Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
every
Apr 24, 2008

Played two games online with the green starter deck this morning. Lost both. Game owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

every
Apr 24, 2008

Sorry if this has been addressed already, but...

Are the promo unlocks going to be a complete joke like they were in 2013? I assume they updated those, right? So they won't just all be hacked out within a day?

every
Apr 24, 2008

In the iPad app, did they make it easier to target specific cards? Eg. when cards are stacked?

I remember trying to destroy specific lands or artifacts and not being able to poke the right part of the screen, so I'd get hosed.

every
Apr 24, 2008

Huxley posted:

You can double tap a stack like that and scroll side to side, then pick the one you want with the "choose" button to the right.

Awesome. Does this work with lands? Playing against multi-colored decks, it's impossible to target a specific tapped land.

every
Apr 24, 2008

Huxley posted:

I'll say, the one change that makes no sense to me because I played so much 2013, it's stuck in my muscle memory: I loved dragging up to put something onto the battlefield and dragging down to put it into my hand. It's super awkward to have the selection process now. I had a couple of instances last night where I failed to find off a Terramorphic because i screwed up the search.

Maybe it's an option I have clicked on/off. I'll dig more at it tonight.

Me too. I'm also an iPad-only guy, so definitely report if you find anything useful specific to that platform. Thanks!!

every
Apr 24, 2008

Funkmaster General posted:

Is the game available on smaller screen iOS devices this time around (iPhone, iPod)? I know it would be a pain to play but I don't have an iPad and Magic on my phone has a certain appeal to it.

Nah. It'd be cool if they could figure out an interface for it, but, currently, it's hard enough on the iPad.

every
Apr 24, 2008

Joshlemagne posted:

Someone earlier in the thread posted about how they had never built a magic deck and didn't know where to start. I was thinking about making a mini deck building guide just for people to get started and I probably would recommend a lot of the same stuff (like exactly 40 cards in the deck to avoid bloat).

That would be awesome, please do it. I really enjoy DotP, but I generally just take people's builds and go play with them. I'm missing out on the part of the game that is experimenting with different builds and setting up clever strategies for yourself.

every
Apr 24, 2008

The "auto-build" is hilarious. I let the computer auto-build for me, gave me a rating of "Awesome!" Won a couple of matches, added some booster packs, and reset and let the computer rebuild the deck. Now the best it could do was "Strong." :psyduck:

every
Apr 24, 2008

This deck is fun when you win.

every
Apr 24, 2008

Heavy neutrino posted:

I agree. I used to think it sort of sucks but now that I've unlocked everything and trimmed it I have to say it's one of the best decks. Masks can be annoying to fight with all its disruption and Deadwalkers has too much removal to deal with, but it's perfectly able to handle the other decks.

Definitely wrote it off as a mega Timmy deck at first. Which I guess it is. Weak vs blue / unsummon and cancel though. Starting hand is also extra-key.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

every
Apr 24, 2008

LibbyM posted:

I've been using the Avacyn glory deck and am having a real tough time coming to a final descision on what cards to trim out to get to a nice low number.

Check out Precision's build earlier in the thread, it's pretty awesome.

When are we going to be able to use promo codes on the iPad?

• Locked thread