Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
Namco what the gently caress are you doing, are you just intentionally trying to sabotage this dumb game?

kira/fatty were released pretty much instantly in the JP version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kira and Shigeki are now available to all of you, DLC for this game is finished. I would say I'm surprised they didn't end up keeping Johnny Costume D as a pre-order bonus, but it would be a super dick move to make that inaccessible to people who didn't buy digitally when you offered a limited physical version, so eh.

DoctorX
Dec 11, 2013

I started playing this game today and I downloaded the Campaign Pack 2 right away, but in the PS Store the Campaign Pack 1 is nowhere to be seen. Does the second one include the first one or was it pulled from the Store for no reason?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

DoctorX posted:

I started playing this game today and I downloaded the Campaign Pack 2 right away, but in the PS Store the Campaign Pack 1 is nowhere to be seen. Does the second one include the first one or was it pulled from the Store for no reason?

Yup, the campaign packs add up as they went along, so as long as you got that last one, you're up to date on it all.

DoctorX
Dec 11, 2013

Yardbomb posted:

Yup, the campaign packs add up as they went along, so as long as you got that last one, you're up to date on it all.

Oh, so I was worrying over nothing. Good to hear that. Thanks!

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Just how good is this game? I'm thinking of getting a 369 or ps3 to catch up on some games I missed with my Wii, especially fighting games, and this game is one of my main arguments for getting a ps3. I played it at evo and I had a blast, but from what I understand, fighters are generally better on 360.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

horriblePencilist posted:

Just how good is this game? I'm thinking of getting a 369 or ps3 to catch up on some games I missed with my Wii, especially fighting games, and this game is one of my main arguments for getting a ps3. I played it at evo and I had a blast, but from what I understand, fighters are generally better on 360.

I've always enjoyed it a lot, but really fighting games are fine on either system. I've never had issues finding plenty of people on pretty much whichever you could think of.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I like this game a lot, but I wouldn't get a PS3 for it. However, in my opinion, there are more reasons to get a PS3 over a 360.

e: Also, unless you're going to get a stick, the 360 d-pad is complete garbage.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
If there are a number of other PS3 exclusive titles you're interested in, I'd say go for it. I definitely prefer the PS3 exclusive library over the 360 library.

Yardbomb posted:

I've always enjoyed it a lot, but really fighting games are fine on either system. I've never had issues finding plenty of people on pretty much whichever you could think of.
The last time I tried to find random matches in ASB, I literally couldn't find anyone, and that was maybe a month or so after the release, so ASB might not be the best FG choice. There are some upcoming anime fighters down the line, though.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Honestly there isn't really anything exclusive to either consoles that really strikes me, with the exception of Ni No Kuni, Journey and of course JoJo. Naturally, I have a stick for any fighting games, so a crummy dpad isn't an issue. Really, the only reason I'm currently leaning towards 360 is because my fighting game friends have bad experience with the netcode and input delay of the ps3.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

horriblePencilist posted:

Honestly there isn't really anything exclusive to either consoles that really strikes me, with the exception of Ni No Kuni, Journey and of course JoJo. Naturally, I have a stick for any fighting games, so a crummy dpad isn't an issue. Really, the only reason I'm currently leaning towards 360 is because my fighting game friends have bad experience with the netcode and input delay of the ps3.

If you're good enough at fighting games to where this will be a major problem for you then just get a 360 and be done with it. ASB isn't a good enough game to warrant a console purchase at all.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
hey a few months back I said add me on psn and we'd play, but that never happened because reasons. my bad

I'm actually playing this game again, so if anyone still cares at all hit me up at darealkooky-

PS, just played someone on the other side of the country with pretty much zero lag (even though it said 2 bars for some reason???)

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jul 18, 2014

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

The game is only $25 for ps plus members this week which seems like the perfect price for a pose viewer.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
I haven't played this game but would doubling the damage output of every character make people like it more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Soulcleaver posted:

I haven't played this game but would doubling the damage output of every character make people like it more?
The absolute minimum a round takes is 15 seconds, by spamming something like Okuyasu's autocombo. It's not just the damage, it's the dead air between moves and the lenght of the animation, as well.

It's fun but janky as hell.

Things like Pucci's 14 Words would be impossible to execute during a two player fight if everything else didn't also take 3 seconds to do. :v:

quakster fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Aug 18, 2014

• Locked thread