Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

CharlesM posted:

This is the hot hatch I want, a Mazda 323 (Familia) GTR.

I wish my 323 was able to be that cool. If things worked out differently, I might have been able to keep it. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

0toShifty posted:

VW lent Jason Cammisa a Scirocco R for Cincy this year, Cincy is the old Scirocco.org email list get together in Ohio. The red mk2 in the background is mine. I always said that I'd only ever drive a Scirocco as a daily driver. The new Scirocco was a really nice car - I'd take that.

So is this how the Durocco raced it? I seen the video was uploaded recently to his YouTube.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

leica posted:

The only hot hatch I ever owned was a '94 Suzuki Swift GT and I loved that car. Bought it brand new for like 11k, added A/C for 1k, and later thanks to Calmini (suzuki aftermarket) had a header, exhaust and some springs. Then I got some TSW wheels and some sticky tires and was in hot hatch heaven. This is pretty much exactly what it looked like:

Only new car I ever bought, and one of the few I wish I never would have given up :(

I wish things worked out differently and I could have kept the Mazda 323 and bought a WORKING wagon. Buying 8ender's Subaru hosed up my car spending royally.

I could have had an awesome turbo 323 at this point. :(

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

leica posted:

Don't feel bad, I had two 323s that I had grand plans for and it never worked out.

One of these days I'm gonna find a clean BG and actually go through with it :(

If I could do it again, I'd find a wrecked Mazda(speed?)3 and start swapping everything into it.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Ringo Star Get posted:

I wish I could afford the Accessport, it's incredibly beneficial: better mileage, performance, even has launch control. Unfortunately the next purchase for my ST are all terrains and some mudflaps. Next year I'd like to slap on an exhaust system and get the AP.

All terrains or all seasons? When I think All-terrain, I think knobby Jeep tires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Bob A Feet posted:

The Fiesta ST is the perfect blend between cute and aggressive. I'd buy one if I didn't have an ST.

I found out last night that ford racing has matte and gloss black versions of the stock wheel on the Focus. I love the design, hate the color of the wheels (shows too much dirt). They are ~$220 too. I was going to get mine powdercoated but I'd rather have the originals for when I move somewhere else for a second set of tires, and the cost of powder coating would probably be around the cost of a second set of wheels I figured.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=22774

Have you checked with Tousley Ford? They offer big discounts for the Ford Racing parts too. ;)