Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
I'll post decent pics tomorrow when my knives come home from work for the week but my workhorse knives have been a set of 4 shuns that only really get sharpened every six months at the most. I have a 20cm chefs knife that had multiple chips and a busted tip before it got professionally sharpened in one of the kitchens I worked in. The next is a santoku that's almost my most used knife in my kit and it's awesome for veg prep among other things. The paring knife also gets used a lot and while it tends to cut others it hasn't yet managed to get me. A knife I hated for years but recently found a use for was the 15cm utility knife. It's rubbish for just about everything given the thinness of its handle and shallow depth but a couple of weeks ago I discovered it's almost the ultimate in meat prepping due to it's downsides. I haven't tried it out yet but I think it's probably also a good deboning knife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread