Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jefinabox
Jun 26, 2007
Picked up this yesterday (the car, not the dog)

Fun, so far. Once you get to 5000rpm it just opens up. And it corners like nothing I've driven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jefinabox
Jun 26, 2007

sadnessboner posted:

I've got a 205 GTi 1.9, and a Fiesta ST on order; but this is the car I can't help feel I should have instead of both.

I can't vouch for the fiesta ST having never driven one but the clio is a bit like a modern 205 in lots of ways, only much, much more capable. I bought it for my girlfriend to drive but now I'm thinking of buying one for just me too, it's that good.

Jefinabox
Jun 26, 2007
I've bought another clio. This one has a load of upgrades like an arb, springs and a blown up engine. It'll be my car for work and track days, hillclimbing etc. Pictures when I've got the aa to drag it home.

Jefinabox
Jun 26, 2007
Did a track day in my 172 cup the other week, was fantastic fun and am planning to go back as soon as possible.

Car performed brilliantly until I melted my front pads completely halfway through the day. Drove 30 minutes to the nearest shop without touching the brakes once, got some new pads and changed them in the car park. Unfortunately there wasn't enough time to bed the pads in and still get some track time so we had to go home.

Trying to convince myself I need a full cage and bucket seats now..

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jefinabox
Jun 26, 2007

Pulling Teeth posted:

Are there any other French hot hatch enthusiasts here?

Hello! I have a 172 cup and my girlfriend drives a full fat 182. There's something about Renaultsport cars that's just so much fun. Terrible build quality but cheap enough to justify it.

We might be swapping the 182 for a megane sometime, how do you like yours?