Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
I would still pay for DLC that just stapled the four games' decklists together. Or at least let you keep the best unique deck. I miss Tezzeret's Artifact deck from 2012.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Okay I suddenly wish I had waited till now to pre-order because holy poo poo that blue deck is just not fair.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx

Davincie posted:

For you guys who preordered it on steam, does it not show up for you guys in the games list yet? This is the first time for me a game isn't showing up and I'm wondering if something has gone wrong.

Not out till tomorrow for Steam users.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
I'm beginning to suspect the sealed pool randomizer is horribly broken.

My first sealed pool I finished the campaign with three Protean Hydras and two Redirects.

I opened a second pool for the hell of it and got two Ring of Three Wishes (Mythic) in a row.

E: Yeah, I think they swapped them, it's been screwing me up all day.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Okay, my friend has a pool with three Aegis Angels.

There is no way this randomizer actually works correctly.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx

Lottery of Babylon posted:

If you think the game's sealed pool randomizer doesn't work correctly, it's likely that you're actually not randomizing enough in real life. Next time you're about to open some packs, try shuffling them very, very thoroughly first. You may be surprised by the results.

I draft every week or two, and in a pool of 24 packs, the most duplicate rares you see are one or two pairs. There's no excuse for seeing three Protean Hydras and two Redirects in the same 9 pack pool. That just doesn't happen, even in small sets. I've opened the same MYTHIC twice in a row in six packs.

gently caress, even with only 39 Rares/Mythics in the set, it strains credibility that no one seems to have six unique rares.

(I'm jealous of you people with actual bombs. I'm getting all the Rings of Three Wishes.)

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx

sicarius posted:

Probably gone over in 8 pages... but is there no way to assign combat damage manually? I just had a situation where I killed a 2/2 Mentor of the Meek instead of the 1/3 Fiend Hunter than had exiled my big dude. This isn't cool Magic 2014.

Go to options, and turn off auto-assign damage. And simplified targetting.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
So are there any decks that are actually playable online while everyone's playing AG?

There is nothing more frustrating than seeing the 70-80+ card decks curve out perfectly.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
So, how are people building the Dimir deck? I've been working on unlocking it, and it is fun as poo poo, but seems to be too slow to deal with everyone and their mother playing AG.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx

Voxx posted:

Well that was fun to do.

How'd you pull that off? Does the AI just stop playing Cultists after they hit six? Every time I've tried that for the win without doing combat damage achieve, they always empty their hand by turn 4.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
No, no. I meant how'd he get the AI to actually keep a cultist in hand to get lobotomy'd.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Play sealed against the Suntail Hawk encounter. as long as you have like one reach creature or x/2 flier, you'll win it pretty easily.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
So, sealed hacked already? Ahahahaha.

Finally finished unlocking Dimir. Gonna test out this build and see what happens with it. Ended up leaving both Threads of Disloyalty in as a meta call, since everyone's playing Mind Maze and Avacyn's Glory.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
That's the solution I used. I kinda wish this game had more challenges like that one.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Cut to 23-24 lands and don't run Avacyn. That deck does not want an 8 drop ever.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Man, Deadwalkers is gonna be tough to cut. Between the great mid-curve creatures and the absurd amount of removal, it's hard to decide what to keep.

What's everyone running with that?

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Does Fire Servant even make the cut in the 60? Firewave has so little actual burn in that deck that I wonder sometimes.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Welp, apparently the first two unlocks have been activated, but the codes weren't actually released at the events they were supposed to be at. Thanks, Wizards. Thanks a lot.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Are we sure those codes work? I'm entering them in the promotional unlocks area and it's not working.

Steam here.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Anyone on steam gotten the seventh code working yet? Still is giving me error messages.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Anyone else having problems with code 10? I've tried getting it working, but even a reinstall's giving me the same invalid code error.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Two new decks announced for the first deck pack this week.

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/arcana/1356

An absurd looking blue/black reanimator deck... and a really mediocre looking mono-white flicker deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
okay seriously, the tenth promo code STILL isn't working on Steam after all this time? Reinstalling 2014 again, but this is really starting to piss me off.

• Locked thread