Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«312 »
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

BlackMK4 posted:

How reliable are Mazdspeed 3s? They seem disgustingly cheap for something with an LSD, turbo, and useable hatch

I have a Gen 2 and it's been perfectly reliable, but it's stock and I don't beat on it. Be wary of modded ones, or any with over 60K miles as issues with the turbo seals can crop up if they're not taken care of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opengl128
Sep 16, 2010

Neo_Crimson posted:

I have a Gen 2 and it's been perfectly reliable, but it's stock and I don't beat on it. Be wary of modded ones, or any with over 60K miles as issues with the turbo seals can crop up if they're not taken care of.

Agreed, pretty sure most of the reliability issues come from morons slapping on a monster sticker and turning the boost up to 11. And also flooring it in sixth.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.

Megamarm

Unfortunately, the two local ones both replied they had offers in hand when I reached out and both sold

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Roundup Ready posted:

The grocery stores around here only have the big gently caress off upright ones that you use to clean an apartment or something. If the depot near me had any it was only like 16 bucks or something for a rental. Just kinda seeing if anyone has had experience with the hand ones I could fit in a two door back seat easily

Petsmart or Petco rents them with hand held cleaners for upholstery

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

Roundup Ready posted:

More general vehicle question incoming. To offset my unemployment I started doing food/beer delivery for a local brewery. The company van wasn't starting and we were way behind, so I took an order in my gti. The loving cap blew off a growler of oatmeal stout, emptying the 64oz of beer onto the floor in my backseat. Anyone have recommendations for small, powerful carpet shampooer you can rent? My car smells like rotten soy sauce dumped into a hangover.

Tried doing some research at home depot and whatnot, but most places aren't even doing rentals right now.

See if someone you know has a Bissell Little Green Machine. We have three cats and it works really well getting puke out of the carpets in our house. Compact enough to be used easily on a car.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Thanks for the advice, I finally found one at ace hardware and went to town on it the other day. Took like three hours, but the smell is 90% gone now.

BraveUlysses
Aug 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

if you have access to an ozone generator that will probably help with any lingering odor

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

I sprayed some ozium in there if that counts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Just placed my very first order to ECS Tuning

For an oil extractor and oil change kit

«312 »