Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

hot sauce posted:

So far combined we have 1 literbike :negative:

Don't worry little buddy I'll pad your stats

Location: VA, out in the exurbs where you see horses and poo poo
Bikes: Ducati GT1000
Years Ridden: Over 10

Let me know if you silly bastards ever want to go riding in the country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
For you city kids, this is what is out in the country if you ever come out this way https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvybdQjZHLg&hd=1

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

kedo posted:

Yeah no kidding, where's that road at? I keep trying to find stuff like that near DC and while there are a few fun twisties (Georgetown Pike, for example), they're clogged with traffic and are nowhere near that long.

Speaking of which, anyone have some good rides within like an hour of the district to share?

There are lots of good rides withing 1 hour of DC and if you're willing to expand your area out to 2 hours, there is some of the best riding available anywhere in the country.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Koruthaiolos posted:

Does anybody have a good mechanic recommendation in the area? I don't have anything pressing right now, but I feel like if something did come up I'd like to already know of someone. All I've seen around are scooter shops and dealerships. I think some of the scooter shops will work on motorcycles too, but it would be nice to know in advance.

I live my RnR and know all the dudes there, they're good people I use them for stuff like tire changes and poo poo but for major services I still go to my dealer. For quick stuff and routine stuff I can def recommend them without hesitation. Also they're all pretty fun dudes.

edit: don't go to Stolemans they're the worst, I have Ducati and I drive an hour out to go to Ducpond in Winchester so I don't have to deal with Stolemans

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

M42 posted:

I'd like to work on my bike by myself. In SF, there's a cool workshop where you can rent a spot for a day to do whatever the hell. They've got tools, lifts, experienced people around, all sorts of awesome stuff, and it's like $50 a day. Is there anything like around DC? My new place only has a parking lot, it'd be kind of a pain to strip everything off the bike and do slightly more complicated stuff like carb cleanings and poo poo. Probably get heat stroke too cause there's no shade.

Nope, there used to be one but it went out bidness.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

I'll be going out this weekend if the weather holds.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

hot sauce posted:

Hell yeah, let's do it. You fine with meeting on H st NW in front of the CVS? There's usually no traffic in the morning and you can get right onto 395 South from there. I can PM you my # and we can figure out a time depending on weather closer to the weekend.

If yall suckas can make it the gas station at the end of M street in G-Town I can pick you city boys up and take you to VA. We can do Georgetown pike and if you guys have all day to ride I can take you to the country. Or even better would be if you can make it to VA on your own and then I can take yall to the country.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

hot sauce posted:

As long as it isn't rainin I can ride all day. Where in VA would you wanna meet? I don't know my way 'round those parts too well.

ought ten posted:

We were talking about riding down to Manassas-ish with Mr. Praline, if he's still in. Not sure if that fits in with your plan.

Not much good riding around Manassas, but I could meet you there and we can head out west on 66 to get to the good stuff.

tarun.sarao@gmail.com hit me up we can figure something out.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Mr. Eric Praline posted:

Yeah, I just outlined the really local stuff. There's not a lot of it, but there's some. If everyone's willing to highway the hour+ to get properly west, I'm down for that.

My problem is that I know my way around Clifton/Occoquan, and I know my way around Skyline/Luray, but nothing in between.

If you guys meet me at the end of Georgetown Pike on Route 7 I can take you on all the backroads to the west country. I figured since you were meeting in manassas 66 would be quicker. It only takes about 30 mins to get to decent roads from there.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

hot sauce posted:

The group ride was a blast despite getting caught in some rain on the way back. Props to HNasty again for leading the pack through unfamiliar territory. The picture below is the view from the spot we stopped at on Skyline Drive.

Snowden - didn't bring the GoPro this time but will the next. Kicking myself because the footage would have been great.

edit: Anyone know the name of the BBQ place we stopped at?

Carolina brothers in Ashburn. It was a good time despite the end being a cluster gently caress.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Mr. Eric Praline posted:

No sweat, I make that ride (and beyond) pretty regularly.

Lets do 33 and 250 soon, I'm down for next weekend if anyone else is.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

McLarenF1 posted:

Awesome, anyone else in for Saturday?

Also, HNasty, what was that S2000 bike cleaner you mentioned? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Oh sorry bud, I have a poo poo memory it's called S100 lol. Most dealers carry the stuff and so does cycle gear.

These are the two products I use
http://www.amazon.com/S100-Total-Cy...orcycle+cleaner

http://www.amazon.com/S100-Motorcycle-Wheel-Cleaner/dp/B000TVJL3W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1373404625&sr=8-2&keywords=s100+wheel+cleaner

Do it in the evening or at nght, spray wheels with wheel cleaner let sit for like 5 mins, hit em with a wheel brush or hose, spray the rest of the bike with the bike cleaner let sit for a few mins come back and and wipe with wet sponge. Hose the bike off and you're done, looks brand new forever. Whole process takes 20 mins if you get good at it.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

ought ten posted:

I'm in for Saturday. Would be nice to get out earlier or quit sooner.

33 and 250 are some real far out poo poo, I can start as early as 7 am if you guys are ok with that. We can take some highways to speed up our trip down there. Hit me up in gmail and we can plan some poo poo out. If you all don't want to do a all day trip I can do a more local route also.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Lets plan something big for next weekend, if you guys want I can do this run which I've done before and is a big ride but not like grueling. http://goo.gl/maps/p8MTp Most of yall had comfortable bikes so I think it's doable.

I have another route that takes in 250 and more silliness but it gets real close to pushing your luck for a one day ride, http://goo.gl/maps/LyRlO I've done it on my own before but not really with a group. Also 250 is mostly in VA and crawling with cops and idiots on bikes.

I'm down for either, I'm thinking about trying one of these out to save my old/large rear end for hurting. http://www.amazon.com/SKWOOSH-Unive...+pad+motorcycle

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Saturday morning and if it's raining, Sunday morning.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Looks like rain again this weekend, I'm getting real sick of this horse poo poo. The weekend of the 26th I have a wedding to attend :(

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

ought ten posted:

Well gently caress. If it doesn't rain I'm in for a good long ride. Maybe a shorty if the weather's iffy?

I'm gonna plan for satruday but if the weather is gonna be bad might push till sunday morning, I'll be leaving early.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Now that everyone has learned not to ever go on long rides with me, lets have a local meet a bar somewhere.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

hot sauce posted:

I'm not sure what thread it was, but ought ten was recently talking about the closed le mans track over by RFK. There was some sort of event going on at the very end of the stadium parking lot, so the gate on Oklahoma Ave was just open. I rode in and did a few slow laps. It's still easy to tell exactly where the boundaries of the track are. As for taking your DRZ over there... I am not sure how successful that would be. I didn't see any cops or Paul Blarts, but a revving "dirtbike" in the distance might draw unwanted attention. Still, if you want to go over there and try our luck sometime this week, count me in.

I'm in lets go tomorrow !

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

hot sauce posted:

Yep, that's the spot. It just looks like the RFK parking lot until you are actually right on top of it. I'm going to skip out if you guys are heading over there tonight - this weather is no fun to ride in. Count me in on the next sunny afternoon. We can meet in the normal spot if you guys want and then ride through the city, that seems to be the most convenient for where everyone is located.

That's a great shot, what kind of camera are you using?

Yeah I want dry conditions for the track, let's do a ghetto track day, everyone bring your tire warmers.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

the man is out to ruin my summer

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

kedo posted:

Well now you have to tell us what you did.

I made the mistake of living in VA, I'm caught up in the system man. I've been trying to get off this Control Period/Probation bullshit for 10 years. First you have to drive 6 months with no tickets to get off probation, then you have to drive 18 months without a ticket to get off the control period, just as I'm about to reach the end of my time I get a stupid ticket and it starts all over again. Back in the system with the riff raff again.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

hot sauce posted:

What kind of ticket exactly puts you on the control period? I've heard some horror stories from friends getting tickets in VA, but never heard about such long probation.

Well you gotta get a whole rack of tickets to get put on control :D At my peak I was like -18 points lol but that was so long ago, now I can't get off this poo poo.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

hot sauce posted:

If anyone is interested in an RFK track day trip report: HNasty and I ended up being the only ones to show up. We rode over there and the entrance I used last time was chained closed, so we used the main entrance on Oklahoma that goes down a path. We had to ride by a rent-a-cop to do this and he drove over to us, making sure we weren't about to ride around the track. They don't usually have security there that I've seen, but a construction crew was in the middle of building a big stage on the lot so it may have been because of that. I really hope the construction in there isn't permanent because it's smack dab in the middle of the track :negative: Other than that it was a good riding day with no rain.

Yeah and I had a salad wrap with goat cheese.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Hey anyone wanna gently caress around in Loudoun county and ride up to Summit Point this weekend, they're having endurance races up there.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

hot sauce posted:

Gaaaaah this sounds awesome but I will be helping family with some home repairs Saturday. I'll be back Sunday around 1 if anyone's still around then, I do plan on riding.

We can do sat or sunday, I think on sunday you'll have to pay entry to get into Summit.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

anyone riding tomorrow?

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Ernie Luckman posted:

Hey i've been saying for 3 seasons in a row now, I want to have some sort of fall ride down skyline drive. When's good timing to catch the best fall colors?

Also,

Bethesda, MD
Ninja 500
3 years riding
Interested in group rides

October but be prepared to do 25 and stop every 100 yards for tourist stopping in the middle of the road to take pics.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Hot Sauce and I were talking about doing a long (all day) ride on Labor Day weekend, prolly head down to SW VA and WV, if the weather is good of course.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

My plan is to gently caress off early Sunday morning (Monday as the back update in case of bad weather)and do around 400 miles, I'll be happy to accommodate anyone that comes but I would suggest picking up something comfy for your seat. Gonna be up in the mountains for most of the time, VA and WV mixed up.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Mr. Eric Praline posted:

Zero free time all of labor day weekend, and I've got to make up some hours and work Monday. :(

Anyone want to set up just a general biker meetup in or around the city? Daylong rides are nearly impossible for me for the next several weeks.

How about breakfast at the Queen Vic, Ought Ten and I ate there sunday after riding the track and it was p good.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Anyone wanna get up early for cars and coffee this sat?

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

McLarenF1 posted:

I'm down. Meet at the Georgetown Exxon at 6:30 AM? Or 7 AM?

7AM

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

McLarenF1 posted:

Looking at a map and Georgetown seems out of the way. Is there any place closer to the event we could meet up at?

Huh, this is cars and coffee at Katies on Georgetown Pike bro, it's the best location to meet at if you're coming from DC

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Found my cell phone, I left it on a wall near the Illuminati village

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

ought ten posted:

2 Million Biker ride is on Wednesday. Anyone planning to go? I'm heading down to the Harley dealer tomorrow to get a new bike for it if anyone wants to come with.

Srs?

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

ought ten posted:

I don't have any transport or suggestions to offer, I just wanted to say I'm glad you're replacing your BBQ bike and you should come out with us when you get your new bike squared away.

As far as I know RnR cycles in Sterling will pick up yo poo poo, I dunno if it's only you've had service there before or not, but if you're cool with a smaller local shop doing the word, give them a call. Their pick up driver is a hilarious drag racer kid.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Who is up for a breakfast at the crown vic this sat or sunday?

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Mr. Eric Praline posted:

According to some wonk on the Kojo show today, "there is a sea of asphalt just north of RFK stadium" that would be the perfect spot for new soccer fields.

Sounds like we need to make as much use of that track as possible before it's dug up into a park.

I do a great Kodjo impression, also Diane Rheims but that's really just my crypt keeper impression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

This saturday 10% of rain (which means 100% for us) and 63, might be the last chance to ride before everything becomes cold and miserable. Lets do it!

• Locked thread