Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Totally agree ^

I updated the OP with the rides people have posted. Still haven't had time to type mine out, but will have a few by this weekend. I'll be doing "the track" in DC and a boring route through soMD. Hnasty please submit your route around 211/250 etc and I'll separate them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

IndianaZoidberg posted:

First and only speeding ticket I got on my bike was riding on rt50 to Ocean City. About 20 or 30 miles outside the Ocean City rt50 is a dead straight road so I opened it up and was going 95mph when I saw a little yellow dot infront of me...the high visibility vest of a cop. I managed to roll off the throttle just in time but got pulled over.

They clocked me going 75mph and not 95. After about 5 minutes the trooper comes back to me and hands me a $250 ticket for going 74mph in a 55 zone. Luckily they didn't want to deal with the reckless driving charge so they gave me a ticket for going 19mph over and not 20.

gently caress the state troopers on rt50! (except that one that wrote me that ticket, she's awesome)

Cops on rt 50 close to Ocean City are ruthless. I remember sometime in 2007 they had one in full camo in a treestand shooting radar. A mile later was 20 cars lined up getting tickets. It's especially bad on a car show weekend.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Well one(or several) of you idiots put it on the DMV BBQ spreadsheet.

Pit Stop BBQ Gilbert's Corner Rt 15 & Rt 50 Aldie, VA 20105 http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-pit-stop-aldie%09everything%096%09SirAnkie, HNasty, Endless Mike, Koruthaiolos, M42, hot sauce

:doh:

quick, someone say they got food poisoning there in the DC LAN thread

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Congrats, a lot of us started on a 250 of some kind. I would say lets go riding but I'm currently biek-less.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
All you really need is BBQ and a soda to keep the engine running on hot DC days.

Also, guys I know I said I'd make a thread for Cornerspin, it's just slipped my mind lately. I will make it soon so we can organize the trip.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

You guys wanna meet up on Saturday or Sunday?
http://www.thepitstopva.com/

I'll ride up and chill for a bit. You all can laugh at the horrendous shitheap that is my bike.

Sounds fun but I'll be camping Fri-Sun.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I'm down. When is it? Anyone want to go to Lincoln's Waffles before? Kortuthaiolos and I did that last year and it was p fun.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Dammit, that's the same weekend as Magfest. I could do Sunday the 8th only.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I'm curious how fast you'll sell it. It took me a while to sell the 599, which is basically the naked version of your bike. What are you listing it for?

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

The_Maz posted:

Still trying to sort out price since there haven't been a ton of them on the market to give me an idea of where to start. Figured I'd start researching that while carb jets are soaking this weekend. Any advice/insight is welcome since this will be my first time on the selling side of craigslist.

How long did you have the 599 up for?

I had the 599 up for a month in the fall, and then forgot to repost it. Then had it up for about 2 months in the spring. I had a lot of bullshitters offering me a grand. Eventually sold it for I believe 2,400, which is a few hundred less than what I paid.

unrelated:
http://heavy.com/news/2016/09/terrence-sterling-body-cam-camera-video-graphic-uncensored-watch-washington-d-c-police-shooting/

The body cam footage came out of that guy the cops shot a few weeks ago on 3rd st.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
It is really worth fixing if you are able. Mine ran rich due to a carb problem that I gave up on, and it ruined two separate sales. Both people were uncomfortable with how the exhaust smelled and neither knew what running rich/lean meant. Almost everyone I spoke with, including the eventual buyer, was looking for their first bike. I would imagine you'll get the same crowd.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I would prefer Sunday. I'll be at Magfest on Saturday :cool:

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Anyone need a helmet? I have a large AGV K-3 that I probably won't bring with me when I move. Upgrading soon anyway. Comes with a 2nd tinted visor.

edit: I guess I should elaborate for the folks who don't read the LAN thread. I'm moving to CO for work in a couple weeks. Probably going to buy a sumo out there as soon as I get settled. Keep it :100: DC biek goons

hot sauce fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jan 16, 2017

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

AuxiliaryPatroller posted:

Moving to the DC area for a new job sometime in August. How do you folks not in the 'burbs arrange parking for both beiks and a car? Teach me the Wu tang secrets.

Any suggestions on where to live? Single, 30 something male. Will be working in Downtown Silver Spring. 1 car and 2 bikes right now. Looking to keep rent at around $2k per month and have less than a 30 minute commute by car/moto/bicycle/metro/walk.

Hoping to go on some group rides and do my first track day at some point, and get down to NC for a cornerspin event.

I would live in or near downtown silver spring if I were you. Not sure where you're moving from but the rush hour traffic in DC is something you have to experience to believe.

I'm sure you can find an apt that will have a parking garage. Make sure to still lock the bikes to something, even if it's secure.

HNasty posted:

Live in Virginia, Maryland sucks.

Don't do this unless you really enjoy being stuck in traffic. Use VA only for riding bieks and buying guns.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Yah that's why I moved :)

Imo DC is better than both of those states, but you bamas all choose to live out in the burbs for some reason

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Communist Walrus posted:

so does DC have lovely roads, or the shittiest roads? i mean GOT DANG

I once had a pothole in NE rip a muffler off my old truck.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I had good experiences with RnR Cycles in VA. They are poorly managed though and were having money issues when I moved from the area. Not sure if they're still open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

HNasty posted:

Faster Twin in VA is p good if you happen to have a dumb Italian bike like me :)

MY DUCATI

• Locked thread