Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Keldroc posted:

Wanted an OP full of info they already know? I dunno. We were lucky.
The new OP was meant to attract new people to the thread by having up-to-date info. The OP wasn't for us, it was for potential thread newbies. A whole bunch of people made that really clear even before the new thread was made. And guess what?

Gammatron 64 posted:

I think it's fantastic that we have a new thread, because already we have some new faces that I haven't seen in the TF thread before.

It's already working! :rodimus:

The new OP is great and was long overdue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Sorry I am just oversensitive from all the DW threads and their tendency to use my former username as a swear word.
I feel like I'm missing something here, but if you don't want to post about it here in the thread for fear of derailing it I guess you could PM me about it.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Arsenal_12 posted:

To go along with that, here's the sound clips it comes with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfu7MNYoKSA
I remember growing up and having electronic toys with like 2, MAYBE 3 sound clip, tops.

Metroplex has loving thirteen. :stare:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

So I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the people at the top of the TF Legends leaderboards with like 45million episode points are filthy cheaters, right? Because even if you dumped a thousand real-world dollars into the game and bought every available card and played the game around the clock and tackled bosses giving you 20,000 points a pop, I don't think you could generate 45million points in 5 days.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

You know, I saw the new thread and took a look just out of idle curiosity. And then didn't do much of anything.

Then on the weekend I watched Transformers: The Movie after not having seen any Transformers (aside from the first of the recent movie trilogy) since I was about 5.

Then I bought and read Autocracy.

Then I bought and read Last Stand of the Wreckers.

Today I caught myself checking out the Masterpiece figures on display at one of my local game/DVD/toy shop.

I just bought the first MTMTE trade.

What... what have you guys done to me? :psyduck:
ONE OF US
ONE OF US
ONE OF US

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

GrimGypsy posted:

I think the 20th Anniversary was when they did the CHUG Seekers with those repaints of Jetfire and Bumblebee, then gave a translucent Mirage as the freebie. My guess would be next year will be Prime molds, but God knows who or what they'll be remodeled into.

On a different topic - when does the next Wave of Kreons start showing up? I suppose it would count as Wave 3.
I saw a bunch of new Kreon blind-packs I didn't recognize at Target the other day.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rhyno posted:

I figure if it's anything like MP-10 (got offered $400 for mine) it will be worth buying.
I'm still kinda pissed that I never saw an MP-10 at retail, at all.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I've been wanting to post about that rhinox and waspy for about 2 weeks now - they're pretty awesome
Why couldn't you post about them?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Well thanks to Hasbro I'm going to be pretty poor for a while. :saddowns:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

there's a gorgeous 3rd party Ironfist coming out this year
Wait, what's this? I hadn't heard about this I guess.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Terry van Feleday posted:

90s CGI, pretty much. I'm aware it's just petty, but I always focus more on visuals than writing, and if I don't enjoy the visuals the show as a whole just isn't going to do it for me no matter what.
I'm pretty sure you should give it a shot anyway. A lot of your posts focus on the writing far more than the visuals, so I'm confident you could put the "90s cgi :barf: " aside and take the show on its own merits/detriments.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Diet Poison posted:

Really I just want MTMTE: TAS. Face it, the following are huge reasons why MTMTE is so good: No Optimus. No Megatron. No Bumblebee. No Starscream (I say this as a huge Screamer fan btw). No humans. No Arcee. No Bumblebee (bears repeating).
Worth pointing out that the RID ongoing has both Starscream and Bumblebee and is also good, for completely different reasons from MTMTE.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Rage posted:

Yeah that is one of the primary reasons why I stopped watching season 2. Could not get over why the formatting was so drat bad.

Charter had HD HUB in time for season 3 but by then I just didn't care about the story anymore.
Seasons 1 and 2 are on Netflix right now.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I already have a classics bumblebee set aside for my 8-month-old because that mold rules and fun toys are fun. :)
Amen to that, Classics Bumblebee is one of my top Transformers of all time. He's cool in both modes and he's a hoot to transform back and forth. He's also the Transformer that got me back into collecting after taking a decade or so off.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Ka0 posted:

I am somewhat confused. Is the new BH Predaking a redeco of the existing Predaking or a newer, cheapo and less articulated mold? (ala an upscaled cyberverse)

This is the one I'm talking about :

That's pretty drat slick looking, and I'm not even a huge fan of the Predacons. I'm digging the translucent wings and the flame-sword.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Anyone else here have a Springer and have the same problems Optibotimus had with his in his video review? Like, where stuff just doesn't want to peg together right, specifically the panel that flips down and pegs onto the backs of his thighs in helicopter mode, or the side windows in car mode? Mine doesn't want to cooperate and I can't figure out if I got a dud and should exchange him at TRU, or if it's a consistent mold problem and I shouldn't bother.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Blackheart posted:

Mine pegs together good enough, and at least Peaugh and Baltmatrix (I think) have posted follow-up videos showing their springers pegging together correctly after their initial reviews (in which they mentioned the problem). This might vary from figure to figure, and keep in mind that Optibotimus is... well, optibotimus. Is yours TOO bad, or just a 1mm-something- gap?
It's pretty bad. The flap that is supposed to peg into the back of the thighs doesn't do so at all on mine, no matter how much I fiddle with it or try and force it, and I can't get the sides of the car mode to hold together at all, nor can I get the car mode side windows to peg into the canopy properly. It's pretty aggravating.

I might just try and exchange mine - it certainly can't be any worse than what I've got right now. I was really looking forward to Springer, but mine has had enough problems in his alt-modes that it's really soured the whole experience and I'm actually liking Blitzwing quite a bit more right now. That's... that's now how it's supposed to be. :(

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I've got the initial green Long Haul version of the mold, I dig him.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Picked up a replacement Springer at walmart today, the replacement tabs together a LOT more solidly than the first one I got, and so I'm a whole lot happier with him now!

I also found a Sandstorm, haven't messed with him yet.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rei_ posted:

to be fair, that Chell does look pretty nice posed.

On a shelf.

On the other side of the room.

In the dark.

With the LED on in the portal gun.

The Gordon Freeman they did is absolutely loving fantastic though, I love it.
I've got the Chell figure, I managed to get one that actually looks good.

Not going to deny that NECA has questionable quality control. They're at their best when they're making non-human figures. I've got pretty much all of their Predators, and they all kick rear end.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Keldroc posted:

Mission accomplished.

Assuming you don't want that entire GI-Joe/Transformers set, would you be willing to part with the Baroness figure in exchange for some :20bux: ?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Keldroc posted:

The Baroness figure is one of the main reasons I bought it, so no. I'd have rather had the statue, but I guess this is the best we're going to get.
D'oh. Thanks anyway. :)

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Woop woop Amazon just shipped my copy of MTMTE vol 4. :toot:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I'm messing with Sandstorm and I'm real confident I like him more than Springer. Everything tabs together right, the dune buggy mode with MEGA HUGE FUCKOFF WHEELS rules, I really like him all around.

I think my only "complaint" is that his front landing gear was a pain in the rear end to swing out when initially transforming him.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I'm just blown away by how good of a retool he is. If Hasbro keeps making retools of this caliber, they can keep selling me the same toy twice until the day I die. :rodimus:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Could someone fill me in on this whole Harmony Gold thing?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Whoa whoa whoa what Back to the Future Lego set?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Keldroc posted:

User creation that got voted into being a production set. A limited number were on sale at SDCC but vanished in an instant. It's a small DeLorean that can be built into any of the three movies' versions of the car, plus Doc and Marty minifigs.

Holy gently caress! Is that set going to be mass-produced? Or am I going to have to pay scalper prices on eBay?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

WendigoJohnson posted:

I got Metroplex today, this means I now have 5 toys that are around 2 feet tall.

What are the other four?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Crossposting from the Lego thread:

Zernach posted:

So I just ran into this on Tumblr

"Oh cool, N64 made out of lego, brings back memo..."

It even comes with a controller.

http://mocpages.com/moc.php/366965

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I'm moving into my new house in about a week and a half, what are the goon-recommended shelves/cases/whatever for action figures and statues and poo poo?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Finally got some new robots recently (and got caught up on this thread, I was a good 350 posts behind since I didn't have internet for a while and I was moving to my new house). I picked up Trailcutter and Hoist, and Blaster. I saw Generations Bumblebee and Megatron and passed on them - BB doesn't really interest me, and while I've been looking forward to the "stealth plane Megatron" mold, I'm going to wait for the retool.

Target also had a ton of Predacons Rising stuff, but I wasn't really interested in any of it.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

WendigoJohnson posted:

So are they going to reveal new Generations guys anytime soon? We're getting close to having everything listed released.

I don't want the line to go on hiatus again just when everything is getting so good.
Are you sure? I'm pretty sure we've got a pretty good amount of stuff left to come out, going by this list.

We've got wave 3 and 4 of Deluxes, Legends, and Voyagers, by my reckoning.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The more I mess with Trailcutter and Hoist, the more I like them. I definitely like Hoist more, though. I agree that the searchlight bar looks goofy no matter how you slice it, and their vehicle modes are kind of small, but their robot modes are cool and I like their transformations.

If a third-party company comes out with a "Forcefield Face" alternate head for Trailcutter, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Gammatron 64 posted:

I sorta feel like I'm the only person bothered by that searchlight bar sometimes. I wish it was a separate piece that could come off, or maybe slide down to be flush with the cab so it wouldn't look so bad.
I agree, the searchlight should collapse down or something. I'm trying to think of practical examples, but the most obvious one is Warpath's chest-turret.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Seconding this, I only read trades, and I don't mind at all if this thread looks like an NSA redacted document for a while as people post about new issues, but I'm really trying to steer clear of spoilers. :kiddo:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I'm not going to flip out and go all nerd rage if someone slips up and posts a spoiler, but I think I'd still be sad/disappointed.

I'd get individual issues but it's not very practical for me storage-wise. There are very, very few comics I get individual issues of, and even some of those I'm considering re-buying as trades and then selling off my individual issues.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

GD_American posted:

The problem is that their introduction in fiction is basically "can destroy a planetary civilization solo" and their actual results in the comics vary. It's a familiar trope to WH40K readers, who read fluff pieces in codexes making a race all but invincible, but they will be chumps the next time they're mentioned (in someone else's codex).
Wasn't one of the Phase Sixers taken out by the DJD in MTMTE? Black Shadow, or something?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I got a bunch of TF goodies in the mail from Amazon today!

- MTMTE vol 5
- RID vol 4 and 5
- Generations Legends Starscream/Waspinator
- Generations Legends Megatron/Chop Shop

Looks like I'll be up late doing some reading tonight!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I finally read up through RID and MTMTE volume 5, that was some good poo poo. MTMTE turned into a bit of an exposition-dump near the end, but I'm not sure how much I really care.

I also caved and pre-ordered the Waspinator/Goldfire wave on BBTS because even after shipping it's not that much more than I'd pay in sales tax and gas.