Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.

precision posted:

Have you guys looked at the upgrade to Mind Maze, the upgrade to Jace's 2012 Illusion Deck? It's loving crazy.

Yeah 3x Phantasmal Bear, 4x Phantasmal Image, 4x Lord of the Unreal is a pretty insane aggro base to build from.

VVVV- uhh..... sounds fair :stare:

OBi fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jun 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.

DancingPenguin posted:

Chronozoa for Mind Maze also looks pretty sick, or is it just my idiocy that makes me think that I will make it through three turns without facing a removal card?

Well if you have a lord of the unreal down (or better yet a Phantasmal Image of one) targeted removal isn't a problem. It's not super in line with the theme of the deck, for a deck that depends on tempo you really want to be able to swing every turn, but it's a flying illusion with some closeout power and the deck is short on good 4 drops so it could easily make the cut.

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.

Elephant Ambush posted:

That's loving bonkers. I am really happy to see that the power creep finally tidal waved into these games.

The other decks didn't get as much power creep. That singleton Temporal Mastery from the promotional unlocks is going to tilt some people when it miracles. Holy poo poo AND it gets a Cryptic Command. Blue deck wins again, unless the slivers are absolutely nuts (they won't be) it's going to be the best deck by a pretty good margin.

e: until an expansion deck with uncounterable/several sweepers shows up

OBi fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jun 24, 2013

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.

DancingPenguin posted:

By the way I am pretty confused about what is promos and what is deck keys.
Do I get the promo cards by buying deck keys or just pre-ordering? :S

There are promo cards that get unlocked in game with codes and can then be added to the decks, and then there are promo real life mtg cards that you can get by redeeming a one-time code that came with the game at a physical store. In the last version of DotP the digital promos were unlocked using codes you were supposed to get from real world stores for playing friday night magic, but they were just found in the games code and uploaded to the internet for everyone to plug in. Every digital promo code you put in unlocked one card for every deck, so last year we had to put in 10 codes IIRC to have all the digital promo cards unlocked.

e: I knew it would happen

edit again: I would actually be pretty pissed if the digital promo codes weren't easy to find, because they give a serious advantage

OBi fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jun 24, 2013

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.

Filthy Monkey posted:

So this permanent 'sealed' pool is basically constructed, except the entirety of your card pool is limited to whatever you happen to pull out of nine boosters? It seems to me that would reward somehow resetting your profile and/or 'slots' until you manage to get a slick set of pulls from your nine boosters that work well together. Am I reading that right?

Yeah but it's supposed to reward giving Wizards lots of money until you get really good cards in some boosters.

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.

Lottery of Babylon posted:

One of them was particularly obnoxious because it involved Birthing Pod, but there was no way to look at your deck except by using it, and when you used it it only showed you the cards of the appropriate converted mana cost. There were six or seven different potential CMC's, each with three or four options, so you'd need to restart several times just to see what your options were, and there was no way you'd remember all of them. Once you figured it out, the puzzle was straightforward enough that it wouldn't have been difficult if the game hadn't gone out of its way to give you way more information than necessary and make that information way too inconvenient to access.

That's an option that you can toggle, actually. You can choose between searching through your entire deck anytime you search, or only through applicable cards.

So I have a sealed pool with a lot of removal. Only one real bomb (Angelic Arbiter, it's meh), but 3 pacifism, 2 fiend hunter, 4 murder, and 2 assassinates. Hooray for removal!

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.

Cynic Jester posted:

Path does not help you. It removes one of your very limited number of threats in exchange for a land. If there's one deck I'm perfectly okay with giving an extra land, it's Chant. Going from 7 to any number of lands is pretty much irrelevant. You don't have any card draw, so you'll be playing one spell a turn for the rest of the game in any case. Once Chant starts playing from the top of the deck, 3 quarters of the cards in it are dead. They don't do anything. The only thing you want to draw are fatties, and you usually play 10 or so of those. On turn 6, when you'll usually have dumped your hand and dropped 10 lands, you're still looking at a 35-40 card pile where the vast majority of draws don't do anything to impact the board. Going from 10 to 11 lands does nothing. You just timewalked yourself by playing a land or ramp spell.

I'm not saying ramp decks are inherently bad, because they aren't, but Chant is a very, very bad ramp deck. The U/G version of 2013 was much better because it had card draw and threats like Simic Skyswallower along with better high end cards(Granted, most were blue, but hey, most good cards are, eyooooo).

I'm not disagreeing that chant is bad, but my inner Timmy loves playing it. I do leave in most of the Eldrazi for card advantage reasons though; between green sun's zenith and fierce empath you have 4 shots at a Primeval Titan, and once your titan drops you can always tutor Eye of Ugin, which means at the worst you'll be able to pull another eldrazi out easily. It really helps keep you from having to rely on top-decks in games that go long.

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.
I'm a little surprised we don't have all the promo unlock codes yet.

Also I beat the dude who's #36 on Steam today. His sick strat to climb the leaderboards? Pause the game and go away for 30 minutes when it becomes clear that you'll lose; unfortunately for him I'm stubborn and had other things to do anyway.

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.
I don't play divination in mind maze. It's a good card, to be sure, but I'd rather not give up the tempo since that deck lives and dies by it.

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.

Jedit posted:

I have Server-Driven Content enabled and the codes do not work for me.

In the US, have server driven content enabled, codes do not work.

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.

Zurai posted:

I toggled my Server-Driven Content option off and then on again, restarted the game, then actually navigated the promotional unlocks menu over to the ComicCon and PAX Aus sections before I inputted the codes. I don't know which did the trick, but one (or all) of them did for me.

ComicCon and Pax Aus sections? The arrow to change screens on the Promotional Unlock menu immediately goes away as the screen loads, there's no such sections visible to me.

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.

precision posted:

The Promo Code problems with Steam seem to have been fixed, at least according to Wizards. It apparently had to do with certain random parts of the world. :iiam:

Nope, they're still broke

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.
I got the promo codes to work. Had to verify the integrity of the game cache through steam, which must have forced it to update something.

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.
Mul Daya definitely isn't a great deck, but man it's fun when you finish the game with all your opponents lands in addition to a ton of your own.

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.

The_Angry_Turtle posted:

None of the promo unlocks are working for me. Have they been disabled or something?

If you're using steam trying going to your library -> right click game -> properties -> local files -> verify integrity of game cache. That's what got it working for me finally.

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.

precision posted:

Time Warp only costs 2cmc now? :monocle:

I really hope this was intentional. Also Tangle is no Time Walk, not even close.

How has a conversation about Eldrazi, Titans, and cost efficient colorless cards gotten this far without anyone pointing out that there's already a colorless Titan and it's named Wurmcoil Engine?

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.
How many promo codes are out now? I just played a guy with cryptic and snapcaster.

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.

Kin33 posted:

Re-installing worked for me.

Man I am so loving happy Hex should be coming out relatively soon, Wizards has been chronically inept when it comes to anything digital.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.

Promoted Pawn posted:

Wizards doesn't directly make DotP. Stainless (the developer) is known for introducing their fair share of bugs with each release, but then again there's very few licensed games that have strict release timetables that don't suffer from that. It's not like Stainless can push the release back 6 months because they need more time to polish.

And before you say it, I agree that there's no excuse for the state MTGO is in. It's just not really fair to say that Wizards is dropping the ball on a product that they're not directly responsible for.

Somebody already said it, but DotP has been around for awhile. Maybe Wizards can dodge some of the responsibility for it's first couple iterations, but at this point continuing to contract to incompetent developers represents incompetence in it's own right.

• Locked thread