Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Pretty much if you ever say to someone "that one episode of voyager" with no context the episode that EVERYONE will think of is an early one where they find a way to hit warp 10 in a shuttle, but for some reason it turns Janeway and Paris into giant salamanders. Their strange salamander babies are left on the planet they escape to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

What does the bike look like without the spiderthing?

like half a motorcycle.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
It let's you sign in with multiple devices. They even allow you to do so under the TOS. You can run the app in an emulator.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
Nah, that was 2007. 2004, Botcon wasn't an offical, hasbro backed event. The exclusive was an unlicensed KO of an actionmaster. It was also the first funpub botcon.

Supposedly this is the back cover of the program book this year:

Good job with that adspace, Robot Kingdom.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
Supposedly, BBTS is going to be putting metroplex up on Monday for delivery in August at $110. They're the one that have the pallets at botcon and those are $150 at the show.

Edit: oops. Missed a post a few above

SpikeMcclane fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jun 28, 2013

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
That's Elita-1, to be voiced by Ru Paul.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?

Spiderdrake posted:

What do subscription figures have to do with Hasbro?
They're characters that Hasbro has no plans of doing a figure for. From what I heard, fun pub had a huge list of proposed figures for the 2nd subscription and they were almost all rejected because Hasbro already had plans for the character.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'm willing to bet that a US release of atleast MP Sideswipe & Prowl (or atleast those molds) will be announced at SDCC.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?

3 posted:

We live in the year of our lord 2013 and there are still retailers out there that charge for preorders up front? What the gently caress?? :psyduck:

I think it's totally understandable for small/startup retailers. They just don't have the capital available to pay for the product they're selling without taking the money at the time of order while also purchasing regular stock to sell after it arrives. TFsource appears to be a bit larger and more established than I would expect for continuing the practice. The problem I have with TFsource is they occasionally send me e-mails with other peoples account/order information, so I trust them about as far as I do funpub.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
Some crazy person in the UK ended up paying $250 for mine after shipping and everything. (Unfortunately, I only got about $145 of that.)

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
You might want to troll the TRU ebay store. Acid Storm and Soundwave have both gone up.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transfor-So...=item2c709a2ff6

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
Same here. I choose to blame 404.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
You could probably use one of those high frequency scanners or an x-ray or something to find out whether it's crumbled or not.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
He's also very simple, relatively easy to make a figure of him.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
And if you are on mobile, still shows as OOS.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
It'll probably do that several times. A few will trickle in this morning from canceled orders (credit card declined and such).

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
Weird. He was sold out when I got up around 6.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
It's R63 Armada Starscream. That's great, because it's silly enough on it's own, but also, no matter what they do with her, it's going to be hilarious to me to watch people react with vitriol.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
Grab your popcorn. Harmony Gold is sueing Hasbro over Jetfire.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
As I understand it, they've always been primarily real estate.

As for new product, they released a new movie yesterday. They sell licenses for merch, mainly Toynami who has decided that it doesn't sell enough to continue making much new. That Miniatures game about to come out? Paladium had to pay toynami to make the minis after they refused to be involved themselves.

New Macross coming over, it's partly on the japanese side too. They, understandably, won't allow HG a cut of anything else but a different company would still have to go through HG or get sued.

So, pretty much it's HG going we get to bank or it all burns. I'm more of a Macross fan than Transformers fan and say gently caress Harmony Gold. Just in a more accurate manner. My dream is for them to one day lose the Macross rights somehow.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
SDCC stuff is up on habro toy shop.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?

strangehamster posted:

I'm at TFCon early, it's quiet. Too quiet.

Just grab some booze and hit the water slide.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I didn't really pay all that much attention, but about 10 minutes.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
^^^ This. Beat me by a minute (and in more detail) after I got stuck in a meeting for nearly an hour without having pressed send. :( Also, I wasn't aware of the part about TakaraTomy owning Tatsunoko.

It currently expires in 2021. However, the contract is with a separate company than who actually owns Macross in Japan. It's all sorts of complicated legal fuckery. So basically, for them, HG gives them free money every decade or so to keep doing what they're doing.

SpikeMcclane fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jul 26, 2013

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
drat shame too.

That original Valk is pretty much on par with a lot of modern transformers.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?

Presented without comment, because all I know is that's at Wonder Fest.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
Wow. The lack of financial acumen there is downright impressive.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
Go back and look at Tailgate's vial of innermost energon. At the time, I thought it was because of contamination from the bomb disposal. Now? Not so much.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?

Algae Magnet posted:

Loving what I've read so far, but damned if I'm not confused.
Why is Cybertron primordial? How did Prime die, come back to life and no one seem to give a poo poo about him?

Is this stuff all covered in the The IDW series?
Can someone point me in the right direction, hopefully ebook/kindle versions, because I want to start reading right now.
There was a book titled "Death of Optimus Prime" that was the starting point. But to answer those questions: Cybertron was a dead world due to the prolonged war. It got "rebooted." Optimus Prime didn't physically die. The Matrix was drained, he decided he was done with everything, started calling himself Orion Pax again, and exiled himself as a symbol of the war that destroyed their world. A surprisingly large number of civilians had fled and survived and when they returned to Cybertron, they hated autobot and decepticon alike because to them, both sides were to blame for the millions of years of war that destroyed everything.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
It was really bad and done with basically no explanation on the last couple pages of the ongoing. You really aren't missing anything of any importance. IIRC noone reading had any clue what happened until the new books came out.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?

WendigoJohnson posted:

They've even started to put the label "ADULT COLLECTABLE THIS IS NOT A TOY" in big bold print on their My Little Pony figures, of all things.
If you're talking about the one on HTS that looks like Jazz, it has tiny sharp parts.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
Presented for your entertainment.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I was kinda holding the phone in my mouth and trying not to giggle.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'm glad I prepaid for a bunch of stuff early in the year. My lack of income hurts.

Blackheart posted:

Not that it surprises me, but there are plenty of people in the TFW thread hating on that Nova Prime. I think it looks pretty neat? Don't really care much for the character though. I'm still waiting on that MT Chaos Paladin however, did it get some mad delay?

Yes. There was some sort of design or manufacturing error, so barely any were available from the first run. They had to go back and make a fixed version.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
They go on the insides of the walls. Hopefully you get it done quicker than me: 3.5 hours of stickering.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?

The_Doctor posted:

isnt that a given?

It almost seems too obvious at this point how well everything about it lines up. We've never seen his alt mode, but in his introduction, he was even pulling a trailer.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
Gammatron, I suggest you get caught up on the more recent issues.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
IDW likes to actually acknowledge these things, even though they can continue using the original names if they like, so there's actually story that goes along with the name change.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
Oh my. MTMTE20 has the single saddest pannel. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I think movie Ravage looked better than just about anything else, so a tiny bit of hope?

oh wait, laserbeak's face...