Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

MP Tigertrack just hit my POL on BBTS! Baby's first Lambo mold!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I bought the other PE Arcee and it was REALLY fragile. I unloaded it when MMC announced their not-Arcee.

This one looks like it has even more little parts that can snap at any given moment, that said it also looks really cool. But I'm getting a little burnt out on $60 - $80 5-inch Transformers.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'm tempted to pay the full price just to get the last two cassettes I need.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Why cookie Rocket posted:

If you do this, I'll pay retail for it WITHOUT those two cassettes. If you can solve the hassle of acquiring one and shipping it, I'd be glad to basically let you have those cassettes for free.

Sounds good to me, since I'm ordering Acid Storm ill be on the site that day anyway. We'll see what happens on July 18th.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

What issues has TFSource had in the past? I was tempted to get in on that Sideswipe, but haven't decided ... if they are a lovely place to buy from I'll just live without it.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Captured Prey does as well, but at the time I thought it was my last shot at Quakewave.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Alright! I was perfectly content not getting Sideswipe, but this works out even better.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

Why is Lambor more expensive than the upcoming Masterpiece cars (Bluestreak, Prowl, and Smokescreen)? They were available for $50 on HLJ a while ago.

Because there was a false panic that Takara-TOMY lost the license for the car and all the people who were hoping Hasbro would do one scrambled to find him after mostp laces sold through their stock. There still is no word if Hasbro will ever do one, but at least now Takara is doing a reissue.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

There's an official one coming later this year if you don't like 3P, just in the green/red color way.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Oh well, grabbed an Acid Storm.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

My TRU had like 7 - 8 Thundercrackers up until about a month ago when I assume they pulled them into the back to make space for other things. I was hoping they'd get a discount at some point, but TRU clearance is almost "why bother?"

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Welp! There is my refund for Acid Storm.

Not quite sure how 100's of their figures just went on sale by mistake but whatever.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

I've got the Chell figure, I managed to get one that actually looks good.

Not going to deny that NECA has questionable quality control. They're at their best when they're making non-human figures. I've got pretty much all of their Predators, and they all kick rear end.

Their Predator Dutch is one of the greatest things made this year. They can do good humans too.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Speaking of BBTS, they killed my wallet this week shipping Hexatron, Last Chance, and a Green Ranger.

I was debating dropping the 3P Stunticons, but now I have four of the five. I'm a bit worried about the Motormaster price considering the cars are all out and still no preorder for the big guy.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Got my Quakewave this week and oh dear lord is he perfect in every way!

I gotta get some batteries, and figure out where some of these extra parts they put in here go ... but everyone should own this guy. He has some real MP quality heft to him and the die cast feet are badass. I haven't transformed him yet because his bot mode is so good, but I'll get to it soon. If you are a MP fan this is one 3P figure not to miss.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Just going over the 3P TFCon slides and oh my god!

I will pay whatever the terrible cost is to get this Swerve! He comes with a tray of cups!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Soundwave appears to be popping in and out of availability on TRU.com. Some people are getting orders in.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Is it supposed to be based off the animated Starscream? Because its dead on to the head we got with that a few years back.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

Does anybody happen to have a Masterpiece Thundercracker for sale? It's the one seeker I missed and the eBay price is already creeping past $100. How much was it at retail?

Around $80.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

MP-01 is taller than MP Soundwave. But MP-10 is pretty even with him.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I think he just looks cool as gently caress and MMC makes great bots.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

MMC just announced another Shockwave.

This one appears to be sized for Classics at about 7" tall. Kind of overlap, but Quakewave is all I need.

Caesarian Sectarian fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Aug 16, 2013

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

That is an instant preorder.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The big rumor I keep hearing is late November he will actually be available. If that's the case it is still odd they haven't solicited preorders.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

For those who've been waiting, BBTS put up the preorder for Diesel (not-Motormaster) at $119.99 for the next week or so then it goes up $30.

$120 was about where I wanted it to be so yay for that.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The FP Insecticons fall into that category of if they were maybe a half inch bigger I'd love them. They are cool little robots but hard to swallow at $70 each.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Ahhh I was thinking of the purple regular release, not the gift set. I wasn't as big a fan of the color scheme in that set, plus I had the purple ones.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

MMC Bovis just hit my POL on BBTS. Now to see if I can be patient and wait for Prowl before I ship.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I enjoy reading a series after it is completed, so keep that in mind thanks!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'm glad MMC is tackling Overlord because that other one they put up on BBTS looks hideous and costs quite a bit.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I really like the Fansproject one. Toy world doesn't look bad but I wasn't a huge fan of Hardbone so I think that taints my judgement.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Spiderdrake posted:

Geez, I think this will be my first MP. What's the turnaround on MPs going from announcement to being re-released by Hasbro in the US? 12+ months at least, right?

At least, also gotta hope Hasbro decides to release it.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Takara is doing MP reissues with a lot of regularity of late. Bodes well to see them cheaper later on.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'm sure Red Alert will get a reissue, they seem all too eager to get these MPs back in circulation of late.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Bluestreak is up on HLJ with low stock.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I still have all my Binaltechs and I don't think they aged very well, especially compared to the recent MP cars.

Most of my problem comes with the heads being too big and the gorilla arms.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

A 3P Slag is announced!

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=FTS10003&mode=retail

And it's by the same guys that did Quakewave so I have some hope it will be good!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

They aren't that bad for a 3P combiner, especially of his size. Although that company doesn't have much a track record so I'll wait for reviews.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I think Slag looks incredible.

I'm interested to see his dino mode though, it's a little worrisome that they haven't shown it with the big reveal. But again, they made Quakewave so they have my good will for another preorder. I also loved that they kept sending me kits every time they made a new hand or arm at no charge since I bought Quakewave on the first run. That was pretty awesome.

Not quite sold on the Planet X swoop, dino mode looks good enough but robot does nothing for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

People who like money.