Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I would have preferred Jazz to Wheeljack, but Wheeljack is cool, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ka0 posted:

Not buying Smokescreen until they give him the alternators' blue and yellow attire.
Why would they paint a classic Datsun in modern Subaru Racing livery?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

Well, now DOMA's been canned, I can go marry my boo, and buy TFs as was intended. From an American Target.
I was going to say you're wrong, but I realized that, no, you're correct, since DOMA would prevent you from using being married as a way to enter the country. (I think a lot of people are confused and think lifting DOMA means gay marriage is legal nationwide which is, sadly, not the case at all.)

In any case, congrats!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

A Whirl might get me into this stupid hobby. I almost bought Springer last night but decided against it, but I love Whirl as a character.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

When do these typically actually go on sale? I need that Soundwave.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Looks like Bumblebee gets a second form in Transformers 4:

http://jalopnik.com/here-is-the-cra...dium=socialflow

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Revolver Bunker posted:

That was before I got back into Transformers and had income to spend. Is he even possible to find in box for a decent price nowadays?
This was about the last time I was really into the toys. They immediately followed it up with Armada which were awful toys.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Smoke posted:

For me the best Shockwave is still Binaltech Shockwave. If only because of that gorgeous paintjob he has.

Also he's an RX-8.

Ugh, I wish I had a Binaltech instead of an Alternator.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Blackheart posted:

So apparently the "fan-built" transformer will be a "Fembot Seeker with a sword"
Why the hell would more people vote for a sword over NUNCHUCKS?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Honestly, they didn't do a very good job with the DeLorean, but I kind of feel obligated to buy it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Knormal posted:

i just ordered Soundwave off of toysrus.com, go, go now!

Sold out already drat.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TeeFury has a couple Tarnsformers, uh, "inspired" t-shirts today.

http://www.teefury.com

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It doesn't even show up in a search for me now. :(

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Well, I just won a Soundwave on ebay. I guess that's that.

Time to sell the Energon and Alternators stuff I have sitting in boxes.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sigh. I could get one but my overpriced eBay one came yesterday. It's a fantastic toy.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah my Soundwave's left finger likes to pop out if I pull a bit too hard, as well. Only complaint I have about him. Okay, that, and I wish the Megatron gun would peg into his hand like his regular gun.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gammatron 64 posted:

Sometimes I fantasize about mostly faithful live-action adaptations of Gundam 0079, Macross and Evangelion but that'll never happen. Pacific Rim was the closest I'll ever get, and I really, really hope it's not the last time I see the genre represented on the big screen.
I think 08th MS Team would make a good live action film and appeal to American audiences reasonably well, too.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Those three Minicon planes that combined into a sword were totally in scale!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I like how his guns have guns.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The BSS spoiler rules apply to general discussion threads for comics. It's kind of hard to characterize this thread as that because it encompasses toys (primarily), TV shows (secondarily), and comics (tertiarily).

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

SlothfulCobra posted:

They should give him a briefcase accessory.

You know damned well they will sell it separately and it will be $10.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Will Thunderclash come with an autographed datapad?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I just want a Rung toy that turns into an ornament.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'm not gonna pretend RiD was a good show, but Sky-byte made it watchable sometimes. I really do like Sky-Byte and Scourge from RiD a lot. And RiD was an awesome toyline.
RiD single-handedly revived my interest in stupid robot toys. Then Armada promptly killed it. Alternators was cool, too.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Veg posted:

Shifting away from this mess.......

Whats everyones favourite figure ever?

Its such a tough one to say. But the one I keep thinking of right away is Animated Rodimus. Hes definitely a figure of his time, sleek as but still almost regal looking. And he was a bitch to get.

RiD Prime

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rita Repulsa posted:

Personally I'm bothered by armada prime ranking higher than powermaster prime.
I'm bothered by him ranking higher than anyone but Cybertron Prime.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

He's a really big dude. Metroplex is city-sized.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rythe posted:

Edit: I have no clue where the heck Springer's sword goes in Helicopter mode too.
It's the rotor. :confused:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Chicago pizza is delicious as long as you're going at it from the angle that it is completely unlike what you expect when you order pizza. Think of it more as a hearty tomato and sausage pie and you're golden.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I don't understand why you're so eager to defend it. People are always saying it's ok if something is lovely because it's "for kids" but kids should be raised on high-quality fun, so they have good taste as adults. IMO, etc.
The Transformers I was raised on required two or three flips to get from car to robot and had little articulation beyond moving arms around.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm getting Prowl since I enjoy him as a character. But now I want Smokescreen also.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Supercars, in general, are tiny. They don't look it in solo photos, but are very much so in reality. I sat in a new Viper the other night, and the top of the windscreen was below my 6'1" eye level.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm still waiting on a Rung figure with "ornament" alt mode.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Heh, I believe you mean trilbot. :smug:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Phy posted:

So what you're saying is that Bay is the ideal director for a Stardust The Super-Wizard vehicle

!!!

gently caress.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Actually, on second thought, I dunno. Stardust was generally more creative than just killing bad guys. Like, they will often end up dead, but not before being turned into a tiny person with a giant head then being dropped into a pit of 100 slow poison snakes (only 3 actually drawn).

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I got my Masterpiece Smokescreen yesterday, and you guys weren't kidding about that one chest bit being hard to snap in. I missed doing it as I was going and couldn't figure out why the chest wouldn't quite stay down, then I realized I had to shove that in. I dunno if he'll ever be a car again.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

My Target just has Constructbots and tons of Beast Hunters stuff and like one hook with some Legends Generations stuff (Megatron and Starscream) I'm not at all interested in. :(

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Zaa Boogie posted:

So when're we getting Super FamiConvoy?
Sega do what Nintendon't. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ehhhh. You guys are over-estimating how much Disney World costs. Would it be *cheap*? No, but you can find timeshares or long-term stay hotels available for probably less than renting an apartment in a city, and then just seasonal or annual passes for everyone for park entry. Food can be done cheaply if you limit what you eat inside the parks. Orlando is not really an expensive city if you get away from the major tourist areas.