Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
This is still my favorite hot hatch:

Grew up driving a mk 2 Golf Driver, now I get to race a proper GTI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
idk about that Civic - when I think hot hatch I think of a manufacturer-built car, made in reasonable numbers. One offs for the drag strip don't really count.*

*I'm presuming it's for the drag strip because I can't imagine an 88 Civic's front suspension being able to handle even 250 bhp and a corner at the same time.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

echobucket posted:

As an Apple fan and someone who does UI and UX for a living, the mft drives me bananas. It also feels like technology from like 5-6 years ago, since it's a resistive touch screen and isn't very responsive. The entire idea that you have to use SCROLL BARS on a touch screen is retarded. Also the source selection screen is annoying, since the sources I usually listen to is on the second screen for no good reason with no way to reorder them.

I have it both on my 2013 Escape and my 2014 Fiesta ST. It's slightly better on the Escape because of the larger screen, but it's bad on both..

However having said all that, The ONLY user interface I've seen that is decent on a car is the newer versions of BMW's iDrive system.

Really car companies should get out of the business of doing software and let someone else do it.

I like Apple's idea of just letting the Phone drive the user interface remotely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_in_the_Car

The problem is, Apple work on yearly (at most biennial) refresh schedules, and car manufacturers are on decade cycles.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

Faceless Clock posted:

To be clear, since no one has mentioned it - summer tires don't just suck in the snow. They're designed to work within a range of temperatures, and if the environment becomes very cold they harden up and lose traction. You'll be experiencing traction below what all-seasons could provide all winter.

This is important! Anything below 8˚C/46F is too cold for the compound in summer rubber to work properly.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

Bacon Hat posted:

I want to join the hot hatch club!

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT.

Hot or not, all kinds of hatch.

This is not a hot hatch.