Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
Just shook hands on a brand new FoST, now I've just got to wait for it to wing its way over from Holland. This is going to be a long two weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

The Locator posted:

Congrats. How did you end up getting one from Holland? I assume you are probably in Europe somewhere, is that where the plant is over there?
Yeah I'm in the UK. According to the sales guy they're built in Germany and come in through Holland. I was torn between two colours (Frozen White and Deep Impact Blue) and they had a blue one with my exact spec already sitting in a container whereas I'd have to wait another month for a white one so that was that. Got near enough £4k off the list price too.

One thing I noticed that conflicted with the reviews was the interior - everyone seems to think it's crowded and over-busy, but it all looks fine to me. Yes there's a lot of buttons but that's because there's a lot of stuff in there that needs them, you're not supposed to try to press them all at once while simultaneously blasting down a B-road.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
I'd buy the gently caress out of a new Mondeo ST. There's something about huge family land barges with stupid performance that just hits the spot.

They'd have to get rid of the stupid floating central console though, that thing is ugly.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
Also, vent time, three car-less weeks after I was told my new FoST was crated up and ready to go and I'd definitely have it by the weekend, the dealer has finally caved and admitted they have no idea when it'll be delivered. I'm not mad, I know new cars take time to sort out, but if it was going to take x number of weeks they should have just told me at the beginning. I'd already agreed to buy the car, why bullshit me on the delivery date?

The best excuse I've been given is that Ford UK are too busy delivering Fiestas to bother with anything else. gently caress Fiestas, I've paid a lot more than them, how about you ship my car first? You don't see airlines bumping people out of First because they've run out of space in Economy.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

Wheeee posted:

Yea, if those loving proles wanted consideration they should have bootstrapped their way into a Focus.

Pissy unwarranted entitlement is always funny but god drat son that post is a barrel of lol
Lol what? This is the dealer saying "welp, looks like Ford are bumping everything back so they can ship in more Fiestas!", not me expecting to jump the queue because of my awesome diamond-encrusted Focus. It's (apparently) me getting my delivery pushed back here. If they were giving my place to some guy buying a tricked-out £50k Mustang it makes sense because Ford get more money quicker, but why push orders back for more Fiestas? Just let everyone keep their place.

This is all academic because I'm pretty sure the dealer is just making up lies to cover for making a dumb promise he had no hope of keeping, but thanks for your input, I guess.