Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

xeria posted:

(Mona is the best and most interesting character on this show, hands down.)

The undeniable truth.

quote:

Also, great song choice for their rekindled romance.
That had to be intentional, right? It was just so beyond the pale, even for this show.
Actually, has Ian Harding (Ezra) ever discussed the relationship in interviews? I want to believe its a self-aware, Robert Pattinson in Twilight kind of deal. That would make it a bit more tolerable, I guess. Kinda :sigh:

Anyway, I'm happy to see Jenna and Caleb back. Feels like old-school PLL again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Huh, this thread has sat dormant for a while.

The Ouija product placement was impressively terrible. Like the "product placement" in 30 Rock and Wayne's World, except completely serious.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

hcreight posted:

Huh, this thread has sat dormant for a while.

The Ouija product placement was impressively terrible. Like the "product placement" in 30 Rock and Wayne's World, except completely serious.

I thought it had died, much like Bethanny whatshername. I actually looked to see if someone made a new thread.

Does anyone know what movie Aria and her family went to?

They also shoehorned a terrible ending to Ravenswood in this ep.

amanasleep
May 21, 2008

violetdragon posted:

I thought it had died, much like Bethanny whatshername. I actually looked to see if someone made a new thread.

Does anyone know what movie Aria and her family went to?

They also shoehorned a terrible ending to Ravenswood in this ep.

Strangers on a Train. They are going right to the source here. Does this mean that there is a murder swap at the center of all this?

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.
I was a little confused by this last episode. They made it seem like Alli was never hit and buried alive, and only that other girl was, but I thought they already established that Alli was buried alive and that creepy Mrs. Grunwald from Ravenswood pulled her out. Did that not really happen or did Melissa actually bury Alli and thought it was the other girl because her body was found in that hole later on? I'm so confused.

amanasleep
May 21, 2008

Stabitha posted:

I was a little confused by this last episode. They made it seem like Alli was never hit and buried alive, and only that other girl was, but I thought they already established that Alli was buried alive and that creepy Mrs. Grunwald from Ravenswood pulled her out. Did that not really happen or did Melissa actually bury Alli and thought it was the other girl because her body was found in that hole later on? I'm so confused.

Your confusion is warranted. Melissa's confession provides a missing puzzle piece, but does not actually show where that piece belongs. If we believe Melissa 100%, then the timeline could be:

1. Allison is buried by Mrs. D.
2. The Grunwald digs her up.
3. Bethany Young is left next to the open grave.
4. Melissa finds Bethany and buries her alive.

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

amanasleep posted:

Your confusion is warranted. Melissa's confession provides a missing puzzle piece, but does not actually show where that piece belongs. If we believe Melissa 100%, then the timeline could be:

1. Allison is buried by Mrs. D.
2. The Grunwald digs her up.
3. Bethany Young is left next to the open grave.
4. Melissa finds Bethany and buries her alive.

Oh ok, so if we are still supposed to be confused about what happened I guess it's just something that they haven't revealed yet. I thought it was an inconsistency in their story. I love this show but I wish they would get to the end of it already.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
God dammit, I was so hopeful for a hot second that they'd kill off Toby.

But no.

Mona was too good for their dumb bullshit anyway. :colbert:

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
She's still going to be in flashbacks. I don't think they've fired the actress.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I have to say, they tricked me with that "No body, but there's no way anyone could lose this much blood and survive!" routine, only to then show Mona's body elsewhere.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Goddamit :( Cool fakeout though.
The only acceptable course of action now is for the show to give Mona a near identical cousin from Missoula and have her drop into Rosewood. Actually, considering the show's love of character doubles and homages, I wouldn't be all that surprised if they did.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Aphra Bane posted:

Goddamit :( Cool fakeout though.
The only acceptable course of action now is for the show to give Mona a near identical cousin from Missoula and have her drop into Rosewood. Actually, considering the show's love of character doubles and homages, I wouldn't be all that surprised if they did.

Well, it sounded like they just name-dropped what sounded like a sister toward the end of the episode so maybe (book-related spoilers) Mona's the one with the twin and not Alison!

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
Well, Janel Parrish said she'll still be in the show in flashbacks, so maybe her role will be kind of like Allison in early seasons?

It'll be great if A is who everyone thought A probably was 10 minutes into the first episode (Allison.)

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Y'all wait til season 7 when they'll reveal it wasn't actually Mona who died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

I hope Ghost Mona sticks around for the rest of the show.

Also, the fact that Ezra is just hanging out with his former students now like it isn't creepy, especially in his boxers, is almost more unsettling than having a secret relationship with a student.

• Locked thread