Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I test drove a FoST3 last week and the dealership called me today real desperate to sell it

The siren call is getting hard to resist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

talk me down off this ledge Haunted Hatch thread

or tell me to jump :getin:

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

I'm going to probably end up buying a Model S actually. My car won't be the family car, it just has to be able to fit 2 car seats. I considered an Outback and an A7 but I kind of want a Tesla.

don't do this

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Used? Not a great car?

They're very badly made cars, a fire hazard, and if they catch on fire your kids are stuck in the back with no real way to get out if you have also lost power (likely, in a fire)

Full stop do not buy one, new or used.

For the same price you could buy like any nice Sedan or Hatch with room for car seats. Or hell, an SUV/CUV even and I hate the drat things

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

The programs in carplay/auto run on your phone, hence the need to plug them in

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

For f150 money you could buy a car that isn't a piece of poo poo and put not poo poo tires on it

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

FBS posted:

I'm still waiting for somebody ITT to give a trip report on the Veloster N

I've come danger close to making this poor financial decision but there hasn't been one nearby to test drive until recently and I've been too busy to test drive it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Bentai posted:

Looked at a CPO ‘17 GTI SE tonight. Price was right at 24.5 out the door, but they refused to allow the car off the lot for a PPI. So, moving on. :|

Tried to get a test drive of a Veloster N as well, but the Hyundai dealership wasn’t letting anyone drive it unless they were willing to buy it for almost 40k before TTL. :wtc:

It’s the last car I have yet to drive, but they all refuse because it’s such a “rare sports car.”

goddamn that's a markup