Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
This marked the first time in a VERY long time that I was genuinely interested in a video game prior to its release because of Ghibli's involvement, and since I don't have a PS3, this'll do.

The battle music sounds very much like James Horner's score for "Brainstorm".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007

Cloud Potato posted:

The puns. Too many puns. How is this the same game that got reviewed so well?
Good art direction and music will go a lonnnnnnnnng way for some people.

I wonder if they were planning to do a TV series out of this game and just decided to merge the two, because this episode really does feel like someone took a filler episode of some TV show and wrapped about a minute of gameplay to it.

Speaking of Ghibli and Miyazaki, "The Wind Rises", which is likely Hayao Miyazaki's final feature, came out in US theaters yesterday. Also, if you're in the New York area, the Sunshine theater in Manhattan is showing a couple of Miyazaki's films in 35mm at midnight on weekends. Don't be discouraged by this game; Ghibli has made some phenomenal stuff.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
"Nausicaa" the movie is good, but kind of low-tier for Miyzaki. The comic its based on however, is absolutely fantastic, and it was Miyzaki's big pet project for 12 years. There's a steeply-priced but great seven-volume edition of it you can get on Amazon.

• Locked thread