Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Why did dexter cut the page out of the bible? This is not good tv.

Edit: I get that it matched the snippets the idiot cops found. But I am so loving confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
This is so boring.

Edit: Good, Quinn is going to get some more strange. Is he going to do the 1000 yard stare for us.

Edit2: Dexter writers are classless. Quinn talking about 'his investment' in the college woman within earshot of her.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Are they [Olmos and Hanks] going to try and kill Deb, Dex is going to save her, and then Deb and Dex emotionally connect?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
The slut shaming, it's getting out of control. They just ran over a dude for no reason.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
'The alpha and the omega of the Enneserette' how good that Angel discovers this book.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Did Louis show up yet? That guy is critical to the multi-season storyline, and his cat and mouse game with Dexter is loving epic.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
^^Not yet.

I honestly have no clue what is going on here.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
And now deb is shaking down a new landlord. She got a sweet house to live in out of the murder suicide.

Edit: I really don't understand why Masuka losing track of a prosthesis from season 1 is important.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I really dont see why Dexter garroting Hanks Jr. is important. I mean, I am happy he identified the killer. But this is some weird father son poo poo going on.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Everything feels so pointless.

Edit: How did we go from murder horses and a woman dying in an awesome contraption to this bullshit?

Edit2: and Dexter just let's tom hanks jr go.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dirk Pitt posted:

Edit: I really don't understand why [every B-plot] is important.

Get used to this.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Olmos thinks he is God. Phwoar. Not really. This is not good story telling.

Edit: And someone randomly kills Mos Def. Who knows why, it just happened.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dirk Pitt posted:

This is not good story telling.

Get used to this too.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Alright I'm done for the night, I got work to do. Those two episodes were very disappointing. So much awesome happened at the start with the four horsemen, and all we got was Edward James Olmos yelling into the phone and calling women whores while having his face plastered on the front page of the paper.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Is Edward James Olmos Dexter's birth dad?

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

You were so close before dude

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Am I the only one who saw Quinn in season 4/5 and couldn't remember any of his scenes from early in the show? Honestly thought he was a new character.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Kimmalah posted:

I think it's the episode where Hannah and Dexter track some guy he thinks is the big bad killer to Key West. But I'm just going by Wikipedia summaries here since I don't remember either.

There was a lot of bullshit involving travel that season I think.
Yeah, that's the one. It's where the kid whose name I can't remember goes from being really irritating to sort of puppy dog dumb and amusingly watchable, and they all get together for a family dinner. Then, of course, they kill off this new family dynamic that had at least a modicum of potential in favor of more Hannah.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Dirk Pitt posted:

Is Edward James Olmos Dexter's birth dad?

You've already learned about Dexter's birth dad (Joe Driscoll) in season 1 episode 9 so no he is not.

(Don't feel bad, I forgot too until I looked it up)

The Leck posted:

Yeah, that's the one. It's where the kid whose name I can't remember goes from being really irritating to sort of puppy dog dumb and amusingly watchable, and they all get together for a family dinner. Then, of course, they kill off this new family dynamic that had at least a modicum of potential in favor of more Hannah.

Zach Hamilton. That guy was actually so annoying that it was really what made me finally give up on season 8 while it was airing.

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Get used to this.

Even when Dexter was good this was still a valid complaint.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Pillowpants posted:

Am I the only one who saw Quinn in season 4/5 and couldn't remember any of his scenes from early in the show? Honestly thought he was a new character.
A complete list of memorable Quinn scenes:
- Smoking weed with Batista
- sad_doggystle.gif (has anyone got this to hand, by the way)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Irony Be My Shield posted:

With floating keyboard, tia.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Oh I remember the days of being excited by the first couple episodes. The trailers were so good at hyping up the season. Even the last season had a trailer that made it seem like it would end well.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Irony Be My Shield posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyyM_JjN7yw

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Dirk, watch this right now. Also, check out Dexter in the 80's.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Dirk, watch this right now. Also, check out Dexter in the 80's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TsSHqVd724

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Season 6 relevant, Masuka and his intern:

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

:laffo: at Deb in the duct tape and Quinn.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

XK posted:

Did Louis show up yet? That guy is critical to the multi-season storyline, and his cat and mouse game with Dexter is loving epic.

What's unbelievable is THAT is the only polotline the writers apologized for. Nothing else.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Dirk Pitt posted:

Edit: And someone randomly kills Mos Def. Who knows why, it just happened.

This is the moment I'll always remember thinking dexter had truly gone to poo poo.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

incredible bear posted:

I'm not sure I can read this thread anymore, it's so full of impending dread.

It's dramatic irony at it's finest.

Dirk's reactions to watching Dexter contain more tension than watching Dexter.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

CaptainHollywood posted:

I honestly do feel a little bad when I see how much hope he still has for the show. But on the other hand it's fun to make fun of the show with him. It's almost like when we first hatewatched season 8!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

CaptainHollywood posted:

While he's left wondering "Will Deb find out?" we're left wondering "Will Dirk find out how bad this show is?"

Unfortunately at the end of the thread he will find the show's badness but it will be obscured by a plastic sheet, leaving us all hanging.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

XK posted:

I really can't wait to see his reaction to the road trip episode. It is one of the most incredible episodes of the series for so many reasons. That was the episode where pretty much everyone en masse realized the show had really truly gone off the rails in its entirety. I don't really remember anyone taking the show seriously after that point, and every episode thread from that point on transitioned into live watch open mockery. There's also just something about the ending scene of that episode, it will never leave me: ghost dad hitchhiking. It just blew my mind.

This is the episode where Dexter kills a convenience store clerk in Nebraska and then climbs up a 15 story grain silo with one hand while carrying an overweight dead body in the other, right? And gets away with it? Yeah...

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

CaptainHollywood posted:

What's unbelievable is THAT is the only polotline the writers apologized for. Nothing else.

What's funny is there's exactly 0 b-plots that go anywhere past Trinity. There's some (sanguinstas?) murder group in one of the seasons with a spunky new latina officer investigating it that vanishes like a fart in a hurricane. Quair (as soon as he is introduced actually) is being investigated by IA because ??? and that gets dropped.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Is Dirk not reading our posts, or is he being sarcastic when showing genuine hope for future Dexter plot developments?

Dirk, we all hate this show.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Dirk's more recent posts remind me of Homer Simpson and his pig "It's just a little airborne, it's still good!" But no idea if it's genuine or not.

Party Plane Jones posted:

What's funny is there's exactly 0 b-plots that go anywhere past Trinity. There's some (sanguinstas?) murder group in one of the seasons with a spunky new latina officer investigating it that vanishes like a fart in a hurricane. Quair (as soon as he is introduced actually) is being investigated by IA because ??? and that gets dropped.

Do you mean the Santa Muerte case? The Saguinistas are a True Blood vampire faction. :v:

I always thought it was funny (and stupid) the way they introduced Quinn as some kind of dirty cop and would occasionally look like they were going to revisit this, but always just sort of dropped it. Plus his constant terrible life decisions.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Just to interrupt for a sec - it's just been announced that Jennifer Carpenter has a major role in Shinji Mikami's new horror game The Evil Within:

http://m.au.ign.com/articles/2014/08/26/voice-over-cast-for-the-evil-within-confirmed

Also, I tried to write Mikami with Swype and got Miami. It knows I'm here :tinfoil:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Kimmalah posted:

Do you mean the Santa Muerte case? The Saguinistas are a True Blood vampire faction. :v:

Yep, that was it. There were a bunch more b-plots but I can't even name then now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

Party Plane Jones posted:

The whole side plot with Angel and Laguerta getting married is completely useless too

• Locked thread