Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Enos Cabell posted:

Holy poo poo, have you guys heard the sounds this new 550hp VR6 crate motor can make? Time to daydream about swapping one into my GTI.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ct7sQIxsto2/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

holy shiiiiit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Arcella posted:

My 2013 GTI is about to hit 100k miles, what should I replace it with? Unfortunately they haven’t sold a 2-door GTI in the US since 2016. Maybe I’ll just get a Golf R but the 4-door golf just bores me to tears.

BrZ

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
can you go over a bump on one side or the other and tell if it's isolated to that particular side?

that ball joint could be going but i wonder if it's the sway bar endlinks, pretty common cause of clunking on all sorts of cars.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8K6QUPmv8Q

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
looks so much better in white than black, nice job

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
It's so much easier to have a dedicated hauler for dogs that you don't have to worry about them ruining your pristine, fast car

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
i will be selling my 2017 gti in the next couple months, been a great car but we dont need two performance cars so it will be replaced with a bolt as soon as i can get my mitts on one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Ehud posted:

I was just forwarded a spreadsheet for the Mazdaspeed3 I'm buying. The owner kept track of every single maintenance item since they purchased the car in 2013.

they also kept track of every single fill up they ever did, including the date, the mileage at the time of fill up, how much gas they bought, and how many mpg they're getting.

what the hell

I'm going to always buy cars from engineers from now on.

pretty easy to track all that with fuelly, i have just about the same data on all my cars