Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

tacopie
Apr 29, 2009
I'd take intake noise over exhaust any day of the week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacopie
Apr 29, 2009
Anyone know what the hot autox tire will be this year? I just picked up a 18 ST2 and am contemplating running the stock tires this season or getting a dedicated set. Haven't ran over any cones for about seven years.

tacopie
Apr 29, 2009
First auto x in 6-7 years today. Finished 2nd in class about a second and half behind first place in class. Still on stock tires, on a different surface than what I am used to running. Course was fast, unlike barely hitting the top of 2nd, this one encouraged getting into 3rd as soon as possible.

Coming from a 08 WRX, holy crap does the FoST love to be driven. In the roo, if I pushed it the car would be understeer city. The focus says "hey, let's get loose", and man is it fun, and never once did I feel like I wasn't in control, and I think if I had one or two more runs I might have come close to or won the class.

Good poo poo.

tacopie
Apr 29, 2009
I'm going to my first autox test and tune on Saturday. Can anyone with experience tell me what to expect?

tacopie
Apr 29, 2009
Test and tune on Saturday was pretty fun. They ran it in 20 minute heats with a ten minute break to swap out workers. They had three courses set up, to where you could jump from one to the other.

Car did well for the most part but when you get to run a tight course back to back to back it seems to wreak havock on the brakes due to the torque vectoring.

After lunch they set up a proper course. Fastest cars were running around 36, my fastest was 40.7.