Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Officially lost soundwave's pointer finger :(

Metroplex is amazing though. City mode rocks. We have JRX parked in the legs getting train fuel, and duplo cars are parking in the chest garage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

Keldroc posted:

Edit: Transformers GO! Dragon-Train Optimus revealed and...

I would hate it, but it makes me laugh too much.

I think they hit the mark with my 4 year old.
Bullet Train, Check
Dragon, Check
Robot... Who cares, DRAGON TRAIN

Also, I may actually budget for this one. Six gun was the bomb

Vaporware fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Oct 22, 2013

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

Arsenal_12 posted:

Fansproject just put up pictures of their new addition to the Warbot series. No name, but Not-Roadbuster can do for now, I guess.

Woah, now that looks good. Lovin the reimagined dorvack roadbuster

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Good enough to get reprimanded for!

Octopus Approved!

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
lolling at skidsblast

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Hott
Now we introduce the concept of Autobot seekers and drive this into the ground

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Until netflix I had no idea that I had missed so many episodes as a kid.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

Did optimus take his face too?

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
I miss going to botcon when interesting news like this is announced. :(

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

Ka0 posted:

Took out Scoria for some fun last friday

SO Shiny... Must resist shiny...

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

Knormal posted:

Miss out on Giant and Hercules? There's a new third-party Devastator on the horizon!

Well, at least it'll probably be affordable.

That's an awesome animated version. If it's soft vinyl then it becomes the perfect sandbox devastator.

edit: not soft vinyl, apparently an actionmaster style articulated figure.

Vaporware fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Aug 20, 2014

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Yeah I got the packaging art book. Best transformers purchase in years.
I actually wish they had more asides about the history of the style.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

DisposableHero posted:

So maybe an odd request but I'd like to dip my toe in the 3rd party pool but there have been quite a few in recent years and while I've read everyone's opinions on each in that time it's all kinda a blur.

Can anyone recommend a few that are a decent intersection between quality and price? I'd like to not spend a ton and I'm assuming some older releases are more expensive now just due to supply.

Speaking out of experience with 3A toys, which has by far the widest gamut of out-of-print prices, I would say don't look ahead for your first purchase. You will be saving tens of dollars for a non-zero chance of a stinker.

I totally understand not wanting to pay a premium for way back items like the original magnus Classics shell, but don't be turned off just because you have to pay more than retail for the privilege of not having to beta test the design.

I've been out of the 3P loop for a while, but I did get a chance to play with the Gears/what's his face (I can't believe I'm blanking on this guy's name. The metallurgist bartender darling of the community) 2 pack and it was very reasonably priced for a pair of great figures.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
That's sad, I always liked their ratchet.
Edit: in the, I am never going to buy it, but I wish then the best kind of way that is.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Biscuit chat ITT. Letting the cat out of the bag here but check your freezer aisle for Sister Schubert's biscuits. They are 85% as good as home made with 0 effort. Kroger brand are greasier but half the price.

No drive thru biscuit is acceptable unless you don't have access to 20 minutes and a toaster oven.
Or if you need a chicken biscuit because no way am I breaking out the peanut oil and breading for breakfast.

This message has been approved by the United Georgian Committee on biscuits and gravy.

Prowl chat: he's always been a bastard waiting on his time to shine

Vaporware fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Nov 12, 2014

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

Blackheart posted:

I had no idea these guys existed (Tobot Adventure). It's Vangelus in case you don't like him.

Very rad design I gotta say.

They're huge and sturdy, but apparently they also cost a shitload of money.

You just about can't buy real transformers in korea, these guys are everywhere, and not any cheaper at the source.

Edit: I never got to play with them, but the show is pretty funny in an RID sort of way. There is a hugely fat bad guy who commands an army of cat soldiers.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

Blackheart posted:

Here's an early gallery of famous aerialbot Dragstrip.

I'm liking these dudes more and more, it's surprisingly solid all around.

Looks really good this time around.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
3A is going to be making hobo megatron next
http://www.worldofthreea.com/threea-production-blog/

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

therealjon_ posted:

There are all kinds of people who collect for different reasons. The less rational ones tend to get noticed more because they are usually obnoxious babies if something isn't going their way. I'm sure most people collect 3P Transformers because they are just better quality robots (for the most part).

I've seen about half and half crazies (TROOOFANS) and rationals ("I bought these children's toys as an adult because they are cool").

My theory is that a collector has a decision/crisis point at which they have spent too much money on a single toy. They must at that time decide if they will see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

$400 was when I had to admit toys are fun, but hobbies don't rule my life, you gotta pay the rent, etc. A bit more pride/hubris and I could see myself saying "Hell no toys are my life. F U MORTGAGE COMPANY ROLL OUT!!"

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

Gammatron 64 posted:

I think toy collectors are basically the male equivalent of crazy cat ladies. I fill the emptiness in my soul with plastic robots.

My grandfather had an entire basement devoted to a huge model railway and had like 20 beat up '70s muscle cars in a garage that "he was gonna fix up" so it's probably that too

I think this is true.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
I don't know why people would want to bootleg reprolabels in the first place. It's about as cheap as it can be and the quality is great. They'll do custom prints for nearly the same price as their normals, too.

If someone was so gungho about making bootleg stickers, it's not like you wouldn't be able to make custom decals off any inkjet now. I imagine the hardest part is locating the metallized sticker backs.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
I just don't know where I am supposed to get the money for this hasbro, haven't you heard wages have been flat for the last 4 years????

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Is there a spreadsheet of what the projected damage over 2015 is going to be?
I'm still sketchy on the pricepoints. The torso is like $25? and the limbs are also $25?
Devastator is huge, so it has to be like $150. I can't see it being <$100.

I need to budget this with my accountant/wife.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

SlothfulCobra posted:

Of course, Hasbro just did it because they needed a sixth emergency vehicle and couldn't think of anything better. I guess maybe they could've done a coast guard boat?

An APC is sort of a boat?

Oh! A FEMA Trailer! The perfect Politically Correct 4th? (5th?) protectobot

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

Other posted:

FEMA trailer would be a decepticon on account of the life threatening formaldehyde in them

Well I suppose you could rename the combiner Aldehyde, but that's a long setup for a pun.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
I've been only buying the TPBs, so this is perfect for me.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
RID was a slog, the art was confusing, the story is still confusing, the characterizations are... odd? I was kind of hoping for a dinobot-ironhide combiner, but I will settle for just having caught up and not having to read it again.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Wearing my Mechanical Engineering hat I like that kind of joint. It's a real sweet spot of durability and range of motion. It looks like it's detented, but that might just be detailing.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Yeah, even if I don't end up getting any CW this time around, that first aid is amazing and going on the list of things to get eventually.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Bruticus could just be police cars and swat tanks, they don't even need to remold defensor, just make everything dark blue and black.

The ladder on the fire truck is for taunting people stuck in burning buildings. That is why they put the face on the end.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Plot twist: defensor turns out to actually BE bruticus after allegations of planting evidence and shooting civilians with "firefighting missiles" and "nonlethal gatling shotguns"

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
I find that MTMTE is much more satisfying in trade paperback. It's like bingewatching, and then you have the bonus of completely not remembering what happened last time and you have to re-read! It's like 2 for 1!

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
They've been doing crazy poo poo like that since I went in 2001-2003. Botcon is a high-strung convention.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Uggh, I have to buy SOMETHING to play this game. No consoles, no modern computer. I guess I don't have to choose right now, since the ETA is probably christmas or next year.

THANKS HASBRO!

thanks obama?

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
holy cow you guys, I come back to 400 posts and I expect Devastator to be in someone's house.

Now tell me more about these butt elbows, is this an investment opportunity open to all posters?

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Future will be completely cured in 24hrs as far as I remember. You can also thin it with water.

Pins are easy if you aren't worried about the surface finish around the pinhole. Just place a pair of pliers under the knurled end (look for the side they drove it in on, that needs to come out first) and hammer the non-knurled end with an pick. It should back out just fine.

You don't need to take the pin out unless you have serious issues with the joint. Future will fix most minor issues.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Compare photos of the hand-painted Bruticus taken at Botcon to the photos from SDCC of production-level samples

Yeah Bruticus looks real nice.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
I kind of like it, but I reserve judgement for in-person. Many good color choices just don't photograph well. 3A has taught me that publicity photos just can't capture some things.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Is that some sort of fanfiction? The ad copy reads like a kickstarter campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
I sold my complete G1 Scorps last week. Made me realize I've actually accomplished my goal of getting out of G1 stuff. Pretty much just Fort Max and anyone hiding in the wrong toy bin left.