Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
I just got the first two trades a few weeks ago after reading the copies we had at my local library. One of the things I really like about this series is how it's able to give the feel of an entire developed universe without a lot of narrative explanation (in other words, Vaughan and Staples show, not just tell.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Niemat posted:

It kind of made me wonder if he owes money on something....? Like he thought if he died Sophie would have to pay for it, and she would be overwhelmed?

But I'd also accept he was just out of it.

I think he was just trying to give her the best advice he could think of at the moment.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Also I don't think anyone pointed out issue 17's callback to issue 1 when Alana says, "Because we have a family to think about now." a phrase she denounced in the first issue as "the rallying cry of losers"

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Okay I just read the new issue on ComiXology. My thoughts:

Interesting how the commoners in the Robot Kingdom have older TVs for heads.

Hazel is as cute as ever! and she has a pet!

That last page, Holy Crap, I hope this means something other than the obvious.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Seldom Posts posted:

'Split up' doesn't have to mean 'break up.' It can also mean that bounty hunters force you to go in different directions and you can't find each other again for some time. This happens to me and my spouse all the time. no, it doesn't but this does happen in fiction

That's actually where I think the story is headed, but you never know.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Holy Crap. I see they weren't kidding with the preview tag "Something terrible happens". It looks like Alana and Marko's separation may not be forced after all :( .

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Cheston posted:

I don't remember any other instance of one of the robots intentionally projecting a specific image- haven't their screens all been subconscious stuff up to now?

I think Prince Robot IV did it in one of the early issues. He displayed either Marko's or Alana's face on his screen when interrogating a prisoner. I think the screens act as another mode of expression since the Robots don't have facial features. The bigger question I have about the Robot people is how do they eat? We know they do since the princess was holding some food at a party and the janitor's son died after drinking infected water, but what do they use for mouths? That's a question that has been bothering me for a while now.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Timeless Appeal posted:

Honestly, i don't think it's that complicated. Some robots can morph their arms into cannons. I guess they also morph their faces to produce a tiny orifice for food.

That's probably it. Then again we have only seen the nobles morph, Dengo had to bring his own weapons when he hijacked the spaceship. Maybe all the Robots can alter their bodies, but only the nobles can produce weapons. I also think that we are over-thinking this issue, I'm kinda sorry I brought it up.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Anyone else notice that the sword and shield Marko had on the last page were the same ones hanging on the wall in Ginny's house?

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Okay just read issue 26 just have two thoughts;

1- Okay now I really want to know what the Robot People use for mouths.

2- That last page :wth:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Just finished issue 29. I know we say this pretty much every issue but that last page: HOLY poo poo.

• Locked thread