Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

hi can I join this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

The white looks great too, but my desire to be a unique snowflake won in the end

Had to drive 2.5 hours out of state for it though

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Yeah my Veloster is the first car I've had with back up cam and I immediately turned into Guy Who Backs Into Spaces

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Does CarPlay work via Bluetooth? I'm loving Android Auto but I didn't realize I was gonna have to plug my phone in to use it

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Yeah, it's the most First World Problems poo poo but with the advent of keyless entry/push button start, the experience of having to take my phone out of my pocket and find the end of the USB cable and set the phone in the little tray that it's gonna fly out of if I push the gas too hard and then later realizing I left my phone in the car, it all just feels like two steps forward and one step back.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

What worked for me:

1. Clear data/cache for Android Auto app
2. Manually install the new APK
3. Go into App Settings and check "Try the new Android Auto"

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

its not that stupid but i don't get the fascination with the stinger

it has a dope key fob

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I live in Ohio and bought my car last month in Indiana. They collected Ohio sales tax at the time of purchase, and then when I registered it back home I had to pay my county sales tax :shrug:

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Rhyno posted:

And you bought it in person?

Yeah

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I mean it's a good answer

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I think you mean Fit Type R

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

drat, similar power to my Veloster N but smaller and lighter and AWD? would have been extremely tempting 6 months ago

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

The new blue combined with the minor visual upgrades looks pretty good now IMO:

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

BlackMK4 posted:

Today I noticed that the Veloster N has one door on the drivers side and two on the passenger side.

That is all.

yeah that's always been the Veloster's thing

also get this: asymmetric B pillars

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

probably my favorite thing about my Veloster N is the valved exhaust

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

if you're not bothered by the 3 door thing and don't care about having a nicer interior it rocks

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

as far as things to be wary of:

- the 2019/2020 comes in a base model and performance package option that were 27k and 29k respectively. performance package gives +25hp, an electronic differential, bigger wheels, better brakes, summer performance tires, and a valved exhaust. a no brainer for the price in my opinion so make sure you know what you're getting if you buy used
- the 2021+ drops the base model, gets nicer seats, and adds safety features (lane keep, blind spot warnings, etc) but bumps the price to 32k for the manual. a bit of a bummer if you don't care about the safety features because 29k was a pretty great price. the seats light up though

- not aware of any major mechanical issues
- on a few occasions when temps drop below zero I've had issues with the driver side door being unable to open from the outside. have to get in on the other side and open the door from there. apparently fairly common, not sure if it's fixed on the newer model
- rear windshield visibility is pretty poo poo
- does not come with a spare
- wheel/brake size can limit your options for winter tires or buying a spare
- rear seats aren't exactly roomy. may be uncomfortable for taller people
- some people find the suspension to be too rough even in normal mode

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

fahrenheit

it's happened maybe 5 or 6 times in the two years I've had it. only in the morning after it's been sitting outside on cold nights. issue goes away by the time I get to the office

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I loving love BMWs new mountain dew color and I'm praying the m2 gets it

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

confuse the insurance companies, buy a veloster

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

just buy two of the same car

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Volguus posted:

And I bit the bullet and bought it today. 2022 Veloster N, White. Gonna pick it up Wednesday (if nothing catastrophic happens). Feels a bit of a YOLO moment, even though I can easily afford it based on my calculations, real life may prove me wrong, who knows. Excited, anxious, everything at the same time.

:hmmyes:

jealous of those seats

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

do you mean the flashing shift lights or the green number?

the green number tells you the most fuel efficient gear for your speed, not necessarily what gear you want when accelerating

it definitely made me realize I had not been driving manuals very efficiently for most of my life lol

Fellatio del Toro fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Aug 6, 2021

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

these are the shift lights you wanna follow :twisted:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ClassicZigzagHeifer-mobile.mp4

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

tbf I did get a lot of car people coming up to me when I got mine

I was worried when I first got it that people would think the auto rev matching was me trying to rev my engine at them or something. one day I'm driving home and this truck stops in the middle of the road and sticks his hand out the window frantically waving me to go past. I think maybe I was following too close or the rev matching made him think I was trying get around him and he was pissed. he then follows me back to my apartment and parks right behind me blocking my car in

turns out it was the first veloster n he had seen and he just wanted to check it out but uhhhhh

also recently had a guy pull up and suddenly stop and block me in at my work parking lot. he gets out and yells "I've been looking for you for like a year!" I'm just looking at him confused I have no idea who this guy is

"do you ever take it to the track?"

oh

mostly though I get older women telling me they like the blue

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

my veloster n got totaled by a (likely) drunk driver and boy does buying a car fuckin suck right now

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I've been driving my mom's 2020 GTI SE since the wreck which I actually like quite a lot and may have convinced me that I could live with an automatic

I was looking for GTIs and Golf Rs the past few days and there's basically no stock within like 200 miles other than a few high mileage or heavily modified; pretty much everything is online now which I'm still kinda wary of

Eventually found a 2019 Autobahn on Vroom in Great Falls Green which is by far my favorite GTI color. Was about to pull the trigger and the payment page on the website is just busted and won't let me click anything. Started googling and it seems that Vroom is probably the sketchiest of the online dealers and some horror stories had me looking around a bit more

Glad I did because I found a perfectly specced 2018 S3 (ara blue, black optics, seat and sound system upgrades, magnetic ride) with low mileage and a not too terrible price and immediately jumped on it. Just crossing my fingers waiting for delivery

Fellatio del Toro fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Sep 16, 2021

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

yeah the hyundai dealerships wouldnt let me drive the veloster n until I agreed on a price and was about to start signing lol

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

there are no options except the dct

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

RIP to my veloster, but I think I'm gonna get over it

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

its what's on the inside that counts
a golf r

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

every time i see a new civic i just think "why does something look wrong with that accord? oh, right"

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

important question: is the RS nitrous blue?

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

supra just needs some good colors, gimme one in that corolla hatch blue

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

idgi i thought "the more adult civic with a nicer interior" was called the 11th gen civic

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

its ok to like cool cars and want them to exist even if you dont have millions of dollars to buy them all imo

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

on one hand hand the m4 can make up for being ugly with the extremely good isle of man green

but on the other hand the m2 can make up for being ugly with the veloster n blue

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

depends on what the issue is with the GTI; is it a two door? ditching the manual? too small? want more modern safety features?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

everyone deserves a Veloster N