Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mandals
Aug 31, 2004

Isn't it pretty to think so.
Been doing research for a few months, and I'm about to test drive a 2017 GTI. The last car I bought was a Honda Fit Sport back in 2008, so I'm curious to see what it'll feel like to drive a car that is basically double the HP and torque. Not to mention all the interior upgrades.

Should be fun, and I'm hoping I'll like it although I wonder if some of it will be lost on me.

Mandals fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Apr 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandals
Aug 31, 2004

Picked up a brand new 2017 GTI SE yesterday and the difference between it and my previous car, a 2008 Honda Fit is, well, insane. Put down 100 miles yesterday just aimlessly driving around and trying to see how fast I could smush myself into the seat under acceleration. It's the first car I've ever owned that makes me feel like I'm in my own starship.

One thing I can't figure out: do the side mirrors turn in when I park? Or can they?

Mandals
Aug 31, 2004

gvibes posted:

Do you have the manual or dsg on the GTI? There is an auto mode on the dsg, right? I need a wrx replacement that someone who can't drive a stick can drive.

DSG. I seriously considered the manual for the fun factor, but I've never driven one before and I figured going from my previous car to this one would already be a huge 'fun factor' upgrade.

Mandals
Aug 31, 2004

SerCypher posted:

Very nice!

Speaking of brand new cars, anyone know if there is a recommended break in mileage for these? I'm trying to keep it below 4000rpm or so for the first 500 miles.

Had the same question about my GTI and the dealer was like "don't bother. Drive it like you stole it."