol.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Nodosaur posted:

That's not from G1, that's a later profile book.

As for not being branded...

I get that the G1 toy of Wreck-gar had the symbol but iirc other media didn't. And yes that's a later almanac but I couldn't find a pic of the page from the original one (that dumbass younger me lost in a house move or something) but I think this was the picture from it.

My general point is that they've shown willingness in the past to not have the Junkions just be more Autobots and it's a shame they didn't embrace that with the new figures, given the existence of the Mercenaries and Quintessons in the modern range.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

TaurusOxford posted:

Look at this beautiful chonk of a combiner team.

Ooops! All Tarns

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Keldroc posted:

He's not. This is why Lorenzo's babbling was so ridiculous. The script is completely incompatible with the events of the Bay films, no matter how much some of the producers want it to be otherwise.

To be entirely fair, the events of the Bay films are incompatible with the events of the Bay films, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Official Nemesis pics are out - https://news.tfw2005.com/2023/05/02/legacy-evolution-titan-nemesis-official-reveal-481854

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Sockser posted:

What’s even left for making Titan class figs of?

Not gonna happen but I'd love a Junkion ship in the vein of the Ark and Nemesis. A real sleek sexy import with turbo handling.