Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SpellEdge
Sep 14, 2007
Atk:13 Add: Don't Act

I just put a deposit down on a 13 st. I got the st2 and moonroof, there's not a lot to pick from nowadays, I ended up going with black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpellEdge
Sep 14, 2007

Atmus posted:

That's my problem. I wanted a 200a with nothing else on it. I guess there is one like 350 miles away, but all the local ones are at least 201a and they all have the moonroof.

Luckily they found exactly what I wanted. Seeing tuxedo black in person sealed it for me, I'm very happy so far. I'm taking it in Wednesday to get MFT and the ipc firmware updates.

SpellEdge
Sep 14, 2007

echobucket posted:

Probably going to look for a Fiesta ST this weekend. This will be my first hot hatch, so I'm pretty excited.

I think I want a Silver one, I'm not really impressed with most of the colors, so I just figure I'll get something understated. I also like the way the red accents stand out on the silver. What I would really want is that yellow color from the Focus ST for the Fiesta, but too bad they don't make it in that.
Are the Recaro seats really worth $1999? I think I'd rather get a moon roof or navigation, unless the regular seats are just awful or something.

I don't know if they're exactly the same, but the Recaros in my focus are fantastic. Coming from a wrx tr, (which has base impreza seats) I am incredibly happy with them.

SpellEdge
Sep 14, 2007

Stew Man Chew posted:

This depends on the trim level you purchase, but pretty much yes.

Once you get to ST3, the full-leather heated Recaros, your only option is all black.

ST2 trim you can choose the black/blue and black/yellow option.

My st2 is black with grey inserts.

SpellEdge
Sep 14, 2007

Looks like I need the rear motor mount tsb done on my focus st, when it clunked on the way home from work today, I thought I ran something over.I did a couple more runs to confirm. I'm a little annoyed since I asked the salesman about the issue before I got the car, and he said it wouldn't be a problem because of the build date.

SpellEdge
Sep 14, 2007

Bob A Feet posted:

My dealership wouldn't do it at the same time I did my maintenance. They had the part, they had the time, the tech just "didn't feel like it."

I'm running out of Ford dealerships to go to. They are all poo poo-tastic in the panhandle.

The service dude I talked to today was less than helpful. From the get go I got the impression he was trying to blow me off. He said he'd need the car all day to verify, I laughed and said I'll call back when I have a day. It takes about 10 seconds to verify that thunk, and the TSB says it's 1.8 hrs to fix. I'm going to try another dealership.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpellEdge
Sep 14, 2007

16's will fit from what i've seen,not sure about 15's. I just put some blizzak lm-32's on my stock wheels since I plan on buying a second set of wheels in the spring.