Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Keldroc posted:

Speaking of which, you know who's 13 years old next year? This guy:

That was before I got back into Transformers and had income to spend. Is he even possible to find in box for a decent price nowadays?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Geared Hub posted:

Sometime in 2021, in addition to what's stated above there was a rights fight in Japan as well. The distribution company Tatsunoko sold all international rights to Harmony Gold in the early 80's. It's unconfirmed but I heard in my work in animation HG got Macross for basically $50,000 for all markets outside Japan :v:. (I'm sure Tatsunoko is getting much more money than that now)

Back then the Japanese industry didn't really care that much about foreign markets, until the 90's or so when they realised there was money to be had here if a show took off.

Big West and Studio Nue, the finance company and animation studio which produced Macross was ruled as the true owners of Macross and the only authority that can license Macross internationally. Problem is that ruling only stands in Japan as US courts have ruled its Harmony Gold that owns the rights. Tatsunoko keeps getting a check from HG to maintain the US/International deal so hey, free money.

The final twist is that Tatsunoko is owned by Takara now, which is partners with Hasbro, so if it wasn't for the long off lease terms [2021 according to the lawsuit] Hasbro could probably ask Takara to give HG the boot for Macross rights and reassign them to Hasbro.

I'm sure bandai would love that.. since they have macross deals with big west and studio nue.

So yes, it's a big :can:

I'm still wondering why HG didn't do anything with the Classics Jetfire when it came out and the subsequent repaints. Hell the second repaint was in Max's Valkyrie colors.

HG is also the reason I'll never to own Macross Frontier on blu-ray without buying the Japanese copies. The new Valk toys are getting better too. I want that triple changing Koeing Monster drat it.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'm pretty sure it's not Rodimus as he appears on some Dark Cybertron covers, I believe.

Ikea Detolfs.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10011055/

I'll second this recommendation. They are great display cases with good viewing angles and a port above to add lighting should you choose to. It seems to be the defacto display case for a lot of collectors.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Does anyone have the Generations Deluxe Orion Pax toy? He looks pretty solid in the pictures but is he actually a nice mold to own or kind of hollow like the Bruticus toys?

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
MP Ultra Magnus....I may even pony up the extra cash for the Takara Version. Any time frame for release? Probably not 2013 I assume.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

The_Doctor posted:

:greatgift: Welcome to the Transformers Megathread Secret Santa! :greatgift:

If you're new to this Secret Santa malarkey, we all throw our names into my hat, receive a random name, and send that person a lovely gift of Transformers goodies, toys, candy, maybe some booze, and all around a big ol' ball of holiday cheer! It's fun, trust me. No really.

SIGNING UP:

1) Send an email to :siren: doctorwhosecretsanta [at] gmail [dot] com :siren: In the subject, please include the tag [TFSS] as I am running another Secret Santa (the Doctor Who one, duh) and don’t want to confuse the two.

Your email should include everything you think your Santa might need to know:

• Your forums name (linked to your profile)
• Your actual name & address, including postal/zip code.
• Whether or not you are willing to ship internationally (a big help, given the international nature of the internet).
• Tell your Santa a little about yourself, to get an idea of what kind of gift you might like. Your TF-related interests, what you like to read, your favourite video games, unique hobbies, clothing size if you'd like t-shirts or something like that, etc.

2) Post in this thread! Tell us what kinds of stuff you're into! Once Santas are assigned, we're all going to be trying to figure each other out, so some healthy conversation will help things go smoothly.

3) DEADLINE: The deadline for sign-ups is Saturday, November 23rd! #SAVETHEDAY Assignments should go out shortly thereafter.

4) BUDGET: Somewhere in the $20-$30 (£15-20) range (before shipping). You're welcome to spend more, but that's no guarantee you'll get that much in return. Gag gifts are cool, but please include some kind of actual gift.

5) COLLEGE STUDENTS: Remember that these gifts will likely go out around the holiday break, so be mindful of which address you give me. If you have any concerns about packages being stolen from your doorstep, use the address of your work/friend/parents, just so long as it's cool with them.

4) INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: If you sign up for this, you are agreeing to the possibility of getting an international address. The USPS international price calculator can be found here.

5) SHIPPING DEADLINES:
• International - Friday December 13th (This is the UK to US last shipping date, so I'd imagine the same is true vice versa)
• Within the same country - Wednesday December 18th

6) WHEN YOUR GIFT ARRIVES: Show us your loot! You can wait until Christmas morning if you want, but still, show us all the awesome goodies Santa brought you.

7) LATE PACKAGES: If you haven't received your gift by January 1st, let me know so I can look into it. If you haven't SENT your gift by December 18th, let me know so I can contact your recipient.

8) DON'T BE A DEADBEAT: If you sign up, please get your person something. Nobody likes a deadbeat santa.

9) FINALLY: A Merry Christmas to all of you at home!

Sweet, last time I participated it was great fun. I'm down for this year. Thanks for setting this up.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

SpikeMcclane posted:

I'd say more Thrudgelmir.

I am okay with this too. Though there better be a quote about how there's nothing Grimlock's Hammer can not smash.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
If any WA goons are interested the Toys R Us in Bellevue has some of the new generations toys out last night. I saw Waspinator, Skids, Dreadwing, and Goldfire. Seeing Goldfire I regret not picking up Goldbug while I was in Japan. Even with Goldbug's mismatched paints scheme.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I watched Energon and Cybertron as the actual shows with subtitles. I found Superlink and Galaxy Force pretty fun to watch as a Japanese childrens cartoon. The English dub of those were terrible though and I still don't know why they ad-libbed filler lines when there wasn't any lines spoken originally. I love the toy lines that came with them. I saw some of the Transformers Go toys when I was in Japan and they looked really bad in person with the plastic looking cheap and fragile.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Keldroc posted:

I mean the good down-to-earth Gundam show whose name I didn't bother to Google before mentioning it because I assumed people who knew the show would be competent enough to figure out what I was referring to.

The only other show I can think of that would fit that is Gunparade March. Not the Orchestra one but the older on that came out in early 2000s. It ran the cliche of high school kids pilot robots but had a more grounded tone about battles and war.

Wasn't there suppose to be an anime made to go with Transformers GO! or was that just a rumor?

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Joe Fisto posted:

This is what the vehicle mode looks like on a 60 dollar toy. For $18, I'm pleased to have a huge, ugly Optimus. For $60 I'd return this POS.

Does he feel heavy at all or is he mostly hollow?

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Got my secret santa box in the mail yesterday. Going to wait till Xmas to open it and then I'll post pictures.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Just want to thank my Secret Santa for being awesome. I don't have either of these and I've never seen that version of Evac before. Thanks for the M&Ms as well. I love the Christmas bags that they came in.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I hope my Secret Santa got their gift. I checked USPS and it said that it was delivered. I'm always iffy about how well USPS handles delivering packages. Hope it arrived to the intended recipient. :ohdear:

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Are the TF comics work getting into? I've read a the few that came with the newest generation lined toys. I like the one that came with Skids and Thundercrakers was not bad. Are those actually from the running comics or one offs?

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Keldroc posted:

Age of Extinction Premium Edition Optimus Prime Revealed

Well, that is certainly...um...that is to say, it's very...er...

Jesus Christ, Hasbro. :cripes:

At this point I can't even say that it's Optimus Prime anymore. The classic imagery isn't there anymore. No mouth guard, no chest windows, and he's more silver then red or blue. You take the truck plating off of him and you could sell him as an Ultraman and people would buy that.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Knormal posted:

Then you're in luck.

I'll be honest. I feel more inclined right now to pick those up then the movie toys. Bumblecycle, Optimus Rex and Inferno speed boat all look really cool.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Xenomrph posted:

I got this really sweet email from BBTS regarding my Goldfire/Waspinator wave preorder:

:sigh:

If I ever see either would you like me to pick them up for you?

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Arsenal_12 posted:

So there's in hand pictures of the First Edition movie Prime we saw a few weeks ago. It's a little bigger than ROTF Prime and MP10. It is also the ugliest transforming toy you will see today.

He really looks more like a super robot then a transformer.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
While browsing through Amazon Japan I came upon this Movie Optimus Prime. This isn't the same as the bop and smash shell former that was linked pages back is it?

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
It's it worth getting Year of the Horse Optimus Prime? Is he a repainted MP-10 Prime?

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Gammatron 64 posted:

You say that like every Target doesn't look like that.

Mine are actually all barebones right now. Splattering of prime beast toys and some sad generations tapes.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

I want that SO badly right now.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I picked up Slug and Scorn this week and I have to say that I really like their alt and bot modes. The knight motif is really cool and the hulked out dino mode is fun. How many more dinobots will we get as toys? I saw the movie version of Swoop but it was in the easy change toys. I'm still on the fence with Voyager Grimlock and I might wait for the two pack.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I was 2 when G1 first aired. I watched G1 and G2 religiously as a kid. Caught some of Transformers Victory and Head Masters while in Hong Kong visiting relatives in the 90s. Didn't really pick back up until Beast Wars started up. I never got a chance to by any G1 toys when I was little. My first Transformers toys were from the Energon series when I started watching Superlink. I believe my very first buy was Roadbuster and Jetfire. Then it was Galaxy Force, Classics, Movie, and Generation toys. So much money has been spent since then.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Has the Hasbro Roadbuster or Jetfire been released yet? I keep seeing them online but no where else yet.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

404GoonNotFound posted:

So looking at those stores, does anyone know how much AmiAmi would usually charge for shipping on those? They tend to refuse estimates on pre-orders and I just noticed that TFsource's 170 price puts it in contention for Free Shipping. so... drat, this just got tricky. loving hell, pre-orders closed at AmiAmi.

Not sure if you're still interested but it's back up as a provisional preorder right now. http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...0%24pagecnt%3D1

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Blackheart posted:

You can get plenty of poses outta Windblade by cleverly using the tip of her feet with her heels somewhat like a tripod. I heard fakebuster was trying to make a Sarah Stone style face but I'm happy with the regular one. There'd be too many expressions to choose from if you tried to use one from the comic, too.

There's some video reviews of Chromia and Arcee already, I like both of them more the more I see, back kibble or not.

I was worried that Windblade would be back heavy but she looks pretty stable. Going to have to try to find her and Arcee for a decent price. Nice Samus Figma too.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I managed to find a Jetfire at Toys R Us in Bellevue yesterday. Debated on the Optimus two pack for a while but the lack of a face plate ultimately netted a pass since I already had a Classic Prime. Picked up the Voyager class Grimlock as well. Now I'm just missing Snarl and Slog. What are people's opinion of the Amazon G1 repaint of Slog? Is he worth the 35 they want for him? Is Snarl officially out yet or is that in a wave coming up?

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Rhyno posted:

Just get the one I linked, for $17 you can't go wrong.
http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-...ansformers+slog

Sold! Just ordered one. Now to wait for Snarl to sell for under $20.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

The_Doctor posted:

So... Talking of Secret Santa.. Who's up for it?

Late to the party but I'd be cool doing Secret Santa again. Though I'm not sure if my present ever got to my Secret Santa last year.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Since there's no way for me to get a Faceplate AoE MAC truck prime without having to buy the five pack I just caved and bought the original AoE voyager prime. I like his colors better then the TRU two pack.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
So I finally caved on waiting and picked up the AoE Voyager Hidden Prime. I like his alt mode a lot and the transformation is interesting. I have more love for the toy now when I realize that with the way Prime's chest panels open and close that he's the closes I'll ever get to the Titanfall Prime. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX2qCpRxilM

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

The_Doctor posted:

All the secret santas have gone out now! Check your (e-)mailboxes! :toot:

I know it's been said before but thank you so much for organizing this. I look forward to spreading the primus cheer.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

funtax posted:

Found Windblade today. Very nice robot mode with FANTASTIC paint apps. Her weapon is excellent.

Unfortunately, her vehicle mode is kind of awful. Loose and fiddly with tons of gaps. Landing gear isn't flush with the ground if you slot her weapon in. Very disappointing.

Overall, if you can find her on sale, she's definitely worth $10. At full price, she's kind of a toss up.

I picked her up on Amazon over the weekend and I have to agree that her alt mode isn't very sturdy. It is amusing that her hands are holding onto the wings like a flying squirrel. Bot mode though is great and the sword with sheath is a nice weapon.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

I have this and I can tell you that it's amazing in so many ways. Partially diecast, eyes can rotate around to reveal the cockpit, and the individual characters are great. I've dubbed their combined form Waltron.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Acne Rain posted:

So you can rotate its arms without feeling like you're going to snap them? Saw peaughs review ages ago and the thin plastic rods the arm connectors are on bothered me.

Parts of it feel fragile. The arms definitely need a bit of care when combining them together but once put together its a solid hold. The arm and leg connections on mine are pretty solid and don't pop out. If anything they're a little too snug at times and breaking it back down to the individual parts takes some care. The only piece I've had break was oddly the steamboat head where the part that becomes the face snapped off when I wasn't paying attention and bent it in a direction it shouldn't go. As individual units their legs and arms have a limited range of motion but they can all stand just fine on their own. I'll see if I can upload a picture of mine. I can say that it looks great as the crew and all combined.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

PriNcessofDarXness posted:

Hey, I was just curious cause I know at least a couple of you are Macross fans, is there somewhere that I can go to see lists of the toys they've made of each type of valkyrie? Kinda like how TFWiki has lists of figures for each character. I'm looking to start collecting those really high detail looking ones (from Yamato I think?) and wanted to start building up a list of them.

Thread contributing material: I just saw that G2 Sideswipe masterpiece dude and he is loving rad. Anyone have this guy and can tell me if this variant of the mold has any issues or finicky bits? It'll be my first MP.

I'm not at my computer so I don't have the link for a database. But you can check hobby link Japan at hlj.com to see what toys are still being sold. The fully transformable Valkyries are something around 170 a piece.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Mailed out my secret Santa on Monday. Should make it to it's Santaee some time this week. I hope I did okay with my present. I got my secret Santa yesterday but I'm going to wait till the 25 th to open mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Captain Magic posted:

My Secret Santa, Revolver Bunker, is a beautiful person. I opened my gifts immediately because I am not at work and have no self-control.

Look at that beautiful wrapping job. I am put to shame by this wrapping.

Big lego robot! Optimus ornament (Optiment? Ornamus?) Consumables! I am a lucky dude. Thank you!

ALSO! My own Secret Santee's gift is like, still tied up in loving China even though I ordered it two weeks ago, and I have no idea if they actually addressed it to him or not. (I am so sorry. I didn't know they were based in China until well after I paid). So I sent a small gift via Amazon so that good person would have something in time for Christmas. More is on the way, good person!

I'm glad you like it. I couldn't find any G1s around so I thought an Ornament Prime of a G1 would be a good close. I love that particular Lego set because its a giant mech that eject its cockpit and still turn into another mech. Merry Christmas! :)