Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer
Hey guys, figured I'd report in. Got a hot hatch for the wife, 2016 Fiesta ST in Kona Blue, matches my 2012 Mustang! It is suuuuuper fun to drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
We've had my wife's Fiesta ST for less than a week and I already ordered the Mountune MP215 kit.

Did I just make the best decision of the week, or the best decision ever? You decide.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Removed the loving front-mount license plate frame. The state I'm in doesn't even require a front plate, but the Ford Dealer installed the holder just to put one of their advertising plates in it.

I politely went to them and said 'I didn't buy a brand-new car so you could mess up the front and block the drat front-mount intercooler for your free advertising, is there any way pretty please you could have a dealer tech remove it?'

15 minutes later, much better:

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Did they drill holes? That was something I was very clear on. Holes = no deal.

Honestly I didn't catch it before delivery. That and dealer stickers I say either don't do (IE drill holes) or take it off before delivery (like if they have a sticker already).

My fault, but they did give me body-colored plugs for the holes, which is fine cause I'm military and eventually will end up in a state that requires front plates at some point.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Korbin posted:

I've had my FiST for about a year and I have the itch to do some upgrades. I'm trying to decide between exhaust or an Accessport.

accessport first, exhaust second. unless you don't like another 35HP to the wheels.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

sneakyfrog posted:

just get an accessport and an etune. or if you are feeling especially spicy a custom tune, but you'll notice a difference with just that and a drop in filter and thats easy enough to undo in case of a dealer trip.

Yeah, there's a world of difference between the stock tune and a Mountune custom tune. Worlds.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Bentai posted:

I'm torn between two FiSTs. One is a CPO 2016, in my preferred Kona Blue with all the options, just under 20k mileage, 19 out the door. The other would be a brand new 2017, orange on orange with everything but a sunroof. The dealer won't come down very far, best I've been able to get them to offer is 21.4 OTD. Blue is my favorite color, but jeez for not even 2500 more I can just get a new one.

Are either of these even remotely decent-ish deals?

Spend 50$ on a Mustang Club of America membership and get an X-Plan PIN.

We snagged a 2016 last year that had been languishing on their lot next to 17s with the 18s on the way for 19 and change OTD, brand new.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Might be the first one here with one----- just sold our 2012 MCA Mustang and got a 2019 Veloster N w/perf pack. Complements my wife's modded Fiesta ST!

Really really loving the active exhaust and rev matching. This thing _sounds_ incredible! Feels way way way better than a stock Focus ST, which is what we were looking at before they stopped manufacture.

For those not familiar with the N-line, Hyundai stole some engineers from BMW and decided to make a new performance line, ala ST, SVT, etc--- and this is the first model available. This has rev-matching, LSD, electronically adjustable suspension, and active exhaust. It's wicked sick.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

KillHour posted:

You didn't get it in the blue, though!

I got the last available within 250miles. Good luck for those trying to find one of these.. I think Hyundai totally underestimated the demand for them in the US.

Trust me, I would have bought the blue if I could. Still happy as gently caress though!

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

MourningGlory posted:

I’ve got a bug up my rear end to trade my ND Miata in on a Veloster N. I’ve yet to find a bad review online but unfortunately the nearest dealer that has one is 120 miles away so I haven’t actually even seen one in real life yet. Anyone here in the thread driven one? If so, what did you think?

I've got about 600mi on my Veloster N and still can't get over the great noises it makes.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

MourningGlory posted:

How is it in terms of daily comfort and civility?

Fortunately, it has multi-mode suspension. For my commute, I usually roll with everything in max settings from "N mode" but my "N custom" has the suspension set two notches down from max stiffness and the steering dialed down one notch for highway driving. The only thing I can see being annoying is a little bit of drone on the highway, but if you switch to Eco when on a long highway commute, the exhaust goes to a much quieter mode.

I have a short (10mi) commute and love all the bangs and pops so I usually leave the exhaust in super fun mode.

Daily comfort I would rate it a bit better than my wife's Fiesta ST (it's more pliant over uneven pavement) and slightly worse than my prior, a 2012 Mustang with 3.73 gears and a borla exhaust.

The sounds, though. It sounds loving amazing. The programming they have for overruns and shifting makes it sound like a loving racecar from hell. It's ridiculous.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I know I totally lucked out but my wife and I bought a '16 FiST brand new on the lot for her when the 18's were just slippin' out and paid 16.9K OTD. I can't imagine paying that much for one that already had 15-20Kmi on it.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Fellatio del Toro posted:

hi can I join this thread

So jealous you got Perf Blue. I got one of the last two in my state at the time and neither were Perf Blue. Noice.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

FBS posted:

Performance Blue is kind of ugly and Chalk White is the only actually good color. :colbert:

no i'm not jealous

yeah, that's what i ended up with. first white car for us.

Here4DaGangBang posted:

As others have said though, a tune really wakes them up.

My wife's FiST has a Mountune Cobb setup and even though it's a good second and a half slower to 60 than the N, the power delivery is so radically different---- the N is very flat and even and the FiST's is like a rocketship---- the FiST *feels* faster but definitely is not.

thetechnoloser fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jul 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Crunchy Black posted:

Do you people who choose to live in the goddamn arctic really change wheels/tires multiple times a year?

In-loving-sanity.

I change my oil. That's it.

You might be *shocked* then to realize most rational countries near the arctic _require_ you to change from summer/allseason to winter tires. (and back again when things thaw out)

It's the law even.

I know, public safety, gently caress me, right?