Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

I'm in for Saturday. Would be nice to get out earlier or quit sooner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

McLarenF1 posted:

Awesome, anyone else in for Saturday?

Also, HNasty, what was that S2000 bike cleaner you mentioned? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Oh sorry bud, I have a poo poo memory it's called S100 lol. Most dealers carry the stuff and so does cycle gear.

These are the two products I use
http://www.amazon.com/S100-Total-Cy...orcycle+cleaner

http://www.amazon.com/S100-Motorcycle-Wheel-Cleaner/dp/B000TVJL3W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1373404625&sr=8-2&keywords=s100+wheel+cleaner

Do it in the evening or at nght, spray wheels with wheel cleaner let sit for like 5 mins, hit em with a wheel brush or hose, spray the rest of the bike with the bike cleaner let sit for a few mins come back and and wipe with wet sponge. Hose the bike off and you're done, looks brand new forever. Whole process takes 20 mins if you get good at it.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

ought ten posted:

I'm in for Saturday. Would be nice to get out earlier or quit sooner.

33 and 250 are some real far out poo poo, I can start as early as 7 am if you guys are ok with that. We can take some highways to speed up our trip down there. Hit me up in gmail and we can plan some poo poo out. If you all don't want to do a all day trip I can do a more local route also.

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004
I didn't like the others, they were all too flat.

HNasty posted:

33 and 250 are some real far out poo poo, I can start as early as 7 am if you guys are ok with that. We can take some highways to speed up our trip down there. Hit me up in gmail and we can plan some poo poo out. If you all don't want to do a all day trip I can do a more local route also.

I want to say that 250 is about 40 miles past Skyline, so figure that into your timing.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Looking to Buy a McLaren, Anyone Selling One .... Cheap?

HNasty posted:

I'm up for going all day Saturday, but I think some of the other guys might be looking to be back by noonish so we may have people splitting off like last time.

Is everyone that wants to come on the email chain? I not, PM your email address and I'll add you.

Southwade
Jul 8, 2013
Traffic... traffic everywhere.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Lets plan something big for next weekend, if you guys want I can do this run which I've done before and is a big ride but not like grueling. http://goo.gl/maps/p8MTp Most of yall had comfortable bikes so I think it's doable.

I have another route that takes in 250 and more silliness but it gets real close to pushing your luck for a one day ride, http://goo.gl/maps/LyRlO I've done it on my own before but not really with a group. Also 250 is mostly in VA and crawling with cops and idiots on bikes.

I'm down for either, I'm thinking about trying one of these out to save my old/large rear end for hurting. http://www.amazon.com/SKWOOSH-Unive...+pad+motorcycle

Southwade
Jul 8, 2013

HNasty posted:

Lets plan something big for next weekend, if you guys want I can do this run which I've done before and is a big ride but not like grueling. http://goo.gl/maps/p8MTp Most of yall had comfortable bikes so I think it's doable.

I have another route that takes in 250 and more silliness but it gets real close to pushing your luck for a one day ride, http://goo.gl/maps/LyRlO I've done it on my own before but not really with a group. Also 250 is mostly in VA and crawling with cops and idiots on bikes.

I'm down for either, I'm thinking about trying one of these out to save my old/large rear end for hurting. http://www.amazon.com/SKWOOSH-Unive...+pad+motorcycle

Both of those look fun... what day where you thinking?

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Saturday morning and if it's raining, Sunday morning.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

HNasty posted:

Saturday morning and if it's raining, Sunday morning.

Are we talkin' about weekend 20/21 or 27/28? If it's the 27th or 28th count me in for sure, looks like a great ride. I'm guessing we'd meet in Georgetown again?

Southwade
Jul 8, 2013

hot sauce posted:

Are we talkin' about weekend 20/21 or 27/28? If it's the 27th or 28th count me in for sure, looks like a great ride. I'm guessing we'd meet in Georgetown again?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Looks like rain again this weekend, I'm getting real sick of this horse poo poo. The weekend of the 26th I have a wedding to attend :(

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

HNasty posted:

Looks like rain again this weekend, I'm getting real sick of this horse poo poo. The weekend of the 26th I have a wedding to attend :(

Arg. I'll be in Ocean City this weekend so I can't come even if the weather is nice. Count me out the 20th or 21st most likely :(

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

HNasty posted:

Well gently caress. If it doesn't rain I'm in for a good long ride. Maybe a shorty if the weather's iffy?

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

ought ten posted:

Well gently caress. If it doesn't rain I'm in for a good long ride. Maybe a shorty if the weather's iffy?

I'm gonna plan for satruday but if the weather is gonna be bad might push till sunday morning, I'll be leaving early.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

HNasty posted:

I'm gonna plan for satruday but if the weather is gonna be bad might push till sunday morning, I'll be leaving early.

Does anyone know of a self serve car wash in DC? No hose at my building, so the bike still has tons of pollen on it even after getting caught in the rain.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

hot sauce posted:

Does anyone know of a self serve car wash in DC? No hose at my building, so the bike still has tons of pollen on it even after getting caught in the rain.

Get a bottle of Honda polish and an old T-shirt and go to town

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Snowdens Secret posted:

Get a bottle of Honda polish and an old T-shirt and go to town

I always thought it was bad to use this stuff without washing with soap and water first?

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004

hot sauce posted:

I always thought it was bad to use this stuff without washing with soap and water first?

Yup. You'll get swirls in your paint if you don't wash it first.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

So what dates are we looking at now? This weekend, 20/21, and then the next possible is 3/4?

If we're doing this Saturday I'm out, as I've got a wedding. Sunday is iffy, I might have to deliver my old bike to a buyer on the other side of DC metro area.

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004

McLarenF1 posted:

So what dates are we looking at now? This weekend, 20/21, and then the next possible is 3/4?

If we're doing this Saturday I'm out, as I've got a wedding. Sunday is iffy, I might have to deliver my old bike to a buyer on the other side of DC metro area.
I'll be hitting up the cars & coffee thing tomorrow, and it sounds like some others might as well. That's assuming I can haul myself out at 7am, which is a rarity. Busy later in the day.

Pretty sure I'm good to ride all Sunday, but I might have to cancel last minute, so I'm not committing yet. My next opening after that is the 3rd.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

HNasty's headed to WV on Sunday and I'm down for that, not sure if I'll make it to C&C tomorrow. gently caress getting up early both weekend days. I'm around next weekend (I don't think H is), but not the 3rd and 4th -- I'm riding up to Burlington.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

If there's anyone reading this thread who's not on the emails, we're meeting at the Exxon at the end of M in Georgetown tomorrow at 8 for an all day ride to WV and back.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Now that everyone has learned not to ever go on long rides with me, lets have a local meet a bar somewhere.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
What did you do, Harv

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004

HNasty posted:

Now that everyone has learned not to ever go on long rides with me, lets have a local meet a bar somewhere.
I think we have mostly learned to apply better critical analysis to weather predictions and radar projections.

Dive bar, restaurant, pub, other? How close to inside the city? Just throwing out some ideas, I'm game for anything:

As far as places that usually have a few bikes parked outside them:
In the city, my favorite places are Shelley's Back Room, Biergarten House, or Banana Cafe.
There's Murphy's, the Fish Market, Old Firehouse, or Union Street Public House in Old Town.
Arlington's got a ton of stuff, I always seem to end up at Rocklands for bbq.

Moe's Peyton Place is a biker-friendly dive bar/diner in Springfield, mostly Harley crowd, naturally. Great food tho. We've also got Mike's American, for good steaks.

Main Street Pub in historic Clifton is settled among some fun (though short) roads.

Fairfax City has Bon Chon Chicken, which is some kind of secret Korean fried magic, and has nothing to do with motorcycles, but I currently have a huge crush on them.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Snowdens Secret posted:

What did you do, Harv

He likes to take us way out in the mountains and then make us ride home on 66 in the rain.

ohwandernearer
Jul 15, 2009
Bike: 09 Triumph Street Triple
Years ridden: 4
Down for: Riding motorbikes through curves

Just chiming in to plug Thurmont as an amazing destination for rides. The town itself is not much to speak of but pretty much all of its roads in any direction are outrageous twisty fun. Particularly good is the stretch of 77 that runs through the two parks.

Southwade
Jul 8, 2013
If you ever ride in DC here's your chance to speak up

Motorcycle Feedback Questionaire - survey closes at midnight 17 Aug 2013

Survey on dangers, conditions, and asking for suggestions on making the ride safer. Doesn't matter if you live in DC, just if you ever ride there.

I suggested including safe behavior around motorcycles in the driver's ed and legalizing filtering/lane splitting with a publicity campaign to make cagers aware of it.

Also there's an optional drawing for one of three $100 gift cards

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

According to this AMA State by State Motorcycle Law webpage, motorcycles aren't required to have turn signals in MD, DC or VA. Does that mean that weaving between cars on the highway without signaling (while still unsafe) is perfectly legal?

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

McLarenF1 posted:

According to this AMA State by State Motorcycle Law webpage, motorcycles aren't required to have turn signals in MD, DC or VA. Does that mean that weaving between cars on the highway without signaling (while still unsafe) is perfectly legal?

If you don't have turn signal lights, I believe you still have to use your hand to signal you are moving into another lane.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure what thread it was, but ought ten was recently talking about the closed le mans track over by RFK. There was some sort of event going on at the very end of the stadium parking lot, so the gate on Oklahoma Ave was just open. I rode in and did a few slow laps. It's still easy to tell exactly where the boundaries of the track are. As for taking your DRZ over there... I am not sure how successful that would be. I didn't see any cops or Paul Blarts, but a revving "dirtbike" in the distance might draw unwanted attention. Still, if you want to go over there and try our luck sometime this week, count me in.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

hot sauce posted:

I'm not sure what thread it was, but ought ten was recently talking about the closed le mans track over by RFK. There was some sort of event going on at the very end of the stadium parking lot, so the gate on Oklahoma Ave was just open. I rode in and did a few slow laps. It's still easy to tell exactly where the boundaries of the track are. As for taking your DRZ over there... I am not sure how successful that would be. I didn't see any cops or Paul Blarts, but a revving "dirtbike" in the distance might draw unwanted attention. Still, if you want to go over there and try our luck sometime this week, count me in.

I'm in lets go tomorrow !

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

HNasty posted:

I'm in lets go tomorrow !
If this is what you're talking about, I'm so in! When and where exactly are we meeting?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

McLarenF1 fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Aug 6, 2013

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004

hot sauce posted:

If you don't have turn signal lights, I believe you still have to use your hand to signal you are moving into another lane.

And you can't just cut the wires or anything. If you've got the signals, including switches, they have to work.

Southwade
Jul 8, 2013
Stopped in Georgetown this evening.

Kawasaki Z1000 by Southwade, on Flickr

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

McLarenF1 posted:

If this is what you're talking about, I'm so in! When and where exactly are we meeting?

Yep, that's the spot. It just looks like the RFK parking lot until you are actually right on top of it. I'm going to skip out if you guys are heading over there tonight - this weather is no fun to ride in. Count me in on the next sunny afternoon. We can meet in the normal spot if you guys want and then ride through the city, that seems to be the most convenient for where everyone is located.

Southwade posted:

Stopped in Georgetown this evening.

That's a great shot, what kind of camera are you using?

Southwade
Jul 8, 2013

hot sauce posted:

Canon T3i and a Canon 10-22mm lens on a tripod

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

hot sauce posted:

Yep, that's the spot. It just looks like the RFK parking lot until you are actually right on top of it. I'm going to skip out if you guys are heading over there tonight - this weather is no fun to ride in. Count me in on the next sunny afternoon. We can meet in the normal spot if you guys want and then ride through the city, that seems to be the most convenient for where everyone is located.

I'd be down for this as well. And as long as there's enough warning I can switch to a different colored plastic just in case ;). I's probably be coming from the other side of town so I'd meet you there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

hot sauce posted:

Yeah I want dry conditions for the track, let's do a ghetto track day, everyone bring your tire warmers.

• Locked thread