Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Enoch
Mar 23, 2011

mugrim posted:

The poo poo Monsanto does to the third world is bad enough you really don't have to give a poo poo why other people are upset by them.

Pobama posted:

Actually an older woman I know, sharp as a tack and very perceptive on most things, is crazy into the natural foods, organic, anti-gmo crowd. It's sad in some respects because she just does not understand the science behind it.

When she started trying to make me anti-Monsanto she went on this whole thing about how the food they are making is poison and yada yada. I started talking about how I dislike them for the way they treat poorer, less savvy farmers, and tried to ignore the GMO aspect she was going on about.

However she seemed really disinterested in what Monsanto was doing business practice wise, basically dismissing my reasons for disliking the company and moving back onto her perceived threats to our food supply.

She's also a raw milk supporter, kale lover, and takes a million "natural supplements" many that are painfully obvious as bullshit.

There is a unacknowledged racial aspect to these politics that few people outside academia seem willing to talk about. Agriculture, after all, is the main foundation for notions of territory, nationhood, race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread